Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by wrathy on Mar 22, 16 12:24 AM
Like many of my fellow gamers, things fall apart in the chapel. I can't do anything but close the game down, such a shame as I was really enjoying this one. Hope the devs get it fixed pronto. Incidentally I'm running windows vista.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bert4242 on Mar 22, 16 5:30 AM
As many others have stated, I am stuck in the chapel. I loved this game but can not finish it. I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times. I use Windows 7 and have had no trouble with other games. Obviously if so many of us are having problems, it must be the game. My dxdiag came back with no issues and working fine. Can you please look into the game and fix it.

KaroTP27
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by KaroTP27 on Mar 22, 16 6:42 AM
I am also STUCK in the Chapel. After giving Katie's picture to Martha. I am running Windows 10 on a HP Envy 700 PC. Haven't had any other issues lately with BF games so hopefully the FFS developers can get this glitch fixed.

I have read that even if I restart the game under another name the freezing will happen again in the same spot.

BFG I await your update.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 22, 16 6:49 AM
mar39 wrote:
shelterhill wrote:I'm not stuck in the chapel, won't even get there, I'm tied up, should free myself with something sharp, but don't have it, can't move at all... Help!

You need a cup shard to cut the ropes.

I'm waiting for a patch or something to play again. I'm not starting from the beginning under another name at this point. If it were 30 minutes in, I might.

I know, but i don't have that stupid shard

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Mar 22, 16 9:24 AM
Stuck in chapel too.Windows 7 64 bit.

[Post New]by mb5942 on Mar 22, 16 9:25 AM
I am playing on Windows 10. Game is frozen in chapel per other posts (lots of them!) This is a great game and I want to continue playing. Please let me know when this is fixed! I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no results.

[Post New]by mammajoe1956 on Mar 22, 16 10:11 AM
I am having same issue. In chapel and screen is frozen. Operating on PC in Windows 7.

[Post New]by sam4tea on Mar 22, 16 10:43 AM
Stuck in Chapel. Have latest Windows version. Please fix.

[Post New]by macwriter on Mar 22, 16 11:13 AM
Windows 8.1 chapel. I have already paid for the game, would love to be able to play it.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 22, 16 1:25 PM
macwriter wrote:Windows 8.1 chapel. I have already paid for the game, would love to be able to play it.

Don't we all, I am glad with the replacement coupon, but the unfinished games are piling up this way... And I really liked this one so will replay soon....

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Mar 22, 16 2:41 PM
Also stuck in the chapel. Is there a fix coming soon??????

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by arrington1 on Mar 22, 16 4:04 PM
Windows 7 Froze in the chapel. I am about tired of Big Fish not checking the games out before putting them on the site.

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Mar 22, 16 7:04 PM
Windows 10. Froze in chapel.

[Post New]by Xstitch746 on Mar 22, 16 8:05 PM
I am also frozen in the chapel. Please be advised this is not a happy situation for any of us. Let us know when you get it corrected. I would only hope that it is ASAP for all of us who have enjoyed this game so far. Thanks for letting us have our say, but now it is time for you to get on the ball and correct this. Xstitch 746

Edited on 03/22/2016 at 8:06:40 PM PST

[Post New]by 1FloridaGator on Mar 22, 16 9:40 PM
Same as many others: stuck in the chapel......nothing works. Installed & uninstalled. Can't finish game. Playing on pc. Windows 10.

Edited on 03/22/2016 at 9:42:25 PM PST

[Post New]by sweetie3333 on Mar 23, 16 2:53 AM
Hi, I have installed and reinstalled this game. It does not save your game. saying corrupted files upon restart so game was deleted and had to start over again. This is the fifth time now. I am over it and would like compensation for the amount I paid.

Regards, Christina

[Post New]by loopyju on Mar 23, 16 4:47 AM
YES STUCK IN CHAPLE ALSO

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Mar 23, 16 4:49 AM
I found the work around for the issues with the game freezing in the chapel. When you go into the chapel, complete the HOP and then click on the stained glass window. Complete this and the light will shine on the three faces. Use the lens to highlight the faces and you will find the lever for the floor. Use the lever and this will open the gate in the upper left of the screen. This will let you complete the game with no freeze.

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Mar 23, 16 6:03 AM
Hi Fishies.

Add me to the list in the chapel. I am using Win 7 Pro. Never had issues with this game series before. SAD I had the game freeze after I used the lever. I will do as BigFish suggests and reload, bit I will hate to have to start again and it still not work.

Karen

Edited on 03/23/2016 at 6:06:17 AM PST

[Post New]by riverrat939 on Mar 23, 16 6:41 AM
Vampyrlady2264 wrote:chance player and it works, can play the game incl. bonus

I would love to try to change profiles and try again; however, since the demo will not open and totally freezes the Game Manager, that is not possible. This is by far the worse glitch I have had in many years of BFG games. I would like to play this game, but . . .

MacBook Pro 10.10.5 Intel Core i7 2.3 GHz 16 GB Memory

Go to: