soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Settlement: Colossus

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 30, 10 10:07 PM
Just finished the demo,Love It,it's a keeper!

Oh My, what Wandering Willows has started!

From there I went to Great Adventures: Xmas Edition,Many Years Ago, The Island: Castaway, World Of Zellians(YUK), Westward & Westward IV,Gemini Lost,and now Settlement: Colossus! I love every single one except for World Of Zellians,it was just aggravating to me to have to try to build when you can't even turn your buildings,and hook everything to roads and often water,too, much more work than fun,no thanks!

I like games where we interact with the sims, but not interested in VV and having to drag and drop the sims on top of each other to 'mate',they could have left that out, like in Gemini Lost.

I have already bought or plan to, every one of these games. I'm burnt out on the dark & dreary H0Gs,and love these upbeat,fun and lighthearted games. Takes me back to when I first started computer gaming with the hilarious King's Quest VI - Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Settlement: Colossus is a great looking and fun addition to the strategy genre! Both me and my granddaughter were 'awed' by the realistic nature scenes and the sounds.Can't wait to play more of it.

Edited on 01/26/2011 at 4:52:48 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 22, 11 6:07 PM
I may be late to this party but I got here! I'm loving every minute of this game!

I actually tried it the first day it was released here, decided within 5 minutes that I hated it, and deleted it. Fast forward to yesterday. Loaded the game again, saw 55 minutes of play left, and had to force myself to start playing it again. About 15 minutes later, I came to the forums, reading everything to reinforce my new-found appreciation for the game.

Long story short, I bought it and I'm loving it. The HOG aspect is purely functional, not a plunger or feather or rubber ducky in sight. The nature scenes, little critter animations, and ambient nature sounds are fabulous. Resource management with no timer is enjoyable and productive without being stressed or worse yet "losing". Also love trophies in any game. The mini-game puzzles have been very good so far too.

Many thanks to the developers for this beautifully designed game. Also, thanks to all who posted such wonderful and informative reviews/comments.
Kellie

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jan 25, 11 11:05 PM
Fantastic! I love this game. It is beautiful and also relaxing and interesting, I didn't even try the demo when it came out last year. I saw someone's comments on it in another review and thought I would try it, Just don't give up in the first half hr or so, because it get's more interesting as the "city" grows and is more challenging too, I And it is a very long game also. This game is very much worth the money. Thanks sooo much BF and also developers, I am having a ball!

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jan 28, 11 5:22 AM
Just checking in, as I do every week, to see if there are new fish playing Settlement: Colossus. Thrilled to see there are! It's such a great game!

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Feb 14, 11 3:12 AM
Now if we could just figure out a way to get the word out about how much we want a sequel...

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 14, 11 7:52 PM
I agree! I LOVE this game!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 17, 11 7:13 PM
re: soblessed57. I was happy to see that someone else started out with Kings Quest. I too plalyed Heir today gone tomorrow. In fact I have played all the Kings Quest games and still have them but they don't adapt to my computer today. The creator of those games retired I think. They were not always easy but always in good taste and fun.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 21, 11 2:51 AM
I am new to playing this 'genre' of game, but I have to admit of the few I've tried in this category, I absolutely love Settlement: Colossus.

For those of your like me, who didn't know what this game is about here a short outline of what the game entails.

You start out obviously with 'tents' and you research different things to expand your settlement. First of all you harvest berries and mushrooms for food, and brushwood and cane for firewood. You then collect resources like clay, and Ore to build with and make tools from. You build a Farm to grow food as your population get's bigger. You then build clay huts instead of tents etc. Actually it's quite engrossing, as your settlement grows, you have to grow with it, things like expanding your farm, obviously more people means you need more food, so you research into things like Wine and Cheese making, and then building different things. At the moment, I'm building a Bakery and a Smelting Furnace (to use the Ore in a more productive way). In between collecting resources and building etc. there are puzzles to play (like putting a gem amulet back together (jigsaw type one) and 'sliders' the ones where you have to get something out from one edge to the other (! love those type), and then ones similar to in the Sword and the Rose where you build something in the correct order. I've built a plough, and a Grade 2 Sauna up to now. And I've had to 'eradicate' caterpillars and termites (that was fun!) I think I'm now up to starting Level 3 buildings (again expanding what I've got and building new ones) I have a Market to trade in, and an Oracle temple for my Seer (and a school and a Jewelery maker, Carpenter, a Forge, I'm just starting to build my quarry.

Your resources are found through Hidden Object scenes (with a difference) and the scenery and music throughout this game is a treat for both the eyes and the ears.

I really do thank bella81762 for pointing me in the direction of TM Building games. Thank you bella

Kel

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 26, 11 12:09 PM
Timbuctu wrote:Now if we could just figure out a way to get the word out about how much we want a sequel...

I couldn't agree more...this is a superb game I love the relaxing music & the scenery, well let's face it I JUST LOVE THIS GAME, I am so very near the end now but I just allow myself to play a little at a time & then yesterday I played for about 2hrs & literally had to make myself quit to spend time with DH, horrible when they just don't understand the addiction.

I wonder if there is a sequel in the works?
boots

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Aug 7, 11 4:57 PM
This was reccommended on another forum as being like World of Zellians:Kingdom Builder, nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwt!
Way too much HOG for me. So back to World of Zellians.

Eneri
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Eneri on Aug 18, 11 9:56 PM
I really wish that, when you're all finished with the city, you can have it as a screen saver. I love watching all the people doing their thing.

I love this game, although I'm still having throuble with some of the mini-games but that's just me. And sometimes the citizens are so demanding LOL "We want food!" "We want wood!" "We want food!" Hey, I'm supposed to be in charge, why do I have to do all the work?

But still, I have played this game for hours at a time, and it's especially nice when I can't sleep but I'm brain-dead, because I don't have to think too hard and it's not like you're on a time limit. Not that it's a brainless game; it's not but sometimes I like something that's not going to stress me out.

Settlement: Colossus

[Post New]by missdemeanour on Jan 31, 12 12:59 PM
Tried this quickly as on the special offers......Love it!!....So basic yet soo addictive!
Will be sure to have a look at others like this. Normally I go for the dark mysterious HOG games but this was fun

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 19, 12 3:14 PM
Sort of a mindless little game....must have missed something up front because nothing is making a great deal of sense...there must be something more to this than spending endless time going back and forth to the same areas to collect the same stuff to build up an inventory to do something. A few mini games that are easy and entertaining, but a lot of searching around for "supplies" and nothing to come of it. Not a buy for me, I need a bit more adventure....giving it a 2.5 .

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Nov 19, 12 7:44 PM
Yeah, scenery is beautiful, but frankly I don't, and therefore didn't, get it. Also it made my computer sound like a jet engine.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 15, 14 11:36 PM
How did I miss this?? Its 2014 & I see comments from 3 years ago.
I've been playing this game for several days & am LOVING it.

Its really funny because I just read a review of Settlement Colossus, a couple of posts above this & someone named Soblessed57 put just about everything I would've said.
First of all, I had only just discovered the game Wandering Willows a few weeks before this & I adore that game. The only thing keeping me from replaying it again was that there just wasnt anything left to do at all...But anyway

I have to say that this game here suprrises me quite a bit. I had no idea that I was in for more than just yet another standard TM building game. I was willing to go with it though, just because its not more of the junk that I don't like that's offered so often....but I wasnt expecting this to be as satisfying & enjoyable as it is.

Go to: