Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jan 22, 16 9:12 AM
Fudge, you summed it up pretty nicely!!!! I am feeling the same way...perhaps that was the intention of the devs to force us players who forged the way for newer players to decide to throw in the towel????

I wont be quitting, but my heart just isnt in it right now as I feel long time players just keep getting dumped on to deplete our hours upon hours of built up inventory so we could try and do these added features...ie...Daily Quests and Trina....which the direction of the game with the changes to HOS drops seems to make it impossible to keep inventory....so whats the point in even trying!! The last thing that most leveled out players need is 15 lousy coins!!! We need Murderers Eyes, Polestars, Banners of Loyalties, Torches, and yes the now ever elusive simple key one of the very first items available which is now like trying to hunt for a needle in a haystack to get one!!!

I feel like you Fudge...I will play from time to time...check out new updates and special events...hope and pray that the devs come to their senses with this new update...perhaps they could have a switch in game to give players the option to receive additional coins and shards via HOS searches or just Inventory Items...that seems it would make everyone happy!!! Just a thought devs....think of something quick please to not dump on your long time loyal players!!!!

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 22, 16 9:20 AM
Agree with you Bedazzles

I am having to drop the majority of my games to be able to concentrate on my main one because of the change in inventory drops; it seems to me that with every update, although some lovely things are added, more is taken away from us!

What can I place on my wish list that my friends will be able and willing to gift? The same goes for them, we are all in a quandary over this.

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Jan 22, 16 10:20 AM
I see no purpose to this "update" other than to line the pockets of BF & Elephant games. I realize they're profit motivated, but there are other ways to garner more income, I.e., charge $.99 or make us pay 100 diamonds to level up. Charge a monthly subscription fee of a few dollars. I had the update forced on me (iOS), and don't like it at all in it's present form. If they made it so there was an equal chance to receive a HOS item as 15 lousy coins, I accept that (ex: 4 possible items plus coins = 1 in 5 chance to receive any of them). As is now, I'm getting coins 80% of the time.

Insofar as gifting, that's going to seriously decline. I was always happy to help out someone with items I had plenty of (you know how certain levels want you to open objects that all use the same few items). Now I gonna have to seriously think about what I send since I won't have much chance to rebuild inventory and I'm going to need the items at some point (assuming I continue playing). I've been with BF for around 10 years and have a ton of games I haven't even played yet. Might just start working on them instead of wasting a few hours a day here.

Developers - don't kill the golden egg laying goose for short term gain. Listen to those who help pay for your hot tubs and beer. Sure as heck, you'll drive away a lot of people.

For those who like the changes, what looney bin did you escape from?!? Sorry, got carried away there. Seriously, if you like this update, more power to you. Enjoy. It's gonna get lonely in the castle but I wish you all the best.

Wasting Time

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Jan 22, 16 10:35 AM
kingratso wrote:charge $.99 or make us pay 100 diamonds to level up

How the heck would that be not forcing people to spend money but somehow it's forcing people to spend money (on diamonds is actually the argument against this update) is?

Your suggestion is what would make me quit and I'm buying diamonds next week when my pension comes in just to support the game (unless they cave to the pressure, in which case, I won't bother). However, I won't be using them on zz's as I don't need to. I'll be holding them for tournaments and using them to accomplish the 10 part daily quests for that achievement. I stress that I don't even have to do either of those things.

If I have to pay to progress, I'll be quitting. That money would be better spent on BF's downloadable games that I'll have until they go out of business or I die, whichever comes first.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jan 22, 16 10:39 AM
After watching my polestars inventory get depleted from 50 down to 5, and after doing the Belfry to get more polestars more than 6 times without receiving even one, I got really ticked off and reduced my entire inventory down to 50 of each item. Some I sold for gold, some I disenchanted. Not because I needed the gold coins, I have 1.7 million, nor was it because I wanted the shards, but because I figure that when I run out of inventory, I will stop playing.

I am so miffed about these changes that I am purposely gifting whatever I can, doing the gnome quests, and the blue key special quests. I figure that at this rate, I should be done in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy the castle, whoever is left. And don't forget to close the door.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jan 22, 16 10:50 AM
Most of the people posting here don't like the new update. I love it. It seems to come down to what your playing style is. If you depend on having lots of inventory for gifting and going through quests faster, you hate it because it will take longer to build up that same amount of inventory.

If you want extra gold and shards and don't care about building up a lot of inventory, plus you want more things to do in between story updates, you like it.

I'm in the latter category. I just wanted the developers to know that some of us do like what they've done. And to take that into account when deciding whether or not this change is so horrible that it should be undone ASAP. I'm in favor of keeping it, at least for a while, and see what happens as people get used to it and change their game playing strategies to fit the changes.

Have fun stormin' the castle.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 22, 16 10:51 AM
Thank You Apollo........your lay out about sums it up........spot on....and a warning for all levels behind..........I truly hope the devs will listen to reason.......and tweek the HOS drop item % back to our "normal"...........KISS......keep it simple sir.....and all would be ...........easie peezie..........**D**

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Jan 22, 16 10:52 AM
Love the expression, "what Looney bin did you escape from".

The new update if you can even call it one is so ridiculous and a joke that I am seriously ready to quit. Let the ones who love it have fun and then watch how quickly they jump ship when things get rocky and no items are dropping. Mark my word can see it coming.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 22, 16 11:01 AM
crusader50 wrote:Love the expression, "what Looney bin did you escape from".

The new update if you can even call it one is so ridiculous and a joke that I am seriously ready to quit. Let the ones who love it have fun and then watch how quickly they jump ship when things get rocky and no items are dropping. Mark my word can see it coming.

How I agree with you!

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by whizzie1 on Jan 22, 16 11:04 AM
To Apollogold, Sadie700 and all the other frustrated and angry players, I am with you 200% on your feelings about the newest and most disappointing update to date. I've nearly depleted my inventory and my coins, and I had nowhere near the amount of coins as Sadie, so for me to lose 70,000 coins on crafting items and places to open, it really hurt, and I'm near to closing this game myself.

Apparently the developers don't much care if we stick around or not. After all, there's always new players that will be glad to spend their time and money on this frustrating and maddening adventure.

Good luck to all of you who will stay, and luck be with those that leave and find some really fun new game that won't leave you wishing you'd stuck to reading books instead of visiting Big Fish and their latest HOG.

Shylo (a tired Castle hunter)

Additional input: Why didn't the developers give the players the option of "purchasing" inventory to replenish what is lost through the repetitive rounds through the ZZ's, HOS's etc...

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 11:40:12 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jan 22, 16 11:14 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to pop in and once again thank you all for the feedback that is being provided about the most recent update to Midnight Castle.

While the moderation and CS teams cannot make changes to the game, we are making sure that all of the feedback is being passed along to our internal teams working with the developers. It is important to us all that your voices are heard,

I do want to ask that the discussions about these changes stay within this thread. This will guarantee that all of the feedback and suggestions are in one location. Our team will continue to lock additional threads and redirect feedback to this thread to help with this as well.

I am also going to ask that we keep the Forum Rules in mind when continuing the discussion in this thread, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

If we continue to see instances of posts not adhering to our forum rules we may have to lock this discussion.

Again, thank you for all of the suggestions and very detailed feedback that you've shared so far we are passing these along on your behalf.

bfgMurrumbidgee

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jan 22, 16 11:15 AM
crusader50 wrote:Love the expression, "what Looney bin did you escape from".

this is exactly what I thought right from the beginning

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Jan 22, 16 12:01 PM
I am just so depressed with this update once I realized what had happened.

Considering leaving now but will wait a few days to see if it gets reversed. Gifting is a big part of what made this game so nice. Right now it feels like the fun has been sucked out of the game. So I think i will rather quit sooner than later if this is not changed

Trolden

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 12:02:27 PM PST

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jan 22, 16 12:03 PM
Today I had one active main quest. All I needed to complete it was one Wax Man in the City Cemetery (in the Altar). Clicking the "find" button led me to the Forest Palace. I played the HOS, but only got 15 coins.

Trip to Doctor; waited in line for meds. Came home and played HOS again. Same song second verse. I got a shard this time.

Wake me when the next update comes out.

Trolden
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Trolden on Jan 22, 16 1:24 PM
Just to add. I have closed down my game for now and removed my wishlist. Just tried to do a daily quest, went to the HoS and only got a shard. Not worth my time anymore if this is not changed back! I need items to play this game not shards

I am working full time and normally only have time to do one round a day. I think you will loose a lot of players if you do not change this back. This is that is suppose to be fun and relaxing right now its not!!

I will also be canceling my Bigfish subscription for now.

Trying to blackmail your customers to buy more gems this way is not the way to go!!

Best of luck to you all. I will be keeping an eye on the forum to see if this is reversed back.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 22, 16 1:26 PM
I have 2 games 1 is level 69 the other "piesy" level 31

The following is referring to my datsalotta game at level 69 (PC windows 10)

I'd been working on keeping as much inventory as possible by not letting any item get below 50 (when I disenchant for shards). Then slowly the HOS's would bring up my totals for items again.

Some items this did not apply to like polestar, murderer's eye, shield of order, mask of virtue, 8 pointed star, rune stone, immortal treasure, crystal of twilight, to name a few. So will run out of these items soon. Most of the items I will run short of come from HOS's in the Castle itself. Until now.

DQ's ate up alotta torches but at least I got inventory items in return from the DQ
I just remembered, the rainbow dragon I got from a gold chest DQ Hah!! Pretty sure.

My Question is where and how do I obtain inventory items now

Been asking myself. This list is all I could come up with, doom and gloom to say the least

1. wishlist friends

2. 1 out of 5 HOS if we are lucky

3. Just John - believe it or not he has gifted me once a week for 3 weeks !!

4. Get the devs to allow inventory items only from the HOS's in the castle only

5. Wheel of Fortune - chances are slim to nil for the items I run short of

6. Out of options, can you add to this list?

The problem with relying on friends' gifts is I will probably have to withdraw from the consortium and quit swapping in order to have enough slots to put the above items on my wishlist.

The game is forcing us to have a new strategy.

The Quest characters have no story line. All they say is 'Get your blue key !! hurry up, come back soon' - What is that? - A hint??

From forum comments and the actions and inactions of bfg I believe there are going to be an guestimated 50% of players leaving the Castle for good.
So sad. Bye Bye.
I find the Friendships in the forum are real, helping each other, having a few giggles, offering solace when someone is sick and more. Like having a never ending source of penpals, soon enough there is alotta caring and sharing. Good by friends.
I will stick around, see what happens.

datsalotta aka piesy aka Friendly Francie

Please consider not changing anything that allows for less chances for acquiring inventory.
Just did a coupla rounds and a 10 prt. Quest. Am grateful that the HOS allotment of pet food /airship items remain same

Edited on 01/22/2016 at 7:38:53 PM PST

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jan 22, 16 1:33 PM
Excuse me all, but I have just escaped from the looney bin called the castle. I have not seen it here, and I haven't seen a word about in the title threads, but has anyone noticed that there are no inventory items in the dice game anymore?

I thought it was just my main game with no items on the dice table, but just did the dice on my level 24(?) game and no inventory items there either. What?

If you can't get inventory items from the HOS or the dice table or the sky, where do we get them? By buying diamonds? I can't. I'm on a fixed income, that the gov't has decided we don't need an increase in, so I can't afford to buy diamonds. That is why I was trying to build my inventory. Mind you, I never had even 100 of any items, the max was 70+. And my poor polestars were at 50 but just one more telescope ZZ will take me down to just 2 polestars left. Now where do you suppose I will get more polestars? From the moon? Maybe. You never know.

[Post New]by tarshaan on Jan 22, 16 1:44 PM
add me to the chorus not liking this update here...
It's just not as much fun as it was before the update. I am definitely disappointed!

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 22, 16 1:45 PM
sadie700 wrote:Excuse me all, but I have just escaped from the looney bin called the castle. I have not seen it here, and I haven't seen a word about in the title threads, but has anyone noticed that there are no inventory items in the dice game anymore?

I thought it was just my main game with no items on the dice table, but just did the dice on my level 24(?) game and no inventory items there either. What?

If you can't get inventory items from the HOS or the dice table or the sky, where do we get them? By buying diamonds? I can't. I'm on a fixed income, that the gov't has decided we don't need an increase in, so I can't afford to buy diamonds. That is why I was trying to build my inventory. Mind you, I never had even 100 of any items, the max was 70+. And my poor polestars were at 50 but just one more telescope ZZ will take me down to just 2 polestars left. Now where do you suppose I will get more polestars? From the moon? Maybe. You never know.

I have had inventory items in the dice game Sadie

[Post New]by vikiBookWorm88 on Jan 22, 16 1:52 PM
Hey sadie700!

Just checked my dice game and I have both coins and inventory items. A murder's eye, sign of the predator, and wreath of justice where there to win.

Maybe its a glitch or just some bad luck. Not that you need more with this cruddy update.

Good luck and hope it gets fixed!!

Go to: