Re:Avenue Flo Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by kiminanis2 on Nov 25, 10 5:59 PM
nomedeja jugarlo sepone un error

Re:Avenue Flo comments and reviews

[Post New]by DaisyThe4F on Dec 2, 10 4:31 PM
gorbykitty wrote:Anyone else annoyed with all mini-games having an average of 6 rounds? And there's no skip? [snip] At least add a skip puzzle option to humor usl

Totally agree with you. After the third or fourth iteration, each of the games got boring. And not being able to skip is a deal killer, since I'm stuck at the aerobics class, last level of the silly routines. I simply could not get enough points after three tries (I'm of the W.C. Fields school -- as he put it, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then stop. No sense being a damn fool about it.")

The killer is that it won't let me input the code into the cake machine if I haven't watched the video. Sure, I could ask someone to do the aerobics thing for me, but why should I inconvenience someone just because the developers neglected to include a skip option?

And as far as the second mode that gives more of the games -- I hated them the first time around, why would I want to do more of the fool things???

Just hope I can get my money back on this one (as well as the second one, which I haven't tried yet; I bought it at the same time since they were on sale).

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Dec 20, 10 11:06 AM
I was skeptical of an adventure game set in the same world as the *Dash games. But it actually worked out really well!

The cartoony art style looks really good, and I liked that each street was one long scrolling piece of art. Animations looked nice, and I was really impressed that there was such high quality voice acting for all of the dialogue in the game!

The puzzles were surprisingly fun and creative. I enjoyed the beadwork ones the most. Getting ingredients from the kitchen (where you shift stuff around in the fridge or on shelves) was fun, but there were a couple too many of those puzzles. The aerobics puzzle was an interesting take on the Guitar Hero-style games, but I ended up having to plug in a mouse to finish those. (MacBook Pro with the stupid click-the-entire-touchpad to click paradigm wasn't conducive to that puzzle).

I liked the humour in the game; in the same vein as the *Dash games, but expanded a little more, as befitting the adventure game genre. Lots of light-hearted fun!

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 5:16 PM
It was a bit confusing at first. I kinda got lost allot in the first 30 minutes. Then boom, I finally figured it out and played it without a problem. But, the ending did frustrate me just a tad. I even got a bit mad at it. Yet, I hope that there are more to come.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 1, 11 11:02 AM
My 11 year old DGD played this game last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did have to help her with the aerobics -- doing it with a touchpad on my Netbook was a real challenge. There did need to be a skip button for that one. I also helped with the last flower arrangement. Other than that she did the whole game by herself -- figured it all out. What a cute game! Just challenging enough to stretch the brain cells a little.
m

[Post New]by TopazMystique on May 8, 11 12:23 AM
I absolutely LOVED this game until I got to the aerobics class and found there is no option to skip it. I tried so many times and just gave up. I will not be buying anymore PlayFirst games if this is the attitude they take. I bought the game as a HOG and find I cannot finish because of an unskippable TM episode. Sorry, PlayFirst, but no more for me.

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Aug 22, 11 9:45 AM
This was so fun, I bought it... then finished it in no time...was angry it was so short especially at the regular price. I had fun but my bad. I will know better next time!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 27, 11 10:23 PM
Love all dash series Love Flo! Bright funky and fun!! Its not a time management game like all previous dash series but a HOG
BUY BUY BUY

[Post New]by WailingBanshee on Nov 20, 12 3:34 PM
Avenue Flo is still one of my favorites. The puzzles are challenging without feeling insurmountable, and the characters are really charming. If there's ever an Avenue Flo 3, I'm definitely buying it.

Go to: