Re:Welcome to Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition forum

[Post New]by kcurry415 on Jan 18, 10 8:18 PM
I've tried the game twice, and twice it has locked me out of a location in which I still needed to find something. Am I the only person having this problem?

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jan 18, 10 9:09 PM
Good game, I really enjoyed it but... WARNING: BF site advertises Exclusive Hidden Object scenes in the CE. The Hidden Object scenes and puzzles unlocked the CE are the SAME ones you just played in the game. You are not getting any EXTRA Hidden Object scenes and puzzles! Not worth the extra money for the CE if that is what you are expecting.

Wow. Thanks for this useful information. You just saved me some money!

[Post New]by Marciabroda on Jan 18, 10 10:09 PM
I loved this game! The graphics are great, the background music was appropriately eerie, and the narrator was delightful to listen to. I also liked the integrated help guide.....was glad to not have to close out of the game, go to the forum or find a helpful walkthrough and print it out to continue the game. I also liked that the help renewed itself quickly.

Would like to see more games like this on BFG.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 19, 10 3:48 PM
I bought the collector's edition - love the game! Could do without the music... Why are all the new games Ravenhurst wannabees? The graphics are so similar, the mood is always scary or even morbid. Can we get a new game that is upbeat? That said, I still love the game - the HOs are good, the puzzles fun. Thanks BF!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 19, 10 7:56 PM
Just finished the game. I did enjoy it for the most part--thought puzzles were easy and some of the search scenes too heaped up and cluttered (but that could just be my poor eyesight talking). Thought it very well done with ambiance, SFX and voice over combinations--it really did set the mood (glad you can skip singing). If you can't get back to a location in one chapter to get something right away, don't worry. The location will come up again on the map in subsequent chapters if it is something you need.

All in all, very entertaining. BFG should be flattered that everyone is trying to copy their style--it shows that they are setting the bar pretty darn high for everyone to follow.

Edited on 01/19/2010 at 7:57:36 PM PST

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Jan 20, 10 3:46 PM
Love this game; the ambience, the grafics, the voice actors, replay value( I might even finish it twice)...
all in all :
for this game from me.

And I might add; well worth the $19,95, for me, anyway.

I have read a few of the other posts; some have had problems with running the game at all. I use XP ( yes, I know, old stuff... , but I have had NO problems what-so-ever with this game!

Anyway, A BIG THANK YOU! to all of you who write in these forums, you are most helpful when it comes to deciding whether to buy a game or not .

jencollett
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jencollett on Jan 21, 10 1:51 AM
shaboo58 wrote:jboliver1999
if you click on the word in the list it will show you where the item is then just click on it.

really I put my cursor on the name it turns blue it doesn'tshow me anything (I have tried this with objects that I can already see so that I can see if I get a hint. Then I click on name and the object is removed and I don't get to see even where it was

[Post New]by AuntieJulie on Jan 21, 10 1:50 PM
Hi jencollett - I posted this a while ago, you probably missed it:

AuntieJulie wrote:I must admit I was confused when people were saying about using a hint and it taking the item away, so I went back into the game and restarted on Challenging Mode instead of Casual. You're right! That's where the difference is. On casual mode you get a box around the area that the item is in but in challenging mode the item is removed from the list.

I am still perplexed at receiving items in the inventory that hadn't been on the list - it is nothing to do with evidence or hidden object - the inventory items that I get at the end of a hidden object scene are not listed anywhere. Don't like that, it doesn't make sense.

[b]Hope it helps!

randzimm
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by randzimm on Jan 22, 10 3:17 PM
i MIGHT try it out...don't know yet.

welcome to the pond newbies

KatzRKaren
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by KatzRKaren on Jan 22, 10 3:31 PM
I just finished the game, 5 1/2 hours. Well worth the price for CE. Great story, great graphics, and wonderful soundtrack (I'm playing on Vista). I've bought all previous CEs. This is the first one offering 3 credits, so yes, to me, it's worth the money. It was easier than Dire Grove in that I didn't skip many puzzles. And the junk piles weren't just junk piles, at least they were period specific. I look forward to more games like this. Thanks Big Fish! And fishies, play on!!!!!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 22, 10 3:42 PM
Am I missing something - what extras? It's all the stuff we've already played. I thought they actually gave you something new - am I being naive? That said - love that we get 3 credits for this!

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Jan 28, 10 1:08 PM
if you are paying extra because you live in different country the collectors addition is WAY too much. We belong to this club for club prices not full price games. Guess I'll wait to see if BFG brings out penny in reg version.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 31, 10 10:02 AM
Awesome game! I decided to treat myself and purchase this game, even though, treated myself twice before this. I know it's a good game when I have to stop playing and cannot wait to resume playing! I thought the graphics were great, objects well hidden, interesting puzzles (first CE that I had to use the strategy guide on a puzzle). As with Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow, I didn't know what some of the hidden objects were. Unfortunately, no silhouettes in this game. I'll definitely play again and go for the 100% accuracy, though I may have to get a newer dictionary!

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Feb 2, 10 7:11 PM
question: I found in this game as in several others a ranking of high score times for you to try to beat the game. For some reason in this game unlike the other I can't find where my current time is listed. Has anyone found this? How do I know how long I have been playing?

Thanks

PetMice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by PetMice on Feb 14, 10 4:55 AM
cursor problem fix for some maybe - worked for me on XP desktop and Vista laptop - if you use cursor trails in Windows disable them (via Control panel mouse XP or right click on desktop in Vista and go to personalize)

[Post New]by regenboog on Feb 16, 10 6:14 PM
Does anyone know how you can get the S (golden star) score for the puzzles at the end? Even if I get all S scores in the chapters I never get it for the puzzles in the totals. Does anyone know what I am missing here?

[Post New]by billiej1225 on Mar 12, 10 5:25 PM
where can I get the walk through

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Mar 12, 10 5:32 PM
Billiej, it's on the BFG blog. There's a thread at the top of the forum about the walkthrough -- the link is in the first post of the thread.

coolkrunch
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by coolkrunch on Aug 15, 10 9:08 PM
It's a pretty enough game, but I wanted to be grossed out like I was at the movie.

[Post New]by Gone_Fishing on Sep 30, 10 3:44 PM
love the appearance of the game however my cursor really doesn't work well. I play lots of hidden object games but am already stuck in this one at the wharf, in the water, and the clothes hanging in a basket. The forum doesn't seem so helpful. Guess I need a walkthrough. Thanks for any help I can get from you!

Go to: