MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 10, 10 9:29 AM
I liked this one. Made me put on my "thinking cap". I have picked up four keys in the one hour demo so I don't think this is a long game. All in all, liked it and wish it was going to be a longer game. Some of the mini games were tough but enjoyed figuring them out. Not too much instruction but again, it made ya think.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 10, 10 10:56 AM
This game started out weird to me... almost like being dumped in the middle of the story and suddenly being hypnotized? Played for about 15 minutes and thought, yuck. No instructions, and what to do next? Got up walked away and came back today. Downloaded the update and tried again... and I'm glad I did. Music, graphics ****-hum. Story? But not being spoon fed each step of the way is really nice for a change. I find myself actually challenged with this game. Mini games have no instructions. For this reason, I'm using one of my credits and getting this game. It may be short, but it's interesting.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Apr 10, 10 11:42 AM
Yet another dopey game. Please don't make me follow the dialogue, especially when it's lame, lame, lame.

I rarely want instructions but this game gives you no help at all. If I was someone who was new to the hidden object genre, I surely would not become a fan.

Still waiting for a decent HOG. It's been awhile...c'mon developers, get with the program.

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on Apr 10, 10 1:26 PM
Pinky559 wrote:Help. I cut the pillow on the couch and saw the numbers 572 I went to the safe and put in the 572 and it said error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Match the number to the pictures below

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on Apr 10, 10 1:31 PM
deo1999 wrote:So far I have enjoyed it, but am stuck after finding the ring and giving it back. I have the snorkle, key, and crowbar, but nothing sparkles but the pond. I can't do anything else there except look at the croc with the belt still tied around his mouth. Any help would be appreciated!

click snorkle on pond

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 10, 10 3:17 PM
There's another scene to the left of the pond scene where you use the crowbar.

jentzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jentzie on Apr 10, 10 3:35 PM
I thought this hog was very disappointing - boring and uninstalled in less than 10 minutes. Not for me.

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Apr 10, 10 4:46 PM
At first I didn't want to continue with this game because I didn't have a clue as what to do after the first scene. But after the walkthrough was published I was able to get started and figure things out by myself. I like the hidden object scenes because there are no dark places to search. Everything is there and clear. All you need is a little patience.

The slider puzzles were so easy and simple I was rather taken aback. Some of them in other games can be real stinkers!

Also, no timers and you can skip the hard puzzles if you choose. What more could a person ask of a game?

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Apr 10, 10 8:25 PM
I played this one through and have mixed feelings about it. I like a good story attached to these kinds of games... and good puzzles as well. In this one each scene has basically the same things to do over and over, which gets a bit boring after awhile even if the scenes do change and the puzzles start out being unique. The story is rather... hm... well just odd. Some have likened it to the 3 Cards games, but they at least had an interesting story with them.

Although it's a "dreams are driving me crazy" sort of story, it really doesn't say that clearly. This guy has strange dreams for a few nights and (strangely enough) heads off to a psychiatrist and the psychiatrist immediately hypnotizes him. (Very weird.) Once he gets into the hypnotic trance, he never comes out of it (not even between chapters). It is just one hugely long hypnotic trance. Again, weird. During the game, you really don't know what the "mystery" is other than that he is having weird dreams. In his real life we have no idea if anything "mysterious" actually happened or if he just had strange dreams for a few nights.

The end is weird too and really doesn't explain a darned thing nor resolve anything. The guy is left in his hypnotic trance and we're left hanging... and not in a good way.

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 8:46:12 PM PST

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 11, 10 1:31 PM
Classicaljazz wrote:When my demo time ran out, I was soooooooooo disappointed! Wanted to continue playing! Think I'll use one of my game coupons for this game.

I am surprised at the number of fishies in the pond that didn't like it. True, the next step wasn't always immediately obvious... but when everything in a game is TOO obvious, it often ends up being boring.

I normally tend to avoid games where I can't turn off the custom cursor. That is because custom cursors are often harder to control with my computer system. But the custom cursor in this game worked okay for me so I didn't mind that it couldn't be turned off. The story line caught my interest and I liked many other things about the game, too. Had symphony music playing on my stereo so can't comment on the game's music.

I'm giving it a ! !

Classicaljazz

I did go ahead and use a game coupon for this game... and I just finished the final chapter. I enjoyed it all the way through. Liked the challenge of having to figure out what to do next. This will be a game I'll enjoy re-playing from time to time.

In my opinion, the game would have been even more interesting had the story been emphasized more prominently throughout the chapters. With just a brief glimpse at it between each chapter, it felt almost as if the story had "died away". I found the ending of the story to be a disappointment also. I assume it was a suggestion that the game and story will be continued. But I wish when the developers decide to continue a game, that they would first provide a more satisfying climax to the current portion of the story and game. Had the game not continued to hold my interest to the end, I would have felt I'd wasted a game coupon (because the story line was so poorly developed and the story ending so disappointing).

I listened to the game music most of the way through, and, for the most part, found it fitting for the game activity and more pleasant to listen to than the music offered in many games. I especially recommend this game for those in the pond who like a challenge and less "hand-holding"... especially if the story development isn't high on their list of requirements for the games they enjoy.

I rate this game at 3 1/2 stars out of 5. (I'd rate it at 4 stars had the story been more fully and interestingly developed and had the ending not been a disappointment.)

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Apr 12, 10 5:54 AM
The story was boring..

I really wanted to like this one..nope.

What was up with the voice acting only being in the first scene...after that is was just reading I didn't hear the dialog? Was that just my computer or was it meant to be that way? Either way..disaponting there was no voice acting. Old games I don't mind that but new games should really have that..espcially if they are this short..and it was. I counted keys as I was flying through them and knew it would be over quick. Finished it in about 2 hours..fast for me.

The mini games..well loved the jigsaws (as always heehee) but the codes with all the weird symbols made absolutely no sense what so ever! Without the walk thru I would have never got past them!

Save you money and credits...I'd buy it for 2.99 on a daily deal if your reeeealy board maybe..second game so far this week that I'm sorry I wasted a free game Punch Card credit on.

Yuck.

Edited on 04/12/2010 at 5:54:55 AM PST

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 12, 10 6:34 AM
belamba wrote:I liked this game so much I bought it after only 20 minutes of the trial. Def gets the brain cells going; is there/will there be a walkthrough?
Thanks BFGs for another entertaining iHOG!

[Post New]by salem274 on Apr 12, 10 11:33 AM
I managed to play for the free hour, but definatly will not buy. Slow and not very helpful hint system, there are just to many better games I would rather try/buy.

cindiliz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cindiliz on Apr 12, 10 5:12 PM
For the most part, I'm really enjoying this game. I do miss a little more instruction, and the hints don't refresh very quickly. I can't tell whether you get only so many per chapter or its a timed refresh. Either way, I had no hints available when I entered the pyramid chptr. I'm halfway through it and stuck. Guess I have to wait for the walk through.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 12, 10 11:08 PM
The walkthrough has been posted for several days.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dominic-cranes-dreamscape-mystery-walkthrough/

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Apr 13, 10 4:58 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I found it to be intuitive and just the right challenge level. I liked searching for 3 things at a time as it kept my mind from getting boggled as I dug through the materials.

[Post New]by kat52548 on Apr 15, 10 4:52 AM
I agree there should be instructions or more hints on how to obtain objects that are needed to enter a room. I am in the room where the unfinished painting was and turned corner to one room turned to another room and found all objects but cannot get key out of light fixture. How are we to purchase a game when there is so much touble proceeding through the rooms? I purchased this game but I believe I will just cancel.

deeno1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by deeno1 on Apr 16, 10 5:32 AM
I don't usually bother commenting on games because other's have usually said what I would have, whether it's positive or negative. But this game is truly a great game if you like to think a little bit. And that's one of the reasons why there is no timer. A timer forces you to use hints. Given enough time and a little hint now and then from the walkthrough will allow you to solve this game. After a bit you'll get the hang of it and sit back and enjoy it.
A game is 'garbage' when it's badly made. Not because we don't like it or we insist on hanging on to our old computer (been there) and have to deal with all kind of technical issues.
My one complaint, is that lately there have been a lot of games that I am very uncomfortable with, the vampire ones and the dealing with the dead. I'm sure there are many who would agree with me. So I am enjoying this one because it's about dreams, and we all know how weird they can be.

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Apr 16, 10 1:59 PM
I downloaded the trial version of the game and can't do anything. I clicked on the cords in the first room to fix the light so I can see but nothing happined. I also tried to get a hint but again nothing happines. I guess I must be doing something wrong, but than again this is the second game I got a trial version for and had the same problems. The first one I just deleted I may do the same with this one if I can't get it to work. No use trying a game for an hour just to fix a light.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Apr 18, 10 12:36 AM
Not a great game, but solidly good game.

My only complaint was the scene with the cabin/dog. I had the green thing, but had no idea it was a balloon and I tried digging lots of times, but it kept opening the hidden object scene beside the digging area instead.

Still, with a forum hint and a little luck, I got by it.

But, what did the ending mean? Me thinks our hero forgot something rather important there.

Go to: