ramberny
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Deadtime Stories

[Post New]by ramberny on May 1, 10 4:46 AM
Loved it, loved it, loved it!! Can't wait for more...

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 1, 10 5:57 AM
i have made a good and full of praise comment and i am here to tell how frustated i am ,now:at the end of the game ,i leave to keep it for next day;and when i want to start again ....bad news!i have all screens very well untill the "continue" one and then,when cilcking on it,the game crash and go back to windows and all i have is the "play again" screen from BF!we are very much people having this trubble,and no updating is in case,for i did the whole game until last level!i posted to BF,but these last days it is the second game i can't play for technical issues:masquerade mysteries won't work at all before i buy it,but this one,i have bought it,and it is very unpleasant to not be able to finish it!very angry,this time!

jq134
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jq134 on May 1, 10 8:01 AM
This game was absolutely great. I hope another game comes out soon that is just as wonderful. Thank You Big Fish!

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on May 1, 10 8:29 AM
After reading some reviews, I am clearly in the minority because I will not buy after the demo. It's a good game, great graphics, BUT I had to skip many of the puzzles because of a lack of direction. The ones I figured out I enjoyed, but even the hint button does not consistently tell you how to play. How about a walk thru for dummies!!

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on May 1, 10 8:36 AM
just finished game i think but im stuck with hot tea and empty vial what do i do? went to blog but was told more to come soon. help

zed1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by zed1 on May 1, 10 8:54 AM
It is good game but things are real hard to find A marble for god sake had me stuck for 15 minutes and had to leave game on the trail period. The hints are all right but a marble.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on May 1, 10 9:01 AM
have just finished the demo - and will definately be purchasing this game.

love everything about it.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on May 1, 10 9:31 AM
I agree with the majority of players. The graphics, the skill level, and the challanges is the kind of game I am looking for. Problem: The plot is not to my liking. Why can't we have this quality of game without going into the occult. Playing this bothers my conscience and I feel we are getting too much of the macabre in our games. I love adventure, mystery, and challange, but can't we do this without delving into so much evil?

oversixty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by oversixty on May 1, 10 9:32 AM
Very good hidden object and puzzle game. I couldn't even get through the demo before I bought it. Keep more games like this coming.

dachawawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dachawawa on May 1, 10 10:58 AM
I used my game credit on this and LOVED it!!!! For me, it was perfect. The graphics were gorgeous. And the voices!!!! I really liked the voices in this one. I hope there will be more like this one.

Your Comments and Review for Deadtime Stories

[Post New]by cajunangel1946 on May 1, 10 11:12 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Deadtime Stories? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by sandy71 on May 1, 10 11:12 AM
Okay, finished making the first potion and got hooked so I bought it. So much for my "break" from buying games. This Granny likes to keep the brain sharp too

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 1, 10 2:04 PM
zed1 wrote:It is good game but things are real hard to find A marble for god sake had me stuck for 15 minutes and had to leave game on the trail period. The hints are all right but a marble.

Wait 'till you have to look for a single pearl! That's when I use a hint.

[Post New]by damiansmom on May 1, 10 2:24 PM
I can sum up my opinion of this game using just one word: WOW.

I love, love, LOVE this game!!

Everything about it is just awesome. For starters, the storyline is really and truly original. I'd had just about enough of finding clues to solve yet another not-so-engaging "mystery." And this game is the perfect antidote! For once I haven't skipped through a single scene or line of dialogue, because I actually WANT to follow the story! And yes, the actors' voices are just right. The accents are perfect, they fit the characters, and the acting itself made me actually stop and listen to the whole thing rather than hitting Skip as I normally do (since I read faster than the actors' speech). The graphics are beautiful, and the developers have actually managed to create a gloomy, creepy atmosphere WITHOUT making the objects impossible to find! (Quite an achievement, apparently, based on many other HOGs I've played!) As another user pointed out in their review, you do indeed return to certain areas several times, but this in no way detracts from your enjoyment. Each time you're looking for different items and for different reasons. The spells are perfectly integrated into the storyline. You go back and forth to various locations finding pieces needed for each spell, and each area is just challenging enough to make it fun and engaging, but not so challenging that I got frustrated. The hints charge just quickly enough; not so fast that you end up using them as a crutch, but not so slow that you get annoyed. And other than in the hidden object scenes where one item is revealed per hint, the hints still make you do most of the work; they give you suggestions but don't spell everything out word for word. You actually have to use your brain!

I bought this game without even doing the hour trial first, based on the glowing reviews, and I have not regretted that decision for even one second. I'm not even finished yet, I still have a couple of spells to go, but I just HAD to stop and post my review.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! for this wonderful game!!!!

tabsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tabsy on May 1, 10 2:29 PM
Another word of praise from me, this is a great game. Lovely graphics, story and acting and most of all challenging gameplay. Thanks BigFish!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 1, 10 3:47 PM
Well, damiansmom, a big, big welcome to the pond.

I just finished this game and came back to give my final thoughts and there
you were. You said everything I wanted to say and did it so much better.
I couldn't agree with you more.

There have got to be more games in this series, I hope, I hope, I hope.

Please, please, do more reviews and come back and visit often.

Joyce

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on May 1, 10 4:11 PM
I demo it-suprise my hour was up & not even close to finishing first portion yet. Definately a buy.
Love the graphics, the music was good, but then turn off sound so I can listen to my shows I miss working all week--about 3.5-4 hours for me--about a good 5ish for DH, who even stopped playing Syberia 2 to check this one out (that's a small miracle btw)
I give it 5 of 5

[Post New]by lostbuttrying on May 1, 10 5:01 PM
I played the demo-really liked it. Not sure if it's a buy, I'm selfish with the game credits, but did enjoy it and so will you!

[Post New]by teach1child on May 1, 10 5:42 PM
I have never posted anything to any of the forums before but just had to say this is one fantastic game!! It is superb in every way. I am hoping there will be more Deadtime Stories in the future.

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mothermayhem on May 1, 10 5:43 PM
karen876 wrote:So much for "I'm not buying any more games this month".....

Same here. Everything about this game was spot on. Hope for more like this. Even tho I try to restrict myself, it is hard when these type of games are available. Right on Big Fish!

Go to: