Re:Comments and Reviews for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ocalaquilts on Apr 24, 10 5:30 PM
Enjoying the game but stuck trying to unite the bride and bridegroom in the jewel box. Any suggestions or tips?

[Post New]by ocalaquilts on Apr 24, 10 5:31 PM
azmadmaxx wrote:Like the game so far but can't get past the 11:55 which I set on the clock in the basement and then ......................... Is that all there is? Really doubt it, but see that someone else had same problem.

Keep playing with the minute hand while the hour hand is almost at 12.

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 5:33:08 PM PST

[Post New]by StudentOfTrinity on May 2, 10 4:15 AM
It just came out on Mac, I tried it for an hour, and I agree entirely with the more negative comments. It looks nice, but the actual game is easy and dull. I wouldn't want it for 6.99, let alone a CE.

I was going to complain about how Big Fish is going downhill, or something, but then I saw that a lot of people here seem to really love this game. So, okay, tastes differ; not everyone has to like every game. I guess Big Fish knows what it's doing, and there's a market for games like this.

And in the end what I have to say is that this play-free-for-one-hour thing is a really great, honest and ethical business model. I tried it for free, I didn't like it, I didn't buy it. Other people liked it and bought it. Nobody is getting suckered.

And Big Fish is still regularly cranking out games I do like, too. 6.99 is a fine price for even two or three hours of entertainment these days, and often I get a fair bit more than that for my seven bucks. And I've bought a couple of CEs that I thought were worth the extra money — it's about the same as taking my kid to a movie, but lasts much longer.

By way of full disclosure, I have nothing to disclose. I'm not a paid endorser, I'm a normal customer. I just like this system, and after thinking about it realized that this was a more important thing to say than to complain about this one game that's not for me.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 3, 10 4:04 PM
This was a great hidden object game - loved the premise, the graphics were wonderful, and the spooky atmosphere was well done - the length was pretty good also. The bonus adventure in the CE was really good too, maybe the best part. However, it is true that the overall game was somewhat easy, in terms of finding objects and the interactive/adventure elements were not particularly challenging. It is what I would call a mood game...perfect for when I am in the mood for a beautiful and atmospheric game that is relaxing and does not tax my brain.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on May 6, 10 11:57 AM
sunnycanoe wrote:Decent game. Puzzles were a little easy but all in all me and chunky monkey liked it ( my cat )

oh, good! some more cat-fish ambassadorship. i think it's important that cats like the games as well (said with some bias.)

it is a nice game, really well put together and nicely paced. the only improvement i can think of is the addition of a "challenge mode," timed and with fewer hints.

i really enjoyed the additional chapter at the end. just a taste of how i remember adventure games to be.

[Post New]by AngelFishNY on May 21, 10 1:20 AM
another interesting game
don't walk by
it's worth playing

[Post New]by black_pomfret on May 21, 10 1:26 AM
Like it and want to buy. Very-very good graphic!

wsb813
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wsb813 on May 22, 10 11:21 AM
I Beta tested Haunted Manor, then played the free trial, then played the free trial again for the collector's edition, and remembererd really liking it, but couldn't remember the game itself. (It can be very convenient having a bad memory.) I'm glad I bought the collector's edition...the extra level (one big one?) was super. I like the graphics and the way the stuff was hidden. I HATE HATE HATE when the objects are made too tiny to see, or when they're "ghost" images. And it's all about the mini games for me. The more the better. This is definitely a game I'll replay.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 25, 10 7:39 AM
excellent game!

lavifa
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by lavifa on Jul 11, 10 10:20 AM
Just a short note to let u know that this game was one of the best and it deserve an award. very clean and clear graphics. no sore, itchy, tired eyes and the download was super quick. the story was an absolutely huge thumbs up and the best part about it...can't wait for the next Stan Riddle-great ending...thanks BFG!!!

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on Jul 11, 10 10:24 AM
I also like the game and the atmosphere... although I can say that I would've loved it even more if the gameplay wasn't happening in a straight line...

FionaMac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by FionaMac on Jul 26, 10 7:58 PM
Can anyone tell me how to turn the sun into a shining star?

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Aug 8, 10 1:23 PM
I have to admit I really liked this game mostly because it was not that hard and I found it relaxing to play. Not sure I felt it was worth $20, but I am happy, just need to decide what to play next - too many games - maybe asylum one???

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by esmeqt on Oct 19, 10 6:33 PM
SPOILER ALERT

Was anyone else disappointed by the cheeseball ending with the glowing red eyes? And what about the graphics straight out of a vintage Hardy Boys book?

Kind of bummed with this one.

[Post New]by matkasouza on Nov 26, 10 11:10 PM
I loved the game!! I did use both the hint button and the user guide, and was really happy the user guide was built in. The sound and graphics were great, and all the small hidden object, puzzle type games were fun too. I've already recomended this game to my friends

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 13, 11 11:46 AM
Bought this game on sale for $2.99 and got great value for my money. The graphics in this game are gorgeous and they ran smoothly on Vista HP. I didn't have any glitches or slowdowns.

I enjoyed the storyline and thought that the hidden objects were nicely concealed - I hate HOG's in which everything is just lying out in the open clearly visitble. I shot most of a day playing the game - when I should have been doing other things - lol. I actually liked the dusting the mirror part, which others have complained about - I liked that little bit of interactivity. I was able to play the game without going online to find any help, so I suppose the game is logical in its layout and not really suitable for those whose experience with HOG's now requires very complex games for enjoyment, but for me, who is in the early stages of playing HOG's, this game was a lot of fun.

I was sorry when the game ended and actually looked up its creator to see if they had any other games out. That's one thing I wish Big Fish would do - list the game creators in the game information they provide. There are some game creators that would be auto-buys for me.

I also want to give a thank-you to those posters who mentioned other games that they liked in their posts. It's one thing to read descriptions of games, but it's much more helpful to read comparisons of them by the people who actually buy and play them.

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 11:48:12 AM PST

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on Apr 5, 11 6:21 AM
The most beautiful graphics so far!!! Tha game itself might not be that intriguing, but it's definately a sightful!!!

AliceFranz
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by AliceFranz on Apr 26, 11 5:12 AM
one of the first games I ever played. I really enjoyed every hidden object scene and was terrified when the screen was cracking as a punishment. but the game is too easy. a great solution for the beginners

Levels Menu list.

[Post New]by johnolerud9 on May 9, 11 6:29 AM
I have completed the game and i had a question.

When you click levels to view the list of levels to play, the Sarcophagus level doesnt show a star next to it.

Is there something i havent completed or is this just a minor glitch.

Just curious, as the games was great!!!!!

[Post New]by brilan on Jul 26, 11 6:49 AM
What I do with the sun? The sun must shining before keep into the ring. Its not going. I try 8 days - nothing. Can help?

My english is not so good.

Go to: