Shanghai - Level Help

Re:Shanghai - Level Help

[Post New]by hammy57 on Jan 17, 17 1:37 AM
Well that's it. After many months of working my way through Gummy Drop, I have uninstalled it. Games, undoubtedly, should be challenging but if there is no apparent hope of completing levels (Shanghai 31) frustration overcomes fun. It's a game and they should be fun.
I appreciate the work that goes in to creating games but bear in mind, you may be doing yourselves a disservice by pushing clients away by being too clever.
Thank you for the challenging fun I've had and sorry to have to say farewell.
H

Edited on 01/17/2017 at 1:39:35 AM PST

[Post New]by mumsonline on Jan 18, 17 8:19 AM
Spent ages trying to get through Shanghai level 44 to raise the resources mart......eventually did it yesterday on my phone using extra moves. Yipeeeee.

I also play on my iPad and it usually asks if you want to go to sync with the server or device - I always sync with the server and I get back to where I was in the game. Unfortunately for some reason it didn’t ask this and I was back to level 44 being incomplete.
I thought going back and playing on my phone would do the trick but it hasn’t ……………..aaaarrrrggghhh!
No way can I get through level 44 again!!

[Post New]by mzzzkat on Feb 26, 17 7:50 AM
Level 84-1, I have read through all of the posts for the helpful hint/trick that will work and they don't. I tried the unblock the red chained blocker with a shovel but guess what it does not explode, its not a bomb blocker anymore apparently. If I could get 2 lightning bolts and swap them that might work but so far no luck w/ that. Now, I would not say I am a Master Gummy player but I am moderately successful in figuring out a strategy and have gratefully found posts that have worked for me in the past. This one is a no go... Shanghai is dreadful, exhausting resources and brain power but maxed frustration. Sigh...

[Post New]by AFantasyAffair on Mar 3, 17 2:29 PM
Any tips for last one for Shanghi level 31? Can't seem to get past it for the last Panda ball to move on. I just may be ready to Uninstaller do find another game

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 2:31:01 PM PST

[Post New]by cookmoe on Apr 13, 17 9:18 PM
PLEASE HELP! ?
I have been stuck on Shanghai 44 level 1!
It's been at least 3 week. I'm getting so frustrated I want to quit
playing this game. I don't want too cause I like it.
I have used up all my resources /bonus or whatever you want to call it.
Please help! ??

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 65

[Post New]by cookmoe on May 5, 17 6:32 PM
Please explain how level 65 works. I have used up all my lives in less then a minute
I'm clueless how this works. I have tried every which way possible and so. It get far st all Sometimea it shuffles a few times and it starts all over. Eating up a life and getting 1 or 2 moves and my life is gone
Please help
Thanks

Edited on 05/05/2017 at 6:33:10 PM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on May 5, 17 8:00 PM
I was able to make a lightening bolt on my third move and matched that with a Gummy to open up the board. If you don't have a good starting position, keep backing out and start again. If the game shuffles a few times and can't make a match, it ends that life.

[Post New]by Freightgoddess on May 31, 17 10:04 AM
Stuck on level 12, any help?

[Post New]by Jenspears on Jun 1, 17 8:19 PM
I think there's a glitch in my Shanghai. I've completed levels 1-10 through Master Builder, which took forever, and I used lots of lives and boosts. I'm still short 600,000 golds. I'm about to quit Gummy Drop completely, because I'm not going to enjoy trying to replay these levels for a month to slowly build up that many golds. Anyone else have this problem?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 7, 17 3:50 PM
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to swim by and offer some advice to the recent requests for level help. Shanghai is an incredibly challenging city, so I completely understand reaching out.

cookmoe: Shanghai, Level 65 has creeping sand covering a large portion of the board. In order to free up spaces on the board for more gummies (and, therefore, the opportunity to make matches), you need to eliminate the creeping sand. The easiest way to do this is by trying to make Line Crushes (by matching four gummies), Bombs (by matching five gummies in a T-shape or an L-shape), or Lightning Bolts (by matching five gummies in any direction). If matches can't be made with the limited gummies on the board, the game will declare a stale mate.

Freightgoddess: Shanghai, Level 12 has Color Blockers, which can be detonated by making matches with the same-colored gummies. In order to beat this level and drop the medallions, all of the Color Blockers on the board must be detonated. I focused on detonating the Color Blockers and making Line Crushes, Bombs, and Lightning Bolts whenever possible. Detonating Color Blockers also contributes to a higher score and helped me get closer to the level's minimum.

Jenspears: I totally understand not wanting to play Gummy Drop! for another month to slowly build up enough resources to build the first Shanghai monument. I would recommend shipping the necessary resources from previous cities forward to Shanghai. This will allow you to utilize resources that might already have been earned.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please PM me or another of the active moderators. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Jenspears on Jun 9, 17 4:44 PM
Hi bfgBeruna - Thanks for responding, but I think I may not have clearly described the problem. Even shipping resources from other cities I've completed is going to take a month. How can it be that I've completed all three levels of 1-10 in Shanghai, but am sill left 600,000+ short of what I need to build the first monument? Is that not a glitch? I'm not even able to stay in Shanghai and still play the game, because I basically can't earn more resources and can't complete any more levels w/o getting boosts - which I can't get because I can't move forward. This is really a problem - There's literally no way to earn enough resources to move forward. That's what I'm trying to say. Please help. Otherwise, I'm probably going to just have to quit Gummy Drop. thx

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level 27-2

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jul 27, 17 4:00 AM
This is for a bulldozer that you 10 of. It took me 14 tries but I won it finally. It's all luck except to back out of boards until you get one that eliminates at least a side bomb. You just have to know that you are going to lose a bunch of games before you win. GOOD LUCK! (you're gonna need it)!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jul 29, 17 4:59 AM
Shanghai 31-33 Master, stupid hard.

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jul 29, 17 5:02 AM
Wow I've complained so many times I turned into a Jellyfish!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Shanghai 111-120

[Post New]by Weatherup on Aug 19, 17 11:26 AM
You have to beat all three of each. 111-114 were fairly easy. 115 Master I've played 10 times and got close once. The tokens are on blockers and have to be moved sideways to descend. My gawd it's so boring trying to match them that way. There isn't a boost available that would help. Bring all the luck you can. You probably get hit by lightning or win the lottery before you win this one. Come on Big Fish at least make it interesting if it's going to beseemingly impossible ?

[Post New]by phuket2013 on Aug 21, 17 1:10 PM

Hello. I need help. I got stuck in gummy drop game at level 31 in shanghai. I do not want to finish it for more than 2 weeks. Without that level the game can not go on. Thanks and soon nicola.

Shanghai - Level19 Help

[Post New]by mam0808 on Aug 23, 17 10:44 PM
Help me, and thanks from Denmark

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 24, 17 8:37 AM
mam0808, for this one, you need to get a good start to the game, make a few line crushes and/or bombs at the top section, particularly line crushes that will clear the sand in the columns when you set them off to clear the line vertically. Once you have cleared it a bit, make good matches to keep making bombs and line crushes and use the lightning bolts at the bottom once they are unchained. You should be able to get this level out easily. GOod luck. And greetings from Australia.

Edited on 08/24/2017 at 8:38:33 AM PST

[Post New]by ashcroftshazza15 on Sep 20, 17 7:19 PM
Have been on Level 31 for weeks. Have tried lots of lightning bolts. Seems impossible ?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 22, 17 2:48 PM
Hello ashcroftshazza15,

I'm sorry to hear that Shanghai, Level 31 has been so troublesome. Usually, the key to beating difficult levels is making Lightning Bolts , but what really helped me was using the momentum of the Color Blockers to do most of my work for me.

Color Blockers detonate once they've been completely filled. To fill a Color Blocker, you must make a certain number of matches using same colored gummies. Since the majority of the Color Blockers were yellow, I focused on making as many yellow gummy matches as I could. I did have to remove a few Bombs by making matches with them, but once the Color Blockers started exploding, they took care of the rest.

After getting rid of the Bombs, I made as many matches with the bricks as possible. More Color Blockers would drop onto the board, so I'd fill those too. I was able to get enough bricks to fulfill that objective and beat the level.

I really hope this advice helps. Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: