valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by valjoy on Jan 30, 16 7:58 PM
Sigh. So pleased to see an update promised ...but when I checked my app it said that I already had the latest update. So I tried the game, but still no key! I uninstalled the game and reinstalled hoping to have the latest version automatically downloaded...and still no key. Sad...and very frustrated.

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by stasibug on Jan 31, 16 11:52 AM
Same here valjoy. Not happy.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 1, 16 4:36 PM
I had the same problem with the 'disappearing key' glitch. Although my GM stated I had the latest game version (which I knew I didn't), I uninstalled & then downloaded/reinstalled the game as I enjoyed it very much until the glitch.

The game worked perfectly until the point of inserting the key. It disappeared just like before!

I will be contacting CS about this & urge everyone else who is still having problems to also contact CS

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 1, 16 6:32 PM
Because none of us seem to have gotten the "new update" message on our GM - well, Kam and I didn't - is it possible that BF forgot to add the new version?

The reason I am asking is because I checked the .exe file versions of the game we got first and the one that is supposed to be the updated version, and both versions are 3.3.0.2.

So it looks like the new version is still the old version.

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 6:34:39 PM PST

[Post New]by lilizellie on Feb 1, 16 7:57 PM
The update for this game won't show up in my queue in game manager so I can't finish the bonus level. Very frustrating!

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 2, 16 12:54 AM
I think Valdy is correct in her surmise i.e. there has been a mix up somewhere in BF. Perhaps one of the mods can check for us?

Has anyone received a notification for an update on their GM?

Kam

[Post New]by BrandiWine1686 on Feb 2, 16 7:40 AM
Kamana_29 wrote:I think Valdy is correct in her surmise i.e. there has been a mix up somewhere in BF. Perhaps one of the mods can check for us?

Kam

I POSTED EARLIER ABOUT THIS BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION OR HELP -I AM GETTING THE UPDATE FOR THE GAME AND I CLICK IT TO INSTALL THE UPDATE THEN WITHIN MINUTES IT ASKS ME TO UPDATE AGAIN THE SAME UPDATE?! HOW DO I KNOW IF THE GAME HAS BEEN UPDATED ALREADY OR IF THERE IS SOME PROBLEM CAUSING THE GAME TO CONTINUOUSLY NOT COMPLETE THE UPDATE CAUSING THE CONTINUAL NOTICE?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 2, 16 11:11 AM
BrandiWine1686 wrote:
Kamana_29 wrote:I think Valdy is correct in her surmise i.e. there has been a mix up somewhere in BF. Perhaps one of the mods can check for us?

Kam

I POSTED EARLIER ABOUT THIS BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION OR HELP -I AM GETTING THE UPDATE FOR THE GAME AND I CLICK IT TO INSTALL THE UPDATE THEN WITHIN MINUTES IT ASKS ME TO UPDATE AGAIN THE SAME UPDATE?! HOW DO I KNOW IF THE GAME HAS BEEN UPDATED ALREADY OR IF THERE IS SOME PROBLEM CAUSING THE GAME TO CONTINUOUSLY NOT COMPLETE THE UPDATE CAUSING THE CONTINUAL NOTICE?

Have you contacted CS? If not, I would contact them as your problem sounds like the GM is playing up.

Kam

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Feb 2, 16 11:49 PM
I have just replayed the game under a new profile, and the key glitch in the bonus game is still there.
The game simply does not finish properly. The only way out is to click on the Menu.

However, I was still able (as I was the first time) to access Extras, and do the Treasure Hunt for the Collectibles, and check on the Storm Clouds and look at /do everything else on offer in the Extras.

So, it is just the one glitch, it seems (for me, anyway).

Using Windows 8.1, not 10 (different hard drive - haven't updated this one yet ), and 64 Bit.

Jen

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Feb 4, 16 1:50 PM
I know this has been mentioned in this thread before; it also has two other separate threads, but I've yet to see an update for the game to fix it.

In the bonus the key gets lost just when you get everything ready to open the airplane. The only "fix" I've seen is to replay the game and I'm just not going to do that. The game is OK, but not worth doing twice. If you could start over just the bonus, that would be acceptable, but you can't.

I truly expect better from MadHead. They must have bought this from someone else.

I'm not happy about this.

At all.

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 1:54:23 PM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 5, 16 6:51 AM
I have another issue, for most of the game the heroine has no voice, the other characters have, is this normal??
Reading all the problems with the key I'm almost afraid to play on, nothing worse than not to be able to finish a game properly
( well, there are worse things of course..)

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 6, 16 5:47 AM
And yes, same problem, no key for the plane!!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Feb 6, 16 10:53 AM
The new download worked for me only after I had
1) downloaded the update
2) uninstalled the whole game
3) then reinstalled from purchase history.
After that I got the ending and could finish the extras. That process might be a help to some others. I am playing on a Mac with el Capitan.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Feb 6, 16 12:38 PM
I just installed this game a couple of days ago, and have hit the same "key glitch" as so many others have reported. No game updates are available, so whatever's causing the issue isn't patched/fixed.
I'm on Windows 7, all drivers up to date, etc etc etc. This is clearly a fairly universal glitch.

Editing to add: And I've just un-installed, re-downloaded, and re-installed the game. The glitch is still there.

Edited on 02/06/2016 at 1:02:39 PM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 7, 16 12:59 AM
I uninstalled and re installed before I started playing, after the update from January 29.,, but still no solution

[Post New]by Sck11cak on Feb 7, 16 1:13 AM
bonggamer wrote:HELP! The key in the bonus where I have to save my daughter has disappeared with the villain and I cant close the game. The game wont play full screen so I had to play in non - full screen mode! The entire game played fine and then this!!!! BFG seriously you need to take your QC to another level - preferably a higher one!

[Post New]by Sck11cak on Feb 7, 16 1:15 AM
cheekyoops wrote:Problems here too, putting out the fire. I only got the one on the left .

LdyJne114
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LdyJne114 on Feb 7, 16 9:59 AM
No visuals whatsoever. I can hear sounds but straight from the start, nothing but a black screen.

LdyJne114
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LdyJne114 on Feb 7, 16 10:01 AM
lexus1girl wrote:I've downloaded this game twice on windows10. When I load the game I only get a black screen?

Same here.

vanda150
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by vanda150 on Feb 7, 16 12:22 PM
Key disappears right at the end of the bonus chapter. Can't complete the game!!!! very frustrating.

Go to: