Allura
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Hidden Expedition - Devil's Triangle comments and reviews

[Post New]by Allura on Oct 25, 09 7:32 AM
I am debating over purchasing this game or PuppetShow. Can you give me advice on which you think is better?

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Oct 25, 09 8:05 AM
Too short! I love HE games, But this doesn't touch Everest and Amazon for interest, playing time and replaying!

Of course, that means it's way above most other hidden object/puzzle games...

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Oct 25, 09 8:39 AM
This game is just about perfect for me. I love the graphics and the adventure elements of it. The mini-games were challenging and I love trying to figure it out, more like an adventure game. I had used the default profile of "explorer" and went back and created another profile and played about 15 minutes and the two HOG parts had different lists to find. So there is replay value in the HOG part of it. I really loved myself, very reminisant of Myst, a favorite of mine. I would love to see more like this.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Oct 25, 09 9:46 AM
This is the best game yet! The variety of hidden objects (pairs, single items, etc.) was different and fun. (made you really think) I enjoyed the adventure and the games. The story kept me going. I thought it was over after the jet pack but I was sooo wrong (happily so). Graphics and sound were awesome too! Loved the 20's rag time music!

Koalanut - yes, it is Myst -ic in nature. (I love Myst also)

Okay Big Fish. We've all said this before; "How are you going to top this game?"

tridimano
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tridimano on Oct 25, 09 9:55 AM
was a great game, really liked the variation of the find/search game for the red box in windy city. Only one problem though. sort of ended suddenly with a real cliff hanger for the next part. (know there has to be a next part, the the almost teaser at the end and the fact that I am still on the islands

[Post New]by Jennifera26 on Oct 25, 09 11:13 AM
Bought this game after playing the demo figuring there would be more of a hidden object aspect to it like the rest of them. If I had known it was all puzzle and very little hidden object I would not have bought this game. It was annoying to have very little direction in what was wanted from a room, not to mention the fact that the travel diary would say that you had something when you hadn't actually picked it up yet.

Disappointing for a Hidden Expedition game, ending was a bit lame.

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Oct 25, 09 11:52 AM
Just finished playing it and really enjoyed. Lost a couple of times and had to go to the walk thru (thankfully alt/tab works wonders)
Some one posted that it only took them 2 hours to complete but it took me about 6 hours to play. Either they are really fast or I am really slow but took my time to enjoy the scenes and artwork. For me this was definitely a good length.
Waiting for next installment.(Spring 2010)

[Post New]by kerful1 on Oct 25, 09 5:04 PM
This game didn't live up to the Hidden Expedition name. Amazon and Everest were way better. I finished this one in less than 5 hrs. The others were a lot longer with a lot more hidden object scenes. It wasn't worth the large download. I'm very disappointed.

[Post New]by Curioddity on Oct 25, 09 6:53 PM
I too truly loved this game, but one thing has me in a quandary. What the heck was the suit of armor for?

bfavs
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bfavs on Oct 25, 09 9:04 PM
Great game.

One of the best I've played. Lots of thought and work went into this - it plays more like an adventure game. Kept me entertained and suprised (plot twists, creative puzzles, beautiful graphics, interesting hidden object scenarios, humor - I laughed out loud sometimes)

The hints helped me out on several of the puzzles (like telling me I did not have enough information to solve can cut the frustration factor) - I would says its heavy in the puzzle dept like : 1/2 puzzle to 1/2 hidden object. I needed to play around with some puzzles before knowing how to solve ( not like playing chess where the rules are up front) but just moving things around to see what lights up if you do x or y can give you ideas - for me this is not a short game

Thanks guys - I'm not quite finished with the game - but I'm looking forward to the next one.

[Post New]by deesse48 on Oct 25, 09 10:26 PM
maygag wrote:I download the Demo but I can't play it when I arrived on the Isdland they returned on the begining and I can't play the demo, it stuck on the begining
I hope your understand what I mean because I am a french woman and I don't speak english very well.

Thank you

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Oct 26, 09 1:53 AM
Now that I have finished the game I will add a few comments. I still prefer Amazon because it is mainly a HOG whereas this is mainly adventure. Would everyone agree?
I also loved Amazon because it was much, much longer, and it seemed to just keep opening up the further you went...it remains one of my favourite games.
BUT both of these games have outstanding graphics, lovely music, good story and both are compelling and fun.
Amazon managed to capture a sincere jungle 'feel' to it. I was more immersed in Amazon....it didn't need to be too clever - it held my imagination and interest, and the music, drums, graphics etc swept me away from my worries for a while. It was a wonderful escape to a mystical and unpredicatable foreign land.

Still, loads of people will love Devil's Triangle....and I loved it too, but for me, would like a few of the old elements from Amazon added into the 2010 follow-up.
I think the opening scene in Devil's Triangle was my favourite to be honest - the anticipation of launching the sub etc, it felt familiar to Amazon.....but then it kind of drifted away to something different.

[Post New]by gamestud77 on Oct 26, 09 5:55 AM
friend of mind bought it and i told him to use the demo exe to play the game it works just find for him he installs the game then he put the demo exe in to the game folder then replace the exe back with reg and now its in windows mode but you cant change it back to full now lol 1 install the demo to get the demo exe 2 then copy to the desk top the demo exe then uninstll the demo game 3 put that exe in to the full game folder and use the exe to get the window mode then delete it and then us the real one you good to go if same name rename full exe to a 2 at the end for the time been to he get it fix hope that works for like it did for my friend

[Post New]by FROGPOND17 on Oct 26, 09 6:00 AM
When I saw this game, I had to have it. What a disappointment. I love the game, but it is soooo slowwww. Other games work well on my puter, any ideas out there to speed it up?

[Post New]by snaggy on Oct 26, 09 6:05 AM
WHOAAA!! Love this game. Makes you think.

Started playing right after downloading, but eventually it went to a blank screen. Found that if you reboot after downloading, everything works.

Good on ya, HE and BF!! Hope there are more of these to come.

[Post New]by joyeleee on Oct 26, 09 7:23 AM
hi can anyone help me please....i get to the elevator and i turn the dials to the required numbers then nothing happens...this is so frustrating...after paying money for it then this....anyone any ideas what it could be....thanks

Saturnmiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Saturnmiss on Oct 26, 09 8:37 AM
This is definitely not what I thought I was getting. While I do enjoy a good adventure game, I was hoping for an excellent **** game like the other hidden expedition games. The end was the lamest I have seen in forever. I'm guess that is what the follow up is going to be about but please. This game had very little logical follow through and had very little direction for what to do next. If I hadn't kept going back to the journal I would have been completely lost most of the time. I very rarely use the journals in these games, but in this case it was vital.
I would have liked more of a summary of this before I bought it. I got it just on the rep of the old HE games. wont do that again.

Edited on 10/26/2009 at 8:38:19 AM PST

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Oct 26, 09 12:53 PM
Curioddity wrote:I too truly loved this game, but one thing has me in a quandary. What the heck was the suit of armor for?

Ha! The armor protects you while you defuse the bomb. I did not know that until after I defused (with one explosion for a bad attempt). The armor disappeared. I am not so sure how much armor will protect you from a blast like the one they showed, but that's what it is for.

My first love of HOG was Amazon. I prefer it to this one.

But that said, this is way better than average HOG. And good replay value I think.

I had no performance problems but I did get stuck on the red button.

I was not sure after the demo but having loved Amazon, I chanced it and the more I played, the more I liked it.

.5/

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 26, 09 1:36 PM
WOO HOO way to go Big Fish, I just finished the game and I'm telling you, this game is absolutely brilliant!!
I have a big imagination, even as an adult, so I must say that this game took me to a place that exceeded my expectations, of what a game should do for you.
The graphics were AWESOME, so beautiful that it just took me up, up and away, into a place in my imagination, were I long to be...lol!!
And that is not an easy task for a game developer to do, so HUGE props to BF, the effort and time put into making this game, really shows, so a job well done to say the least.
The interaction was well thought out, although I usually never use hints, and NEVER go to a walkthrough, I will admit I had to use the walkthrough 2 times.
So there was a challenge, it didn't take away from the game though, and I am very grateful that they have the walk through, if only for a little peek when needed.
I LOVED the fish, monkey and eagle, just to name a few, right up my alley and so cool to look at, I find it very interesting to see what other people's imaginations are like.
There is one small thing that I am affraid of, although I do like HOG and adventure mixed, there is a fine line of having to much adventure, puzzles and not enough HOG scenes, in a game.
I love interaction just as much as everyone else, it keeps the game exciting, but for this to be a PERFECT game for ME, it could have used more scenes of finding items.
Besides that I still enjoyed the game, and no question about it, well worth every cent paid.
I am just affraid with so many games coming out now, that are moving more to towards puzzles and less on scenes were your actually finding objects, which drew me to HOG's in the first place, that we are going to lose that aspect of the game completely.
I don't want to take away any credit from this game though, just sharing some personal insight, this game took a lot of hard work and deserves a ton of credit!!
Beautiful and brillant, trying to wait for spring of 2010, for the sequel, is NOT going to be an easy task but when you find true love it will be worth the wait!!
Happy gaming everyone :-)

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Oct 26, 09 2:18 PM
Okay I've just finished playing it. I bought the game after only a few minutes of demo time - it seemed to be a really great game, good graphics and a grabbing storyline, and also seemed to be following in line with the other HIdden Expedition games. Now that I'm done with it, I don't think it did hold tru to the HE line of games - seemed a different sort altogether very quickly. The ending was too abrupt, although that does leave a promise of a sequel. Still...of all the HE games, this is my least favorite, and so not sure that I would look forward to a sequel. The game length was great and kept me going a long time. Lots of areas for thinking and puzzling, as well as HOG areas. Although some of the items searched for seemed a bit useless. I guess most HOG games you look for "junk", yet because I was using alot of what I found in this game, it made the other stuff I was looking for in the HOG parts seem very out of place. All in all, a great game and worth the credit.

Go to: