Re:Post any Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua technical issues here only

[Post New]by JusticeJackson on Mar 13, 10 11:46 AM
I am having the same problem being stuck at the mill as previously described. I have installed the update. No luck. I don't want to start over under a new profile. Any other options?

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on Mar 13, 10 12:45 PM
have been reading the posts
I download from here and there and have the same problem with both game sites.
The cursor just floats around. Too big a file for my laptop? Well I can still run Rhiannon which is way bigger. Is anyone else having the slow response?

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Mar 13, 10 3:09 PM
I posted a longer report in the "Errors being investigated" thread but, as that thread seems to intermingle with this one, here's a shorter version, FWIW:

The demo from another site is working SO much better for me, even on my clunky ol' XP laptop -- it's smooth and speedy, and while there is an occasional crackling sound, it doesn't compare to the mess that was the jumpy/echoing/noisy "soundtrack" on the BFG version.

So, after hours with CS and drivers and six installations of three different releases, it appears that the problem wasn't with my computer after all.

I do hope that BFG will reconsider that the problem just might lie with the new game manager or DRM (they wouldn't be alone with that kind of issue.) I'd much rather give them my $6.99 next time.

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 3:10:43 PM PST

[Post New]by moderngoddess on Mar 13, 10 3:38 PM
I'm having the same problem with the "watch the birdie" game. The middle bird will not anchor. It just bounces back to its spot. I've tried restarting and no luck. Please fix this so I can continue the game! I'm playing the Mac version.

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 3:39:33 PM PST

[Post New]by jamason on Mar 13, 10 3:44 PM
I too am having the exact same problem with the MAC version -- cannot anchor the middle bird in the Watch the Birdie Game. Very frustrating after having spent all this money. JM

lizysfog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lizysfog on Mar 13, 10 5:11 PM
I'm on a Mac, but I can't even get through the second tangram. Keeps crashing. I've deleted, reinstalled, rebooted, etc. Arguh! Had no problem playing the 1 hour demo.

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 5:12:30 PM PST

ros13
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ros13 on Mar 14, 10 10:34 AM
Very frustrating when it takes 2 seconds to solve a problem and then 5 minutes to try to get the cursor on the answer. There's no fun in this-think I'll pass on this one. I like to have control of the cursor not the other way around! When I read about all the updates other people have tried, I think to myself - Games should be for fun and this seems too much like work to me. If I pay for a game I expect it to be glitch free. After all, would people accept so many problems if they bought a new watch or camera or car or .......

meemawsue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by meemawsue on Mar 14, 10 8:05 PM
I can't get the middle bird to stick in challenge 66(?) either. Also many crashes. I like this game. Please help.

[Post New]by DoodleGamer on Mar 15, 10 2:10 AM
On a Mac and having the same problem with the middle bird not sticking to it's shadow.

The game doesn't appear to like too many mouse clicks, as this causes it to crash. I can skip the tangram puzzles but was only able to complete the slider puzzle and the rotate pieces puzzle by buying hints and reducing the number of mouse clicks to complete.

[Post New]by Christabelle5 on Mar 15, 10 3:55 AM
" Watch the Birdie" ... Puzzle 66 .l one of the birds won't roost while the other two do . I have tried resetting the puzzle, exiting and restarting the game and restarting my Mac. None of these solutions work.

How do I fix this?

[Post New]by rockfowl on Mar 15, 10 6:29 AM
Christabelle5 wrote:" Watch the Birdie" ... Puzzle 66 .l one of the birds won't roost while the other two do . I have tried resetting the puzzle, exiting and restarting the game and restarting my Mac. None of these solutions work.

How do I fix this?

I'm having the same problem, even when I buy out the fourth bird using the hint system. Also on a Mac, anyone resolved this as cannot go any further into the game?

gudrun_se
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gudrun_se on Mar 16, 10 1:46 AM
Christabelle5 wrote:" Watch the Birdie" ... Puzzle 66 .l one of the birds won't roost while the other two do . I have tried resetting the puzzle, exiting and restarting the game and restarting my Mac. None of these solutions work.

How do I fix this?

I asked the game developer via the official website of the game and they told me that they will send a new MAC version today.
I hope it will fix this!

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bron186 on Mar 16, 10 2:20 AM
I'm on Mac also, and having the same issue with Watch the Birdie. I tried the same ideas - bought all the hints, reset the mini-game, exited the mini-game, quit the app. No joy. I have not had any probs with the tanagrams though...

This has been by far the worst offering I've seen from BigFish - I can't remember having this much trouble with any other, and I've bought over 60 games from here and downloaded many others. QA slipped through the cracks big time with this one - _so_ many problems as is obvious from this forum.

Another edit :-) I want to add that BF have always been responsive and helpful on the rare occasions I have had problems - it just looks like they took on a dud this time...

Edited on 03/16/2010 at 2:55:14 AM PST

nehelenia
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by nehelenia on Mar 16, 10 1:50 PM
I'm on a Mac, and I can't even talk to the woman on the island to explain the hunt! I can click on Eden, and she tells me to talk to the woman, but clicking anywhere else on the screen does absolutely nothing.

[Post New]by singplayer5 on Mar 16, 10 6:09 PM
I'm having the same issue on a mac with the bird puzzle not letting me place the bird on the shadow. Did the update come out today? and if so, what do i have to do to get it. Thanks!

Edited on 03/16/2010 at 6:11:39 PM PST

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bron186 on Mar 17, 10 12:19 AM
to nehelenia - I had that problem initially, but found a post where someone had resolved that by creating a new profile. That worked for me also. HTH

[Post New]by Anastasia20 on Mar 17, 10 7:44 PM
Same problem with the bird! Did a fix come out? Where do we get it? It we reinstall the game do we lose all of our progress?

[Post New]by DoodleGamer on Mar 18, 10 3:08 PM
Jennocide, it's not a technical issue. All numbers can be divided by 2.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Mar 19, 10 10:25 AM
dmthomp wrote:Playing the Mac version of this game. Get to the bird shadow game in Chapter 5 and no matter what I do am unable to place the birds on their shadows -- one just will not "snap to". Game has crashed on me at least 5 times while trying to make this work. How do I resolve this?

At least it is NOT me nor my iMac! I've tried placing the every which way possible, I'm only able to place two

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Mar 19, 10 10:34 AM
Oops... Sorry about the incomplete post! LOL
I just noticed there's a new MAC version ready for downloading!

At least it is NOT me nor my iMac! I've tried placing the one stubborn bird every which way possible but only two of three birds will stay on their rightful shadow.

Go to: