Friends of Eastendteddy

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Friends of Eastendteddy

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 30, 17 4:36 PM
Thank you, PTG--I will be sure to tell him. I have shared some of the posts with Randy, and he's gobsmacked by the number of posts, and did say what good friends you all are.

Also, Rosiebvt is reading my mind because I immediately thought pink for Blossom too!

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 30, 17 4:51 PM
Today's (3/30) UPDATE

Well, I'm sorry to say that Randy is not having one of his better days today because he had trouble sleeping last night and he said he's felt sweaty all day (Donna says Randy doesn't sweat). Also, the area where they removed the drainage tube is still sore and tender, so with his immune system a bit low, Donna hopes there's no new infection. At the time she spoke to Randy, the doctor hadn't been in yet to run these things by him so we don't know anything yet. Lastly, still no mention of the physiotherapist, so it looks like Randy will be keeping the nurses busy into next week sometime.

We know how tough Cap is, so I expect to have a more positive post tomorrow.

rednose60
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rednose60 on Mar 30, 17 5:16 PM
Poor Randy!!! I'm so sorry for him.
I'll keep praying for his recovery and hope he is going home soon (fingers crossed).

Kitty Algarve

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 30, 17 5:19 PM
Geez Louise, I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride, I can only imagine how Randy's feeling. Okay everybody, we need to channel all our positive MC energy and send it Randy's way. He needs a little extra help over this hump and we can do it all together.

Randy, I'm crossing everything I have (eyes, arms, legs, fingers, etc) and cramped up or not, I'm keeping them crossed til you round the corner for good. Plus I'm concentrating extra special hard on sending all my thoughts, prayers and positive vibes your way.

Now let's go Cap'n...the ball is in your court. Ten Hut! Let the sunshine in!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 30, 17 6:00 PM
Please pass along some special gentle hugs from all of the troops past and current, two and four legged. C'mon, soldier, back to your post! Ten-HUT!

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Mar 30, 17 6:02 PM
Been away for a bit and just read this thread today. I am sending you well wishes and hope you are back with us playing the game real soon.

Thinking of you and missing your fun comments.

Bobbie

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 30, 17 9:38 PM
*sigh*.... I hope they can figure out what is wrong and get him back on the mend... makes me concerned about his upcoming knee surgery...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( RANDY!!!!!!!!! )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Edited on 03/30/2017 at 9:39:17 PM PST

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Mar 30, 17 11:20 PM
PTG’s Blossom-pink bunting is on the way
To celebrate your freedom (discharge) day.
Take all our prayers, hugs and commiserations
They’ll surely help change your situation.

Tell those doctors they have no choice
But to get you on your feet.
Whisper to your heart how you’ll rejoice
When it returns a healthy beat.

Do you see how important you are
To those of us who love this game?
Get well, Randy, and come back to us.
Without you, MC just isn’t the same.

GO! RANDY, GO! We’re all cheering for you here
Friend or not, our only thought
Is you, happy and well, now and for many years.

Positive thoughts only allowed
katiek

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 31, 17 12:08 AM
Myrtle is sending you lots of soft purrs and face rubs for your hand. Keep the washcloth handy as she drools when she purrs.

Ghost Kitten Sam is watching over you and sending positive vibes your way, as is Marius14.

fedakski
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by fedakski on Mar 31, 17 5:56 AM
I've been away from the Forum for a bit also. Get well soon Teddy

Barb (a fellow Canuck)

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Mar 31, 17 6:45 AM
I've been following this post for a bit and although I've not been
a friend of Eastenteddy I'm struck by the huge number of friends
and well wishers he has! He must be quite a guy and I sincerely
wish him a speedy recovery!!!

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Mar 31, 17 8:33 AM
Debchet wrote: He must be quite a guy and I sincerely
wish him a speedy recovery!!!

He sure is very special in the good way, a warm hearted man and fun too.... He will recover of that I'm sure but after his previous knee surgery he has been a bit low down and maybe it affected his health .... we love him and send him all the good vibes we can, I do from France, the Atlantic Ocean waves will bring him my thoughts and my hugs,
Dani de Bordeaux

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 31, 17 11:52 AM
Today's (3/31) UPDATE

Well, it turns out the drainage tube is still in, it was a different tube they had removed. However, Donna said Randy's coming home this evening! Yay!!--Except....what about the soreness/tenderness where the drainage tube is; what about the fact Randy has only been able to walk from the bed to his chair so far, and a nurse will have to come out 3 times a day to change the drainage bag!? Needless to say, while Donna is happy to have him home, she has concerns as to why the doctors think it's okay for him to be coming home yet, and I have to say, I agree with her. **sigh**

But, hopefully, they know better than I, a mere concerned friend with no medical training.

Welcome home Randy!!

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Mar 31, 17 1:12 PM
wow, what good news, welcome home my friend .

But Randy I must admit that I am also a bit worried that it might be a bit early to be at home so please, please listen to what the nurse tells you and follow the instructions. Be a good boy so your recovery will be a quick one and all of us have you back in really good condition

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 31, 17 1:13 PM
For the fact that he is "escaping" from the medical facility

For the fact that he is still "walking wounded"

He knows better than most the healing nature of Friends care and compassion.
To Donna for her forbearing, faith and devotion to her brother
MY total good wishes to both of them from London>>>>>>>>>>

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Mar 31, 17 2:21 PM
Dear Randy
Wishing you well, having an arm full of nothing but good thoughts. May the Lord be with you Donna and Family.
Take good care of yourself from a fellow long time follower of the Great
Eastendteddy .
Lilabelle

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Mar 31, 17 2:33 PM
More great news! Sending prayers for a quick recovery.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 31, 17 4:04 PM
The nurse coming 3 times a day will be keeping a close eye on him.... It's all a royal pain in the neck, but... it's doable... When you're in that kind of situation, you just do what needs to be done.... you grit your teeth, pull up your boots and march THROUGH it.... This is not their first rodeo and I have complete faith in them that they will meet the challenges head on....

There's lots of moral support from this community... I trust this community to keep them in their thoughts and prayers and to be a shoulder if needed.... The sky is not falling, it's just hail... and it will hail for a while, then the sun will shine again....

I am VERY glad to hear he is stable enough to go home!!!!!!!!!! ... though, conga lines are most definitely ill-advised for now

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 31, 17 4:12 PM
Definitely no congas, it's hard to avoid tripping on the drunk moles

OK Cap, you know what you're supposed to do and what you're supposed to not do, so behave and follow Donna's and the nurse's orders. Otherwise we will organize a road trip to come and fit you with your own lockable hug-me jacket, and only Donna will have the key.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 31, 17 4:24 PM
Wow, Randy, just the kick in the **** I needed. YAHOOOOO!!! You're coming home. I knew the concentrated effort of us MCers would get you sprung! Okay, enough excitement. Please take care of yourself. Follow all instructions to the "T". Remember:

Slow and easy
Recovery's breezy.
Fast and headstrong
Recovery goes wrong.

Fuzzy, how about a virtual conga line?

Go to: