Re:Your Comments and Review for Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer

[Post New]by cuddly1robin on Jan 11, 11 7:50 AM
I really like games like this. It can be frustrating at times but when I do finally figure something out it is satisfying and it encourages me to find out more. I find the start up scene before you get into the actual game very irretating too and there is no way to fast forward by clicking either like other games allow. I use the walkthrough occassionally when I'm stuck but only look at the part I'm stuck with. Yeh walkthroughs. One problem I just ran into is where I'm supposed to get rubber piece to fix motorcycle tire I can't reach it and I'm supposed to go back in to talk to the librarian or who ever he is and ask for umbrella only he never appears. He's quite old I hope he didn't drop dead gathering his things! Kidding. Does anyone have any ideas?

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 5:12 PM
Loved it. There has been no other game for me that was hard and still kept my interest. The graphics were great. The concept a bit freaky, but it was perfect. Life imitating art, murder imitating art. I never would have thought of something like that. I am not saying that killing is cool or whatever, its just a clever story line that made me shudder and that is hard to do.

ggxgp
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ggxgp on Apr 1, 11 3:41 PM
I really enjoyed Art of murder: FBI Confidential. I usually buy games without demoing based on the reviews, but I am looking forward to trying this one first.

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 3:43:53 PM PST

[Post New]by graciech on Apr 12, 11 8:13 PM
I love these kind of games, but I'm kind of stuck and the walkthru can't help me with this one. I'm having trouble getting the innertube to the fountain before all of the air is gone. The clock timer starts before I can even pick it up after putting air in it. I've managed to get it in the fountain to see where the leak is but my time runs out before I can mark it with the pen. Am I missing something? Is there an easier way?

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 13, 11 4:34 PM
Im so bored of hidden object games & the more I play them, the more I realize I want more adventure & less hidden object so I decided to try some LFAs. I love this game and I love crime shows and I feel like I get to be the lead in one of the shows I love in this game. I am not nearly close to being done, just did the demo but I liked being in control, not having sparkles and doing what I felt like doing without being timed. I found a walkthrough but I will rely on it only when necessary. It occurred to me recently that the games I really, truly enjoyed in the past before I found hidden object games were adventure, crime games where I had to explore the scene, talk to witnesses and possible criminals or just magical lands to explore like myst. I used to play the Myst games all the time when they first came out. I want long games too and I feel hidden object games fall short of what I want and I finally stumbled upon these & that makes me very happy. These ones are great because you can test drive them. I am afraid to buy without test driving some others but I am sure in time, I will get over it. Thanks BFG. We need more LFAs

This game took me about 2 weeks and I played for at least 3 hours if not more a night. It is one of the best games I've ever played & purchased & thank god there was a walkthrough!

Edited on 06/25/2011 at 10:32:35 PM PST

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 17, 11 3:20 PM
Was fun, and story seems delightfully creepy. But the demo was so short that I'm reluctant to put out money for this game, unless on sale. The puzzles had some challenge to them, but since I'm not actually a police officer and am not intimate with their protocol, it's frustrating to be told to keep looking around before you can leave, and finally find out it's because you didn't put something into a bag.

rebeccak
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccak on Sep 4, 11 12:03 PM
I like this game more than Art of Murder: FBI Confidential, which I liked as well. This one is more polished, the dialogue is better written, and the challenges seem more logical (with allowing for some suspension of disbelief). Some large file games suffer from puzzles that just don't make sense to me after I find out the solution, and/or a plotline that mixes too many genres (Dracula Origin comes to mind).

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 12:08:05 PM PST

antique1944
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by antique1944 on Oct 16, 11 2:10 PM
I couldn't tell you how the game play went as I did not play the game, as I got too frustrated waiting for the TWO MINUTE intro to end. Everytime I started the game the same intro played taking up another 2 minutes of precious demo time. Will not buy or try this game again!

Branes
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Branes on Aug 27, 12 5:12 AM
This is no Longest Journey or Syberia, but then for $6 and change you can't really expect it to be.

I'll try to be as fair as possible to this game. Overall, it's a pretty good adventure game. The story is interesting although the characters are very 1 dimensional and stereotypical.The rude, obnoxious, misogynist French detective with the haughty attitude is a perfect example of this. And the game manages to include just about every irritating, tedious adventure game situation ever devised, from timed puzzles, to not allowing you to do certain things until you perform every preliminary action, usually talking to someone first. This can be the most frustrating, because, even with a walkthru, you might miss that one thing you have to look at to open up the next move. For example: at one point you need to go out a window, but until you look at a specific area on a locked door and she says "I need to find another way in" or something like that, she'll refuse to go out the window.

Branes
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Branes on Aug 27, 12 5:18 AM
There is a decent hint system that will point out the main areas of discovery in the scene and you can't leave a scene until you have acquired all the items you need and/or performed all the actions necessary. This prevents you from having to load a saved game to go back and get that one item from chapter 4 that you need in chapter 7, for example.
The puzzles, for the most part are intuitive, but for some you have to be McGyver and devise ingenious, yet logical, ways of getting around obstacles. Logical, after you realize how they were done, but probably not something you'd come up with yourself.
For example (warning: spoiler alert)
At one point you have to devise a small bomb made with an alka seltzer and a small container which knocks a rock onto a platform made from two buckets and a plank. Come on, who would EVER think about doing that to distract a guard?
At another point, you have to play a slot machine to get enough money to pay for something. Unless you have a walkthru, you don't know that saving and replaying the game after every attempt won't work. You actually have to play it a number of times before it makes you automatically win. I learned this after about a frustrating hour of playing, reloading, playing, etc.
You also don't know that you have to keep fishing in the coin pond to get more coins. Usually when you find an item, you don't keep clicking to find more.
One puzzle really made me mad because it was what I consider unfair to the player.
There is a map that must be constructed out of small fragments which can be time consuming. Usually, once that is done, you have the map. Not this time. You have a limited amount of time to find a way to glue the pieces together, otherwise you have to do it again and again..etc. This, I found to be totally unnecessary and needlessly frustrating.

A walkthru or hint system is highly advised. And you should save before trying to solve any puzzle as you often have to repeat your efforts.
But overall, the game is enjoyable if you are like most adventure game aficionados, somewhat masochistic. After all, what is an adventure game anyway but a bunch of brick walls you have to bang your head against until you come up with the solution to the puzzle, then five minutes later, have to do it again with another puzzle?
And this, we call fun.

Edited on 08/27/2012 at 5:20:27 AM PST

Go to: