admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for 'The Fateful Voyage - Titanic'

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 19, 11 8:04 PM
I played for two minutes and then dumped this stupid game. You could not PAY ME to play this game. Just plain awful. Sorry BF.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jul 19, 11 10:36 PM
I enjoyed this COTW. It's mostly adventure mode, with some hidden object scenes that alternate between lists and find 10 of the same item. The graphics feel somewhat dated but you can adjust the brightness, played fine on widescreen. Music is pleasant and although the game deals with a tragic real life event, it begins brightly.

- No sparklies (except to indicate a HOG scene)
- cursor is very clear but you need to be quite precise when clicking
- untimed, no casual/expert option\
- you can RIGHT-CLICK to bring up the map and move to any room
- great cutscenes, brief, add atmosphere, set the scene
- no journal to track things but you can get hints in any room of what to do next
- puzzles are skippable but no instructions or hints (my biggest gripe)
- puzzles are fun once you figure out what to do
- HOG scenes and some puzzles are randomized if you replay
- everything is voice acted, the heroine's voice is soft and pleasant enough that you can forgive the fake English accent
- don't ask why your heroine does what she does, just accept that she easily breaks things and has few qualms about taking things that don't belong to her
- two different endings (you are asked to make a choice)
- excellent Bonus section which lets you revisit the wreck of the Titanic 97 years later to learn how we could have changed history.

I knew there were mixed reviews but I had a feeling I would like it because of the theme. The first section after boarding can be a little confusing, especially as the tutorial beforehand does so much hand holding.

Great game if you love the theme, just be prepared to accept it's only a game and and there will be a few anachronisms.

[Post New]by bobbie2836 on Jul 22, 11 8:12 PM
I really enjoy hidden objects games. That's what I thought this one was when I bought it.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of continuity of the game, the lack of hint help (virtually NO help at all),

My overall opinion is thumbs down, and I've wasted my money. This may turn me off all Big Fish games.

Bobbie2836

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Jul 23, 11 12:59 AM
Don't let it put you off Bobbie, there are loads of great games on here... just remember to try before you buy. This one was really awful I agree and I've bought some duff ones since joining, now I always trial the one hour.
Gill

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jul 26, 11 7:43 AM
The first thing I will say about the ad for the game is it is misleading. There are no ghosts in this game: at least I didn't find any.

I liked this game: until I got to the end. There are two endings. I would have liked to have been able to go back and see the ending I didn't choose.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jul 26, 11 3:50 PM
I too, would have like to play from the second ending choice to the end. But that said, I found this a delightful little game for anyone who enjoys this theme, and I did find the hint system to be most usable. Only needed to hit the WT once-on the darn ice hockey puck thing. Also just a tad too much of the must-hit-the-right-pixel-spot, but still think it was really worth playing and I enjoyed it a great deal.

BobbiAVEC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiAVEC on Jul 29, 11 8:52 PM
This game is not the greatest. Only paid the 2.99 price, good thing.

[Post New]by bearcat13 on Jul 31, 11 5:27 AM
I played the game and I liked it but before I could play the bonus round
it just disappered any one know how to get it back I did't get my moneys
worth help

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 27, 11 7:33 AM
booooooooooooooring. I couldn't deal with the annoying voice overs so I shut them off and it still didn't help. Did not find the game smooth. Had to keep hitting the hint which popped up that annoying woman or use the map. This was the second time I downloaded the demo....had only played 7 minutes before. LOL....should have remembered from the first time! Not a buy for me even at $2.99.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 2, 12 1:46 PM
This game is like a role playing game, is actually challenging, you get to enjoy the beautiful graphics while finding what you need.

This is one of the best in this kind that I have played.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 18, 12 6:20 PM
I bought this game yesterday by mistake - I thought I had clicked on the Return to Titanic So, I decided I may as well play it, and I have to say, that while there is a lot of silliness (what person in their right mind, who is not OCD, stops to tidy up a wine cellar when the ship is sinking? ) the story is quite interesting, and so far, not too morbid (thank goodness!)

The views of the main areas are indeed lovely, and I enjoyed that the 'real' characters, such as the Captain, looked quite a bit like the people they were representing. I also like that as the game progresses (I haven't finished yet), we are given an update of the timeline.

I am finding the 'hint' comments very annoying, and so far I have had to use the WT a lot, but at least it is there.

Although I didn't intend to buy this game, overall, it isn't really bad, and some of the comments from the characters made me laugh. There is also at least one character who "comes back" in Return to the Titanic - the so-called psychic, so it gives continuity for the next story. I'm not sure about any others as I haven't bought that game yet

Jen

Angel3585
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Enjoyed but too short

[Post New]by Angel3585 on Sep 12, 14 8:19 AM
I enjoy games like these. Reminds me a bit of (some) of the Mystery Case File games. I like games that have more than hidden object scenes in them. There are puzzles and also inventory items you collect and use. A bit too short for my liking - I got thought it in a 2 - 3 hours. Also would like a way for you too choose the other choice at the end without going through the whole game again. The bonus was a nice surprise.

Go to: