Re:Trapped: The Abduction comments and reviews

[Post New]by lvnmylife25f on Nov 20, 10 9:19 AM
I would like to give BFG a big thumbs up from me on this game! I absolutely loved it! I am not one (though I know there are many out there) that enjoys just a basic point and click to find listed items. I enjoy HOG for their story lines,and this had that in abundance.
I understand that some are bothered by the type of story it is.However,there is no game,book,or movie that will give evil ideas to do evil deeds.They can come up with plenty on their own.That said,let me also say this is NOT a game for children!Too scary! Also,I'd like to say that if you think about it this game also shows a girl's intelligence,strength,cunning,and courage.She finds ways to help herself! I like that! I would loooove to see a sequel to this game,as there are unanswered questions remaining.It was an awesome game,and I enjoyed it immensely!Please,BFG,make another one.Also keep this type of HOG coming.I welcome the chance to play an exciting game,with a great storyline,that is more involved than the average HOG. : )

[Post New]by Angelwing2 on Dec 5, 10 12:30 AM
I love this game soooo much I've played itseveral times. Still hopen for a sequel !!!!
hey you guys hows about a sequel???????

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 11, 10 6:45 AM
lord this is a creepy game. I thought it would be just another adventure/hog game, but the personality of the abductor is pretty strong. I frankly can only play a few minutes and his obnoxious and threatening voice gets to me. So, not for young teenagers you all. He's pretty realistic and plays on a woman's fears.
Don't know what the developers were thinking...obviously no women were involved.

Game wise it plays well. Pretty good graphics, items aren't squinters although the hint button is more than welsome. It is linear so you have no choice what to do and when to do it. Plus you have the erksome creep downplaying every positive step you and your character makes to freedom. Like there's no use and you feel like a mouse in a mental maze.

So, I wish I'd saved my money but others may really find this interesting. The guys will think the abductor is funny, the women, not funny at all. And we'll lock our doors at night now and not walk the dog by ourselves as the sun goes down.
Not great for the holiday spirit.
kris

[Post New]by gunniemarine on Dec 30, 10 8:37 PM
The ending left me flat, I am sure that a part two is in the offing but as a Marine and former law enforcement I wanted to shoot the bum.

[Post New]by Gretchen90 on Feb 7, 11 12:19 PM
I didn't like it. The story is interesting, but the game is bad. The spooky atmosphere is great but most of the items were too hard to find and the ending is poor. Damn, it could have been so much better.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Mar 15, 11 12:06 PM
It makes me so mad when I download a game to try and after it is done loading, it says time expired and I haven't even got to play yet,

[Post New]by CrazyCake on May 19, 11 2:33 PM
I enjoyed playing the game. It took me 2 or 3 hours to finish it. I love playing hidden object games. This one was easier than most. I did like the fact of it was tense at times. I was disappointed at the length though. 32 levels should have taken me longer. I didn't like the ending either. I hope there is going to be a second one that will finish the story. It left me hanging.

[Post New]by hemi1968 on May 27, 11 1:37 PM
Really enjoyed this game, especially because I got it for the special $2.99 Facebook Fan price! Glad I voted for this game to go on sale and despite some early tech glitches the rest of the game played entirely perfectly! I really didn't want it to end and I will say that the end left me wanting more. I was hoping for a big showdown with the kidnapper! Difficulty level was enough to keep me interested but not too mindbending. Good story line, creepy but not overly and overall a good game. Wish there was a sequel cuz I'd be lining up to get it! Thanks BFG for another good choice!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 27, 11 1:50 PM
Trapped: The Abduction was one of my very first casual game purchases. Despite the fact that I haven't played it for nearly a year and a half, I still remember it well, and in a good way

Originally I wasn't going to demo it, as I thought that the subject would be too disturbing. Though it was certainly creepy, it did not feel like "too much" - the main character's strong personality keeps her from coming off as a helpless victim.

I recommend giving this IHOG a try, you may be pleasantly surprised

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 29, 11 3:39 AM
Normally I'm not a big fan of hidden object with no puzzle games, but was surprisingly engaged by this game. There was an urgent feel to the game, and the music was fitting.

However, the voice actor for the kidnapper was terrible. He sounded like a teen kid with a voice modifier trying to be cool. He also repeated the same line almost every time you found everything on the list. That gets old. And the laugh? Dude, we GET it. You're a bad guy. It did however make me less likely to click if I wasn't sure, so I wouldn't get that laugh again. Geez.

Altogether, I played the entire demo time, and would put this on a "might buy" list.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 10:57 AM
Graphics – 2 stars
Story – 2
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2 stars
Overall – 2.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Nov 9, 11 7:54 PM
I liked the creepy abduction theme, because I am rooting for her to get away and the kidnapper to go to jail, I only played the demo, so I will see...The graphics are good, the storyline is good, and the gameplay is fun! I don't typically listen to most games, so I couldn't say how the voices are, I haven't played with them on yet. I will purchase this game.

doziedoats
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by doziedoats on Dec 7, 11 2:25 AM
Oh man, I was so looking forward to what I thought was going to be a real hold onto your seats suspense type game. What could have been a great story, turned out to be a complete travesty. The "creepy guy", was a joke. He just kept saying the same tiresome sentences in every scene. I couldn’t believe it. The good thing about it was that I didn’t have to use the Walkthrough at all. It was a breeze. The ending was also a joke. If they made a sequal I sure wouldn’t be buying it.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 12, 12 5:14 PM
I loved playing this game although it could have been darker and creepier. I hope there is a sequel because, as usual, the ending was rather abrupt and left many questions unanswered.

The HOS are rather grainy and some items are very difficult to find. The Hint Button recharges fairly quickly and so, with some patience, I was able to get through.

I did use the WT several times towards the end of the game as I was getting tired.

This game is basically a series of HOS with escaping from the scene after finding all the objects. There is no interaction between objects in the HOS but there is interaction between objects during the escape. I had to learn that what I needed might be hidden in a box or something and I needed to open the box. The Hint Button helped with this as did the question marks that appeared in areas of interest.

What saves this game is the atmosphere. I love creepy games and this one is right up my alley.

I am disappointed in the ending - unless there are plans for a sequel.

Good going, BF! Kudos to you for offering such a good game.

I give this game three out of five kitties and am a happy fishie right now:

God bless all the men and women who have helped protect freedom on this Veterans' Day.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 19, 13 7:57 AM
Started right off on the bad side of this game....first scene a lighter in the dark HOS...I really hate those "find things in the dark with a flashlight/lighter kind. Also, a tutorial you couldn't get rid of and a click penalty, instructions that were not real clear...I was actually looking forward to this game because I do like the spooky kind and it seemed to get good reviews except for the ending. But what a mess. Sorry no go for me. I need to get caught up in a game from the get go, not feel instand frustration.

Basically I'm shooting in the dark to find a game to play. BF hasn't had a good game come out since before Christmas with the exception of only a few. Almost all CE very few SE....getting really frustrated.

[Post New]by raynestormrn on Feb 10, 13 4:39 AM
not sure if i'm going to buy this one. bit too straight HOG for me (i used to love those until the ahogs came along). Kind of interested to find out the story, who she is, why he took her, etc, but not sure if i want to spend a credit to find out.

allibee4d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by allibee4d on Jun 11, 13 4:17 PM
I was saving up credits for this one, and I'm glad I did. Really enjoyed it, if that doesn't sound too weird (it is a dark, scary tale!). Had to squint - like with many of the HOGs - to find some of the items, but it was what would be in book terms, a real page turner. So clearly going for a sequel, SPOILER ALERT: so annoyed that we learn zilch about anything!

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Apr 29, 14 3:29 PM
One huge HINT.....read the title of the game. For everyone that did not like the content, I have to wonder what everyone expected by reading the title? Anyways, I finished this game in about an hour. Objects were easy to find and the objects that you had to find in order to progress through out the game were also easy enough to find and figure out. Sure it's a bit creepy and would not please, or accommodate everyone, but I liked it. The story line just kept me compelled to hurry up to the next chapter and find out what was going on, or better yet, how to escape. So, the title says it all. If you don't like it, don't play it, but I rather enjoyed it, for a game. Nothing for younger children to play, but then that's where you have so other many options with BFG. Loved it and recommend it, if you are not squeamish about the content.

Go to: