ovgal
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re:Chapter 6 help and discussion

[Post New]by ovgal on May 16, 10 8:01 AM
OK, I'm not supposed to have the bunny but I can't get the generator started. Am I missing something here?

[Post New]by emily109 on May 16, 10 11:58 AM
Val72034 wrote:It says to use the wrench on the lawnmower to remove the sparkplug. I can't find the wrench on the lawnmower. Help
just look in the corner it might be there

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 16, 10 1:19 PM
amanda16a wrote:
b00kworm wrote:@FrankMorgan: The combination for the lock is the last four digits of Allison's cell phone number. You'll find the cell phone in the farmhouse (the hole between the boards in the second room). Charge it with the charger from the lobby and solve the puzzle there to gain access to the phone, it will display the number and you can open the lock.

what did u use to light up phone and where do i find it/
i know where phone is but cant get light

The lantern is in the hunting lodge.

mrshogget
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mrshogget on Jun 29, 10 7:21 PM
I messed up the generator sequence - accidently clicked one time too many! Is there a way I can "reset"it so that I can try again? The spark plug is already installed.

Thanks.

[Post New]by Annapier on Jul 6, 10 10:47 PM
BarbaraFish wrote:For all of you who can't get the bunny head, hit the statue by the generator 10 times.

Okay, I keep hitting the bunny statue and nothing happens. I've smacked it at the base, the top, the side...any ideas?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 7, 10 5:57 AM
Annapier wrote:
BarbaraFish wrote:For all of you who can't get the bunny head, hit the statue by the generator 10 times.

Okay, I keep hitting the bunny statue and nothing happens. I've smacked it at the base, the top, the side...any ideas?

Which version of the game are you playing? Hitting the bunny head is for the CE not the regular version.

Liseg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Liseg on Jul 11, 10 12:17 AM
Bunny head: I've hit it a hundred times with the regular hammer...have tried the head area, further down it's body, even attemped bashing the urn it stands on!!! What gives?? Is there some kind of secret to the placement of the hammer? or sequence to when one can succeed at this task? The walk through suggests I do it right before I start the generator...too late as I have it started up already...any suggestions???

VERY FRUSTRATED LISE!! ~ ~

Liseg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Liseg on Jul 11, 10 6:58 AM
Liseg wrote:Bunny head: I've hit it a hundred times with the regular hammer...have tried the head area, further down it's body, even attemped bashing the urn it stands on!!! What gives?? Is there some kind of secret to the placement of the hammer? or sequence to when one can succeed at this task? The walk through suggests I do it right before I start the generator...too late as I have it started up already...any suggestions???

I am playing the CE version...and consulted the walkthrough. I have the gold fish, how else can I get the silver one to unlock the trap door?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 11, 10 4:57 PM
Liseg wrote:
Liseg wrote:Bunny head: I've hit it a hundred times with the regular hammer...have tried the head area, further down it's body, even attemped bashing the urn it stands on!!! What gives?? Is there some kind of secret to the placement of the hammer? or sequence to when one can succeed at this task? The walk through suggests I do it right before I start the generator...too late as I have it started up already...any suggestions???

I am playing the CE version...and consulted the walkthrough. I have the gold fish, how else can I get the silver one to unlock the trap door?

You get one Felix after you put the bunny head in the oven and complete the HOG. You get the other one after you feed the wolf the chips you find in the hunting lodge and complete that HOG.

ElisaRol
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Chapter 6 help and discussion - generator

[Post New]by ElisaRol on Oct 6, 10 3:19 PM
VenusHun wrote:
klinkie wrote:I have done everything to start the generator, but it doesn't make any noise. Is it supposed to? When I go try to hook up the cell phone, it doesn't let me, so then I go re do the generator.
Very frustrating. What am I doing/not doing?
thanks!

[/b]SPOILER

ok to start the generator you have to do it in this order

1. attach the spark plug to the wire
2. click the green switch on the left side of generator
3. just under green click silver switch to the up position
4. push the red button 4 times on right side of generator
5. pull the handle at the top down twice
6. pull the other handle to the side 3 times.

you will know it started when it kicks you out of the scene and you are looking at the generator with steam coming out of it.

to get the phone charger to go you have to click on the outlet to get a closer view, then take the charger and click it on the outlet.

if you need a closer look at the generator instructions, look in your journal, it will have the directions in there from when you found them.

good luck

I have tried this several times and the generator hasn't started for me. I'm stuck.

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 3:20:37 PM PST

[Post New]by blundering_fool on Oct 13, 10 6:18 AM

I've used my hammer to hit the bunny & I continue to get these remarks "you can't use that here" and so forth. It's not working!
I also started the generator before I tried to hit the bunny, help!

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 6:22:06 AM PST

[Post New]by blundering_fool on Oct 13, 10 7:46 AM
Awesome, got it! Thanks, you all rock!

sylvia99 wrote:
graceggg wrote:Help!!! I've hit that bunny head 10 time on the side of it's head, on the left of it's body and on the left of the base of the bunny statue. It still won't come off...I want to take a real hammer to it. What's the secret? Specifically where do I hit the _____ bunny?

I had the same problem. It only works if the hammer-head is directly on the head, not over them, not beside. Do as you want to cover the head with the hammer.

ogalirish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ogalirish on Nov 18, 10 4:20 PM
LizzieK wrote:
essieb22 wrote:Help! I'm stuck on the bunny head and I've tried several times to hit the bunny head, but it says I can't do it "yet"! I've gone over the strategy guide and can't see anything that I've missed up to this point - any ideas?
Thanks!
You have to use the regular hammer to hit the bunny and you have to hit it 10 times. You can come back to it any time during the game as you don't need the bunny head early in the game. Good luck!

What "regular" hammer?

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Nov 20, 10 11:56 AM
LizzieK...the 'regular hammer' is in the room off to the left of the hotel lobby. When you enter that room, you should see a sparkly area which when you click on, will take you to the HOG part of the game. The hammer is located on the lower right side, by the floor next to the grandfather clock.

[Post New]by bkmeee on Nov 21, 10 7:10 PM
I can't find the hammer for the bunny head or the last coin. I've been back through every scene several times and nothing is active anymore. I think I remember having a hammer at one time but it's not in my inventory any longer. The only thing in my inventory is a pair of snowshoes. What are they good for?

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 7:23:33 PM PST

[Post New]by virtualcandy on Nov 22, 10 9:03 AM
sylvia99 wrote:My problem is, that the game do not let me hit the bunny-head with the hammer. I tried it up and down and everywhere on this bunny but it doesn´t work and the comments are not friendly :-). Without that I cannot go further.

Getting the bunny head was the single most frustrating part of this game. It unnerves me to no end when peeps post a problem, then come back and report that they got it, but leave no advice for others. I too made many attempts at using the hammer all up and down the left side of the bunny statue and all over the top of its head, with hundreds of hits, to no avail. Here is what I finally found. When you hit the bunny on the with just the head of the hammer, you get a disparaging remark and the hammer goes back into your inventory. What I finally did was to click and drag the hammer to the bunny, placing the ENTIRE hammer over the ENTIRE bunny. When I found the right spot, the hammer stayed in place and did not return to inventory. I then clicked on the hammer 10 times and the head flew off into the snow toward the right. I hope this helps those of you still struggling with this task. By the way, I do have the CE version of the game, but it's quite possible that this will work with the regular version as well. Good luck!

Edited on 11/22/2010 at 9:14:20 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 22, 10 10:37 AM
By the way, I do have the CE version of the game, but it's quite possible that this will work with the regular version as well. Good luck!
There's no bunny head in the SE as it's part of the extras.

vial of mercury in stone

[Post New]by Kingomatic on Dec 1, 10 6:08 PM
Placing the vial of mercury in stone. The letters of the alphabet can not be placed in any word for mercury. Now I sit all night and nothing .... grrr. Please help.

[Post New]by crissy_777 on Dec 2, 10 7:39 AM

montanalin
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by montanalin on Dec 11, 10 11:52 AM
Hello, I'm stuck on the generator, I can't get it started...help

Go to: