Re:Gardenscapes comments and reviews

[Post New]by were_witch on May 21, 11 10:57 AM
I like building my gardens. I really enjoy this game.

ramona3828
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ramona3828 on Jun 7, 11 7:29 AM
this game is my all time fav. It is gorgeously done, moderately challenging, helpful in a nice way and totally full of surprises!! the music is soothing and I use the screensaver, it is great! If all the games wer e as well done as this there would be no complaints!!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 10:14 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 4 stars
Story – 3.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 4 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 3.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 21, 11 6:54 PM
mdnghtfire wrote:Your question is my question.....where are the additional items to continue with the garden renovation? Austin keeps talking about them and then re-directs you to the sale. As much as I love finding the objects (and I hate to say this) it is getting a bit
repetitive. Do you have to reach a certain $ amount before these "new" garden
accessories become available?

I believe the reason Austin keeps talking about having sales is that if you decide to go into Design mode. after finishing the game, it will require money to change things in the garden (the only thing free in Design mode is changing the dog's name). I changed a number of things after finishing the garden, and I had to play a few levels of the sales to get the money I needed.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 21, 11 7:00 PM
I love, love, love this game! I fell in love with it while playing the trial version and wasted no time buying the game! I love the concept of the "jumble sales" to make money for the garden, and rebuilding the garden is fun! The dog is cute and I changed his name three times before deciding to keep the name. I have already started a second game so I can build a different garden.

I do wish there were other choices for the garden figurines. I didn't care for the choices (don't like gnomes, and c'mon, flamingos? For $5000 no less!). I wish they would upgrade the game and add more choices on all the garden items. I also wish there was an option so you didn't have to put a mini-golf course in. And I was surprised there was no changing the grass around the garden; it looked a bit unkempt to me.

I turned off the music because it didn't suit me, but the environment sounds are wonderful. And the interactiveness of the garden is a nice touch.

And the ability to use your garden as a screensaver is terrific!

I highly recommend this game. If you enjoyed playing the trial version, you will love the full game, especially when you finish your garden!

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Jan 31, 12 5:51 PM
I liked this one very much, & I don't usually like straight hidden object games. The game is a welcome change from all of the dark eerie games, it is bright, colourful & cheery, & a joy to play. You find items to earn money to repair your garden, & the butler is quite quirky & a lot of fun, especially when you click on him. It is a great game for beginners & those that want light, cheerful non taxing entertainment.

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on May 15, 12 8:46 PM
I liked the game until it had the first person asking for a hookah. Then this continued through the game. The child with a bow in her hair asked for this offensive object. I found this out of bounds for what clearly is a kid-adult game. I did not catch this before I bought it and now I am stuck with it. With all the other junk in the house to sell, I really thought this was over the top. And I am disappointed and really offended that you BIG FISH did not catch this. It should be noted that this is not suitable for kids. Sorry but I give this one a -1 for poor taste on the part of developers. It could have been a great game.

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Jun 25, 12 7:01 AM
fantastic

[Post New]by lenoxbowler1 on Jul 4, 12 3:26 PM
What a excellent game. I played in the relaxed mode. But this game is very
addictive. Love the dog. Nice story. Just overall fun game and a big change
from the others.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Jul 8, 12 9:32 PM
I would say that this is a fun game if it was.

[Post New]by kostar on Jul 10, 12 8:11 AM
First, I will admit that I enjoyed this game and found it somewhat addicting. I have played it until I completely decorated the garden and "won" the garden club contest. the graphics are very good, the story line is cute and there are a lot of cute additions like the dog and Austin's interactions/phone calls, etc...

Having said that, I will also admit that there were disappointments. As good as the game was, I don't think it would have taken much to have made it better. Here are a couple of suggestions from someone who admittedly is not a game-designer:

1. Once an item has been found and sold, take it out of the game instead of continuing to have players find the same objects over and over, and in different rooms. There have to be lots and lots of objects that can be used, so that there doesn't need to be so much repeating.

2. After the player has been to all the rooms, offer some sort of challenge where they have to figure out which room things are in in order to collect them. For example, ask players to go through different rooms looking for chess pieces in one game-phase. Or someone calls and asks Austin for X, and the player has a certain time limit to figure out which room it's in and get it. Perhaps this could be an optional challenge for those who want to be rewarded for remembering what's in each room.

I think it will be awhile before I am tempted to replay this, but I did enjoy it once.

Kostar

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jul 15, 12 3:29 PM

.........**Review Based Upon Completion of Entire Game**
............................(As all reviews should be.)

I enjoyed this game, as it was a nice departure from the usual HOG/Adventure games that are, unfortunately, usually more HOG than Adventure.

Lovely graphics, but then, nowadays, they all pretty much are.

This game also satisfied the decorator in me, although I would have liked more choices.

The only bad things I have to say about the game is that the endless loading between games and gardens - only a few seconds, admittedly - but that got old.

Also, when I thought I'd finished the game and had finally purchased all the items I needed, especially since each item was now costing $7k, I found there was a whole other grouping of four items I would need, each in excess of $7k - more around the $8k range. And, since in each game I was earning only a little more than $1k, well, that's a whole lot of games.

Of course, better to complain about a game being too long than too short, right?

This game was theoretically free for me, as I was able to burn one of the many free games I have, but even if I'd paid $6.99 for it, I would be pleased that I spent money on a good game.

I hope this helps anyone considering whether to purchase.

Love all my fellow fishies!

Edited on 07/15/2012 at 3:29:54 PM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 3, 12 2:34 PM
I won the contest. Woohoo!! This was a really nice, relaxing game and as other reviewers mentioned, a nice change from horror (which I like also). I am in agreement with the reviews that said there were not enough choices to make in decorating the garden. And once you have won the contest, what else would you do with all the money you're still collecting cuz Austin keeps making you have more sales!! I don't want to redecorate the garden - there aren't any more choices I would make.Anyway, I did enjoy the game up to winning the contest and loved my dog, "Freddy" (that's what I named him). I didn't appreciate the attitude of the garden club lady. What a snob!! All in all, a very nice game for all ages.

feenix

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Sep 8, 12 9:39 PM
After playing Gardenscapes Mansion Makeover recently I had to go back and play this one again. A very cute and fun game, good for any age level. It's just fun, though I do wish they had more rooms to explore, I'd definitely give it 5 Stars.

nevarin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nevarin on Sep 9, 12 1:33 AM
To my mind, the game is perfect in every sense. I mean unlike many other good games, this one will suit different tastes. I guess this is the secret why so many people love it.
I also could not stay indifferent. Loved it for:
its cheerful music
its quirky butler
its choice of timed and relaxed modes
its not difficult, but very funny HOS

Rate the game 5 of 5!

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 30, 12 12:28 AM
First of all I have to say that I DID enjoy this game, but I'm about to pick at it a bit. I loved, loved, loved the graphics, Playrix games always impeccable. What bothered me was playing the same rooms over and over again. It takes such a long time to build up the money to purchase upgrades that towards the end it felt like a chore.

The upgrades themselves made the game in my opinion. There was a lot to choose from and I enjoyed creating my own slice of paradise.

It's hard to say whether I recommend it. To me it seemed repetitive but on the other hand the restoration process was great.

If you enjoy the trial, you'll enjoy the game. The game stays consistent all the way through. If you enjoy restoring things, then I would suggest Farmscapes (match 3, same creator, same process except you upgrade a farm). Farmscapes was the best in my opinion (the other two being Gardenscapes & Gardenscapes 2, Mansion Makeover).

Ali

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Feb 18, 13 12:23 PM
My husband recently became interested in"those games you pay on the computer", so I decided to introduce him to "my" world. I started him on Soaring City, which was way over his head for now. Too much adventure! Then we tried Murder She Wrote, which was better.

But this game is perfect! He loves it! I think he's addicted now, and this sweet, fun game did it. It's perfect for all ages and abilities, even those people who have never played any form of casual game before. And even those who have been playing for years, like me. And it is addictive! I'm playing it again and now I remember how much fun it was when it first came out. Glad to know there are so many of you out there that agree.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jun 2, 13 1:02 AM
Well I just finished a different game, but basically was the same as this one, except it had a "magical" touch to it.....anyways, I love these games. Not only do you have the option of going back and changing things around, you can also set it as your screensaver, which is pretty neat. I did not care for the music, it just sounded like something from the 70's, idk, just not my style, so muting works real well. The only other complaint I really have is that it did not fit my w/s. Normally about 98% of the games do fit, so not sure why that happened. Other than that it was very relaxing and enjoyable to play. With that said, I'm going get the other two.

[Post New]by Filly63 on Jan 18, 14 8:48 PM
Great game, keeps you entertained ! I am wondering what Austin means by once you garden is done, you can have a sale and get more décor accessories ? I can't figure that out ,,any help ? Really fun game , I bought it 2 years ago and just returned all my game play was saved and I started right back in. Buy it !!
Filly63

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Feb 20, 14 1:54 PM
I bought this game because of the good reviews. What a mistake! It's the most boring game ever! Floppy disks? Seriously. And does it ever end? What's with Austin's never to be seen list? I've tried, but it just gives me a giant headache. They could at least have some different items and customers. BORING!!

Go to: