Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ comments and reviews

[Post New]by damnedfallacy on Oct 4, 09 10:21 AM
I'll agree that this was a beautiful, enjoyable game. I love spooky atmosphere games and this was perfect. Gameplay was fantastic and the story was great. My only complaint was the length and ease of play. I got through with no skips and only a couple hints in an hour and forty-five minutes and so was a little dissapointed that I'd spent money on it.

Can't wait for the next installment, though. Please make it longer and let us spend a little more time in that fascinating world?

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Oct 4, 09 11:49 AM
I loved this game. The puzzles and story gave it a really nice change of pace from the typical HOG that comes out these days. The graphics, scenes and puppets were beautiful. One that is worth buying and isn't finished in 10 mins.

[Post New]by grandma3times on Oct 4, 09 3:17 PM
I enjoyed the game. Cannot wait for the sequel. Great graphics and great ending.

WhipFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by WhipFish on Oct 4, 09 3:57 PM
This wasn't as disturbing as some games but I DO think Big Fish should elaborate a little, like they do in movie ratings, like "violence" or blood and gore....condescension towards women ...heh heh.

I am taken aback by the bloody scene and wish I had been forwarned about that, thankfully it wasn't quite as bad as another one or two I've played in the past... but other than that, found it beautifully done. I just wonder also why to make it adult games they think it requires some gore. Must be for the gen xers.

WhipFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by WhipFish on Oct 4, 09 3:59 PM
What IS Mortimer?

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on Oct 4, 09 5:04 PM
Bought the game today and finished it same day. I have to say I really liked the game. It could have been a bit harder. I also enjoyed the story line.

bocadoll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bocadoll on Oct 4, 09 5:42 PM
It was a fun game though I would have preferred it to be HOG-less...was annoying when the rest was fun...got bogged down with no apparent help and gave up....Kinda feel as though I wasted my money.........

[Post New]by dwbstbp on Oct 4, 09 5:45 PM
I have purchased this game recently and and can say "ditto" to the other players comments. EXCEPT....... ....for about the last hour or more I have NOT gotten a single clue as to where to go next. I am really frustrated !!

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Oct 4, 09 7:14 PM
great game in all ways, love it, enough of everything, but sad it ended, whens number two out,? now what will i play, games like this and return to ravenhurst, spoil us,

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Oct 4, 09 7:50 PM
I just finished the game. Loved the graphics and going from room to room. Wish the game had been more of a challenge for things to find as well as the puzzles. I would like to have had to go back through all the rooms searching for something that ended this sequel.......it would have stretched the game out more I think. Overall this was an excellent game. I was one of the beta testers and thought I would never get this game downloaded, but with the help of CS and Christine I was able to delete the old file and play the game.

ETS: Look forward in probably a year to the sequel.

Edited on 10/04/2009 at 7:52:09 PM PST

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 4, 09 8:29 PM
Loved this game! Reminded me so much of an updated SYBERIA. Yes it was short and not too hard but like everyone says, it was so beautiful to look at and was fun. If they could make more like this, just a little longer and a little harder I would be the happiest fish in the pond!

Miss Clairol

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 4, 09 9:31 PM
Excellent game with magnificent graphics and creativity.

[Post New]by stayseasweet on Oct 5, 09 1:39 AM
I was really enjoying playing the game until it got right up to the end. The way the story changes ..... well I wont go into it, but to go from nice to not nice, (I didn't like that at all. The last part of it is so completely different, more watching the actions (that I didn't like) than playing the game the way it had been going. And It was a shocking change in story form. Then I went back to start over (up to a point) and it takes you to exactly the same searches not new ones. So you play it once and then everything is just the same. It says there is more to come but with the story going the way it does I wouldn't even think of playing a continuation of this story. I had really liked the setup and pictures but after playing the full game I REALLY wish I hadn't bought it. I definitely will not even let my friends know that I have this game.

[Post New]by fictiongal on Oct 5, 09 6:23 AM
I think this is a great game for October. I like the eerie music and the artwork. It has a haunting feeling that I like to have around this time of year. I also like the little surprises when you click on certain things such as the bats and the statue. I am definitely buying this one.

[Post New]by Ouroboris on Oct 5, 09 7:10 AM
Didn't take long but the price was fair. Can't wait to see what happens in part two. Like the previous reviews have already noted the graphics & music were both above par, and there's just enough spooky factor to keep you on the edge and interested in what's next. Somebody certainly put their heart into this game, and I'm definitely looking for the next installment!
Until then

Edited on 10/05/2009 at 7:13:06 AM PST

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Oct 5, 09 8:35 AM
The graphics in this game are phenomenal! The attention to detail is the best I've seen. The music is beautifully done and appropriate. The scenes load quickly.The gameplay is not super challenging but what ther heck. I highly recommend this game.

[Post New]by eve_59 on Oct 5, 09 11:46 AM
NOOOOOOOO! Why it was so short?!!!!!!!!!
I'm outraged by the length!!! I bought this game and it ended right after I did!!!!!!!!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I don't know what to give this game
Well:
for the game, and
for the length
I was realy disappointed by the Puppet Show
Hope the second one will be muuuuuuch longer

Edited on 10/05/2009 at 11:47:55 AM PST

[Post New]by carr7729 on Oct 5, 09 12:30 PM
Really enjoyed this game. although it's very short and not one which I would particularly want to replay - but since games are now only $7 I don't mind that too much.

[Post New]by eve_59 on Oct 5, 09 1:14 PM
Replaying was not any differ. I hoped it will be any other way to play this story, but I was bored
This game is very short, very easy and pretty much the same when you replay it.
Would realy love to spend my money on smth better and longer

dady45
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dady45 on Oct 5, 09 1:41 PM
I thought the game was brilliant.
I rate the PUPPETSHOW game very highly and will be very happy to see a sequel.

Go to: