Re:Seoul - Level Help

[Post New]by rellen on Jan 17, 18 5:06 PM
OMG how hard is SEOUL 64/1 i have been on it for months

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 19, 18 4:42 PM
Hello rellen,

I'm really sorry Seoul, Level 64-1 has been so challenging. Just in case it wasn't seen, I've supplied a link to the post where I offered some tips about how I won this level.

Due to the parameters of the Gummy Drop! Support Team's tool, they're unable to advance progress for Helping Hands levels. However, they can provide you with useful resources. I'd recommend reaching out to them.

Thank you so much for your patience. Please PM me or another moderator if any new questions arise, and we'll provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

rellen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rellen on Jan 20, 18 4:14 PM
i have passed 64/1 at long last so hard

Seoul - Please help on level 74

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Jan 31, 18 8:57 PM
Okay I am trying to get the 500 coin reward and level 74 third tier is all I need to do so. After playing this level numerous times with no luck. I couldn't get enough green gummies to match and explode the color blockers to release the chained lightning bolts. I checked this thread for help and I read the same issue was reported by many other players and even saw a mod say they would report it to the devs to perhaps tweak the level so it is possible to win without spending a lot of money on boosts. I am sorry to say that has not happened in the almost two years since it was first reported to be too difficult. Still not enough green gummies. May have to abandon this level and miss out on the 500 coins. I refuse to frustrate myself on an impossible level because it is just not worth it. This city is really difficult on so many levels I just can not wait to be done with it. The suggestions to beat this particular level are useless if you can't get enough green gummies to even attempt to fill the color blocker so can't clear the stickies in the middle. There are not enough moves to get the point score otherwise so it seems futile to continue. I am almost at the point of giving up unless someone has some help besides what has already been mentioned. Thanks if you can help at all.

Best regards
Glitter

Update!!!!

Right after posting this I actually beat the level. Got a dozen or more green and a lot of red gummies on opening the level. Was able to fill both blockers and release the lightning bolts and hit them together to eliminate the stickies in the middle. Then I made a few more strategic moves and all at once the gummy gods blessed me and the board started matching and cascading and matching and I finished the level with 9 moves left. Maybe there is really something to the idea that a complaint or rant in the forum helps you. I don't see how that happens but it happens as this is probably at least the third time since playing the game that it happened for me. I have my 500 coins and I am moving on!!!!! Yahoo

Best regards
Glitter

Edited on 01/31/2018 at 9:16:11 PM PST

[Post New]by Namurphy461 on Feb 16, 18 6:57 AM
Does anyone have any recommendation for level 120? What am I missing here? Can’t detonate the green bomb blasts, can unchain any of the gummies with arrows for line crushes or unchain the lightening bolts!!! HELP!!!!!

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Mar 7, 18 12:50 PM
Is there any skill involved in playing lv 7. I fail to see how it could be possible to plan ahead on such a board as given. It's strictly take a move and hope a lightning bomb occurs, as I see no other way to win without forming at least three of them. I finished the intern level by getting at least three of them, all by luck and still required 5 extra moves and2 shovels. Some levels are quite challenging to solve, but at least you can plan some strategy. Correct me if I'm wrong but I see no strategy at all in lv 7, just all luck. Not fun..

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 7, 18 2:06 PM
Hello Pugmaster27,

The unbreakable walls in Seoul, Level 7 definitely make this a tricky level. To beat it, I focused on forming lightning bolts . Even with the unbreakable walls, I was able to form several by matching five gummies in a line. The lightning bolts helped me to clear difficulty-placed gummies from the board and really increased my score. Without lightning bolts , this level can be seriously challenging.

I hope my suggestions help. If this level is still proving difficult and you play the mobile version of Gummy Drop! then please email the Gummy Drop! Support Team. They can advance your progress through this level.

Thanks for your patience. You're always welcome to PM me or another moderator if the need arises. We're glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Mar 8, 18 1:57 PM
Quick reply bfgBeruna. As my post indicated lightning bolts need to be created to beat the level which is how I beat it. But my post was to point out that the bolts are not created by skill, but pure luck. I see no skill in playing such a layout since all your doing is playing board after board until Lady Luck rears her head. Not a whole lot of fun there. Thanks for your reply, and would be nice if game makers would concentrate on making skill games versus luck games.

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Mar 8, 18 1:58 PM
Quick reply bfgBeruna. As my post indicated lightning bolts need to be created to beat the level which is how I beat it. But my post was to point out that the bolts are not created by skill, but pure luck. I see no skill in playing such a layout since all your doing is playing board after board until Lady Luck rears her head. Not a whole lot of fun there. Thanks for your reply, and would be nice if game makers would concentrate on making skill games versus luck games.

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Mar 8, 18 1:58 PM

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 9, 18 1:56 PM
Hello again Pugmaster27,

I can agree that it may appear that luck is the only determinant of a level's success or not in Gummy Drop!. That said, players can utilize skill to lower the effect of randomness by analyzing the board for the most advantageous move despite what was randomly provided after your last move. This may help with creating success from what seems to be very luck-heavy levels.

I can absolutely understand where you are coming from though and want to thank you for your feedback concerning this specific level in Seoul. I have made sure to make a note of the feedback for this specific level, so that the teams behind the game know what was experienced. It's important for us to make sure the game is as fun as it can be, and also that players don't feel that randomness alone determines a success or not. They will have this available for when they discuss future changes to the game.

Thank you as well for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Mar 18, 18 11:52 AM
Just curious, how tough is Seoul considered to be? Ever since New Orleans the cities have seem to be so much more difficult with Seoul the hardest of all. Does anyone agree with this observation?

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 18, 18 12:44 PM
Pugmaster 27
I have read many posts complaining about the difficulty in Seoul, some people have found relief with the reduced resource amounts now, but as far as I can tell the level difficulty in any of the cities has not changed. There is a group of cities that some people call The Valley of Death but I had already played through those cities before I found out about that reference and I don't remember which cities fall into that category. So yes I would say that people agree with your observation.

[Post New]by Pugmaster27 on Mar 18, 18 1:45 PM
Thank again Lambina for your quick reply.

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Mar 19, 18 3:00 PM
Oh yes, I do indeed agree with you pugmaster27. I have had trouble with Seoul from the beginning of this city and am currently stuck at level 48. I'm sorry that I don't have anything to offer you other than sympathy! This is a tough city. I usually try to do tier 1 without using boosts, but I have come to accept that, for me, Seoul frequently needs a boost or two, even at tier 1. So I have decided that that's what I need to get through this city as quickly as possible and on to less frustrating, more pleasant cities.That's just my approach, and others may well have a different approach. Good luck!

Monklady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help -- 66!

[Post New]by Monklady on Apr 7, 18 6:18 AM

Can someone PLEASE tell me what to do with level 66?? I have seen the advice to get a lightning bolt to match with the paper below but I can never get one! I have had a lightning bolt to match with a paper that already has one layer taken off but that doesn't help because then when I match it with that paper it doesn't take away all the other papers, it leaves one level. I do NOT understand how you can even get a bolt next to a three-layer paper because in order to get the bolt down to the papers in the first place you'd have to make a match that would take off the first layer of paper. Does that make sense?

Someone please help, because I'm about ready to just give up this game. I play games to relax and have fun, not to be frustrated and have no fun. I mean, with a level like this I can't even play for more than a few minutes at a time since I use up my lives so quickly. What's the point?

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Apr 7, 18 4:35 PM
To Monklady

To get a bolt next to a 3 layer piece of paper you can use a wind boost to move the three layered paper up to be beside the bolt.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 7, 18 6:32 PM
Hello Monklady,

Seoul, Level 66 is definitely challenging. It takes time and effort to create a lightning bolt and then to get the lightning bolt matched with a piece of paper. I found it was easier to form two lightning bolts and to match them with each other.

I know that forming lightning bolts can be tricky. While playing Seoul, Level 66, I had an easier time matching five vertical gummies than five horizontal ones. I also exited the board before making a move (which would allow me to restart the level without losing a life) if I didn't see several spots where I could make matches. This is a level that depends on having a good starting board.

Hopefully these suggestions will help. Please have an excellent weekend.

bfgBeruna

Monklady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help 89

[Post New]by Monklady on Apr 17, 18 7:34 AM

I scrolled through this thread quickly and I didn't see anyone mention level 89. But I am totally stuck, for days. I don't see how to clear the blocked squares in the upper left and lower right. There aren't three squares in a row that touch the blocked squares so there's no hope of clearing them out. Plus with the level being timed there's no chance even to plan out any strategy (if I knew what that strategy was). This one seems totally impossible because there aren't three squares nearby to knock out the layers of the blocked square.

I thought maybe one of the exploding bomb things that form when you make a two-way match. But even that wouldn't work on the upper left blocked square because as soon as you make the match the bomb thing (not sure what they're called) drops down and then it's too far away to explode the blocked square.

Please help!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 17, 18 7:49 AM
If you have been stuck on this, or any other timed level for a length of time, don't waste a single boost on it of any other sort, but buy the ETERNAL FREEZE ones, they are expensive, but given that you can spend a fortune on boosts just trying to get through a level that is so difficult and still not complete it, then just fork out the coins for the one boost and use that. An Eternal Freeze stops the clock totally. No matter how long you then take to do it, no matter how many moves it takes, it freezes the time till you have it completed. Level done, over with, move on. Its worth it if you absolutely have no other option. And that level was a very difficult timed one. Sometimes, you just have to use a boost. But if you can get through 50 other timed ones without a boost, then using a boost on one, is not too bad.

Forgot to add, if you buy the eternal freezes, you get better value if you can afford the coins to buy multiples of them rather than one. Use the boost bar, purchase them with your coins, they will appear on timed levels in the boosts in the side bar. If you choose to use one of them, all you have to do is touch the eternal boost on the right, then keep playing the level, it will then apply the freeze to that level and you keep playing till you get it out, and there is NO need to use any other boost whatsoever for that level.

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 7:51:54 AM PST

Go to: