Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Re:Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 5, 10 12:57 AM
princesshouse wrote:OK, I give up. This same thing is happening to me. I followed Ann's instructions on page 2 of this thread yesterday and it worked fine for awhile. Now today, it won't load again.

Help! LOL

Hi Princesshouse - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by Anitakins on Apr 10, 10 3:42 PM
I've played the Mahjong Towers Eternity game for about a year without any problems and all of a sudden I got the same problem as other people, I get Director Errors. I also had another game, Christmas 2006 by Towers Eternity and got the same problem. I've got desktop Vista. I love these two games and would like to keep on playing. What should I do??? Thank you.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 11, 10 4:40 AM
Anitakins wrote:I've played the Mahjong Towers Eternity game for about a year without any problems and all of a sudden I got the same problem as other people, I get Director Errors. I also had another game, Christmas 2006 by Towers Eternity and got the same problem. I've got desktop Vista. I love these two games and would like to keep on playing. What should I do??? Thank you.

Hi Anitakins - have pm'd you with info for Mahjong Towers Eternity

Yr Christmas 2006 by Towers Eternity i dont know anything about - iv never come across this game or downloaded it so am uncertain how it works - you could try using the links iv sent you to see if you can get into the guts of this game to see if theres any player type data to save - or maybe 1 of the other links iv sent you in relation to Vista itself may sort the prob out

Try the links with this game too & see how you go - if they dont work for this particular game post back & i'll try track the game down & reinstall it meself to see if i can find anything that may help ya out to get it running again

Fi

Ps: Anita - went & tracked down Mahjong Holidays 2006 - am assuming this is the 1 you mean in yr post above - installed it & it works exactly the same - you will have a player folder in this game too - follow the link i sent you & see how many kbs is on the 'players' file - would say you probably in need of the Mte fix for both

Edited on 04/11/2010 at 5:16:05 AM PST

[Post New]by GypsyStar on Apr 12, 10 1:33 PM
Spazzazz wrote:
Call60 wrote:Using Vista. How do I proceed? Waiting for fix info

Hi Call

Have pm'd you

Any probs post back

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 12, 10 3:16 PM
Hi GypsyStar - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by ridgefoxfella on Apr 12, 10 9:21 PM
Hi

Im running windows 7. I used the Post link here .. Using Diskcleaner etc..

It worked for a day than the next back to Director Errors like before..

Spazzz any ideas?

That link you have? can i get it.. ?

Thanks!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 13, 10 8:34 PM
Hi Ridefoxfella & Chrislint - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by GypsyStar on Apr 14, 10 2:23 PM
I am also getting "Director Error" and I am also using Vista. Help

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 14, 10 2:58 PM
GypsyStar wrote:I am also getting "Director Error" and I am also using Vista. Help

Hi GypsyStar

pm'd you a couple of days ago - log in & on the right of yr screen you will see a 'my messages' link - clik on it & it will take you into yr msg inbox

Fi

[Post New]by cezzababes77 on Apr 15, 10 11:29 AM
I've also just started getting the Director Error when I open up MTE. I can't get into the game at all, just get the error messages. I'm running Vista and yesterday my laptop did some Updates through Microsoft. Is that what has caused the problem?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 18, 10 1:27 AM
cezzababes77 wrote:I've also just started getting the Director Error when I open up MTE. I can't get into the game at all, just get the error messages. I'm running Vista and yesterday my laptop did some Updates through Microsoft. Is that what has caused the problem?

Hi Cezzababes

The only way to find out if the updates caused the prob is to trackm down & uninstall them - IE8 has been known to cause a few probs since its release - i installed it when it 1st came out then uninstalled it fairly quickly coz of the probs it caused on me puter - but those probs didnt affect me Mte game - havnt installed it again to see how it is now - am still running IE7

Will pm you the links for the error prob in Vista in relation to Mte anyway & that way you got them for whatever you decide to do in relation to yr puters updates

Fi

[Post New]by aliciarwallace on Apr 22, 10 7:43 PM
Suddenly getting this message. I want to play! Have vista 64-bit. Please help? Thanks!

[Post New]by tiramasu on Apr 23, 10 6:47 AM
Spazzazz wrote:If you cant get into the game at & if youve had it for around 3 years & played it a fair bit in that time you may be needing the fix

This is done when yv played yr player file upto around the 500kb mark

Check this first & if its not that then we can look at other things

Checking the kbs on yr player file - these instructions are for Xp - if you are using Vista or Mac - msg me & i'll send you the link on how to find the game files & folders in these puters if you dont already know how

Right clik yr Mte game icon (the 1 you start the game up with)
Clik Properties
Clik Find Target

Look for the 'Player' folder & double clik on it

You will see a lot of wierd looking files that are all the same

Find the 'Players' file - directly underneath it there will be a number with kb beside it - if you cant see the number gently sit yr mouse on the file & the number will appear

Then post back & we'll go from there

[Post New]by sherjen on Apr 25, 10 8:08 PM
Hi I am getting the same error messges on my new lasptop. I have windows 7 on it. AWhen I downloaded the game it worked great and then started with the same message thast everyone else is getting. Please advise- I am addicted to this game and going through withdrawals!!!!

I would appreciate as much details as possible. I am not super strong with loocating or revising files. Thank you very much!!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 28, 10 1:54 AM
Alicia - Tiramasu - Sherjen & Chris via pm - have pm'd you

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on May 5, 10 8:48 PM
Tiramasu - froggylady & Chris have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by cblucky on May 9, 10 5:53 PM
I still never got a fix for Majong temple Eternity I have windows 7. I paid for it and am not able to play.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on May 9, 10 10:49 PM
cblucky wrote:I still never got a fix for Majong temple Eternity I have windows 7. I paid for it and am not able to play.

Hi cblucky - have messaged you - if you need more help post or pm me - Fi

Edited on 05/09/2010 at 10:51:07 PM PST

[Post New]by kiwigal2471 on May 29, 10 8:18 PM
now how do i fix on vista please
why dont you post a fix instead of jsut pming ppl so those that you dont talk to can get a fix for this game

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 7:54:33 AM PST

[Post New]by genimiah on Jun 2, 10 10:53 AM
My computor uses windows 7 and I'm getting the same director's error for the last couple of days. What's up?

Go to: