woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by woolfood on Apr 2, 10 5:54 AM
I like the game in general, graphic is fresh, it's very stylish, beautiful menu, the house from pumpkin is awsome , and characters are realy nice! I like the presentation of story too.
And there're a lot of strange things, looks like the game wasn't over and I played only test version. For example terrible music, so boring...Some of them are ok, but most are bad done, and repeating puzzles all the game (played one puzzle about 3-4 times)... It's sad for me, because game is nice and it can be better.. As a result - didn't buy this one..
I hope the're will be next part with all good things game has

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 5:55:49 AM PST

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Apr 2, 10 12:00 PM
Too short. Disappointing. Graphics were beautiful but the walking feet drove me crazy and this game was not good value for money.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Apr 2, 10 5:57 PM
What a waste of time found the key and no way would the door open wasted my internet time and mine

AquaDoll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by AquaDoll on Apr 5, 10 4:50 AM
Loved this game with it's gorgeous graphics, haunting music & logical, interactive play. It's not your average HOG due to the extra challenges you need to complete in order to progress. The mini games are a bit repetitive, however they are skip-able. The storyline is inventive & I think I picked up on a possible sequel? Hope so. Thank you to the creators.

[Post New]by dinaheath on Apr 11, 10 11:49 AM
I have been playing this game for awhile and here is my opinion. Just an opinion. The graphics and colors are pretty nice, BUT, this is the most confusing game. I am used to hopping back and forth between scenes, gathering up items and storing them in inventory until needed, sometimes things are stored up until the very end. That being said, this game really lacks fluidity if that is a word. There is no ryhme or reason to alot of it, when there are objects to be found, you can barely tell if you have found them or not since the "highlighting" is pretty much indistinguishable. Also, after you have completed a task, and looking at the bottom left corner for your next instructions, it still is saying the same thing. I have found I have to click on to another screen before it tells me what to do next. It is not a easy game to follow, it could have been a great game, instead, flip flop, mish-mash (you get the picture) Next time, the makers of this game need to have a little more flow.

[Post New]by tommy21 on Apr 12, 10 9:59 AM
hi i,m tommy 21
not long bought alice in wonderland,can any body help me.
im stuck gatting the last net,it's supposed to be at the top of the steps in side a box at the left ,every time i try to press on the box i get the little footsteps which take me back down again.
its driving me crazy,can some one help before i go insane..

Problem with the gardener area. Need help.

[Post New]by edejoe on Apr 18, 10 9:29 AM
Was able to paint all roses. Cannot get past cutting the mushrooms. I get hint, but the clippers do not work in highlighted area.

gooma6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gooma6 on Apr 18, 10 10:43 AM
I thought I was really getting there until I hit chapter eleven (The Trial) and my game simply stopped working. I tried deleting and re-loading several times before reporting problem to BIGFISH and, as usual, they were "Johnny-on-the-spot" with a game coupon for a new one. I chose the darned Message in the Haunted Mansion and now I'M STUCK!

dolcifusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dolcifusa on Apr 24, 10 2:40 PM
I'm not fond of hidden games, I was attracted by the graphic but don't really like it very much, maybe because of the gender of game.

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Apr 27, 10 4:40 PM
Overall, I liked this game!

The lightening never bothered me... and I rarely listen to the music in games, as most are annoying. So, I couldn't tell you much about the music.

I loved the art, I thought it was fantastic. A few of the creatures, um.. the cat, were a bit creepy, but that was okay. I never thought anything was blurry.

The puzzles weren't hard, and sometimes it could be annoying trying to figure out where you were supposed to go next.

The actual game play, finding things was hard, but not impossible, which kept my attention... which can be hard to do.

If you are looking for a pretty game with a bit of difficultly, this game will suffice. If you want something with a deep story, advanced game play and hard puzzles... don't get this game.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on May 4, 10 11:15 PM
it's such a visually stunning game and so creative. but it's almost as though it was done by people who are intensely artistic, but don't do much gaming. i want to like it more than i do, but the game itself---if not the story or the graphics---seems a little formulaic to me. (do a hidden object search, do a puzzle. talk to some characters. repeat.)

it wouldn't be bad if the mini-games were more varied and if so many of the same type weren't clustered so closely together. there also seems something missing from the adventure element (which i usually love._ but something is falling a little flat, and i can't really put my finger on it.

i'm a little disappointed. it has a lot of potential--it never really seems to gel into anything. it's not of the "i-want-to-stop-playing-now-but-can't" variety.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 17, 10 4:39 PM
Oh so right on Bluecat! Very artistic, original and beautifully done. I just could't game into my game mode with it. This one is "Mad as a Hatter" folks. So surreal it was giving me a headache and that overall creepy feeling. I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on this one!

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on May 19, 10 1:38 PM
First just let me say that this game is gorgeous. I love the artwork. I also really liked the storyline. It's lovely and reminded me somewhat of "Drawn".

Unfortunately for me (on a Mac) the game has too many technical issues.

1) I had to redownload the game 3 times before it would let me in the front door

2) The music cut off randomly and then stayed off

3) The "Foot prints" that lead you to a new scene often overroad the cursor. For example, when I tried to use the key on the cook's door, it would throw me out of the scene, because the footprints kept blotting out the key AND the locks.

Finally, like a lot of other people I also had a hard time with the opening lightning scenes inside the house. That really needs to be toned down.

I really would like to buy, but there are just too many glitches right now.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 27, 10 9:08 AM
I really liked this game - you had to think and search about a bit to figure out how to complete tasks and there was not an overabundance of guidance there which I like. The graphics are really nice - mostly bright - and I have to comment that the lightning only occurs when you are in the house - not in the basement or in Wonderland. The lightning didn't bother me at all - added to the atmosphere I thought. I always turn music and voices off so can't comment on those. There is good dialog and just enough to advance the game and not enough to feel annoying or disruptive - enjoyed it actually and a lot of times I don't! I also felt it was a decent amount of gameplay but I don't play fast either - this game I played a little over several days in between real life I snagged this during the Mother's Day sale and it is worth every penny of the $4.89 I spent and think it certainly is worth $6.99 price as well. Give it a try, if you like IHOGs there is a good chance you will really enjoy it!!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 29, 10 9:39 AM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

I thought the graphics were nicely done, although a bit dark. I liked the fact that some of the time I had to figure out what to do rather than playing a straight HOG format. I liked the fact that the hint system appeared to be unlimited so I never got stuck searching for a specific object for too long.

On the other hand, I didn't walk away from the game with a burning desire to continue playing, and I'm not sure why, Maybe the graphics and storyline were just a bit too dark for my tastes or maybe it simply suffers by comparison to some of the other games I've tried. Whatever the reason, it just didn't grab me and make me want to know what happens next the way some others have. Because of that I'm putting it on my "Strongly Consider" list instead of my "Absolutely Must Have" one and will probably give it some serious consideration when the AMH list runs out.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jun 20, 10 2:51 PM

I just finished playing the game, and found it to be verysimilar to DRAWN-The Painted Tower, as far as game-play, graphics, music, and general overall feel to the game.

It was a FUN game, but not too challenging... a good way to laze-away a Sunday afternoon.

Most of the game was hunt for objects to put together, and/or do something with, to progress to the next stage. I found the mini-games to be repetitious and way-too easy, still, I was happy they were there, to break up the (hunt-for-objects) gameplay. The storyline was (just) OK , and didn't keep me at the edge of my chair, wondering what was at the next turn. I was more looking forward to seeing the pretty graphics for the next scene - as opposed to the "actual" next scene.

I'd say this game was -almost- worth my GameClub credit -In so far as the graphics were really nice and the game had a pretty-ness to it all. it was entertaining and helped pass the time. Personally, I wish it was more of a challenge. Length of game was average.
(NOTE: I've read review-complaints of the headache inducing lightning effect throughout the game. I experienced NO headache moments, nor did I even believe I would get a headache as the lightning intermittently persisted. I did NOT see this as any type of a problem, in-any-way. Perhaps some are more sensitive, or they really get into the game---mind, body, and soul...whateva!)

Overall score: and 1/2

Edited on 07/27/2010 at 4:55:51 AM PST

[Post New]by charmedchick on Jun 20, 10 8:24 PM
I agree that there are too many glitches with the Mac version - it's horrible! Do not buy this game, it's not worth it!

Once in awhile the entire game would be upside down and backwards. I don't get the impression that it's deliberate (even though the game is bizarre), it seems to be more of a major bug. I can't do anything about it but wait until it resolves itself. It will flip back to the normal mode after a few minutes.

I had the same problem regarding the footprints getting in the way of the cursor. It made it a pain in the tushy to find the required items since I kept going back and forth between scenes - arghh!

I hated, hated dealing with the Rachael issue, who the heck is that!? Even after I deleted that name and added a new nickname, it still showed up!

I'm also a big fan of Drawn and had expected this one to be similiar in many aspects, especially the beautiful art and unique storyline. It did have wonderful artwork and graphics but that it did not make up for the numerous issues that kept cropping up! You simply cannot compare Drawn with Alice, they are distinctly different.

For the most part, I found it to be a tiresome and irritating game.

[Post New]by WingedWonder on Jul 9, 10 12:02 AM
This game was OK.
The graphics were beautiful, and the music was great, but I didn't get most of the game's story. Half of the game you're simply wandering around and doing tasks. I started to understand the circumstances only at the last levels. Well, maybe it's just me.
Some things were pretty fun, but some were also confusing, espetially the Bookworm's riddles.
The characters were actually good, I loved the White Rabbit, Cheshire and the Hatter.
I also couldn't understand who is that girl who called herself the Red Queen, who captured Alice and the girls. As much as I understood, "Queen" was simply a figment of imagination... Wait, I'm confused now...
There also were these "footprints" that were blocking my cursor. Sometimes I had to click on a door or a different location alot to go to another screen.
The game itself is very short and straightforward.
Overall, not worth the money. That's too bad, because it could be alot better.
I'll give it 2.5/5.
Hmm, that's weird that most people had huge glitches, I had none and I completed the game... Well, my computer is not that bad afterall...

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Jul 22, 10 8:47 PM
By the time I finally got to finding the cook`s uniform, I realized if I didn`t quit, the music would kill me. Even after 2 ibuprophin ... I had to ditch...
How did this get to be a "HOT" game?
If you like hearing ,in a high note, ehh,ehh,ehh...then a low note..uhh,uhh,uhh..this game is for you. Sorry Big Fish , but, I should have came here to the comments first. Never would have bought this game.

[Post New]by consuela8706 on Jul 30, 10 8:20 PM
its an ok game...something wouldnt buy....u have to keep going back n forth to the same places to get what u need for the next chapter....im sleepy now...this game gave me the run around... ..... ..... ......

Go to: