tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by tamk42 on Dec 14, 17 7:41 PM
Any plans for an update for this game?? I've been waiting to re-install when the bugs get fixed???

[Post New]by llchezepuff on Dec 18, 17 7:11 AM
for some reason, on level 30..it won't let me finish the road. Has anyone else had this happen?

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Dec 21, 17 5:29 PM
Ok It is now December 21st. SEVERAL people are experiencing crashing and being kicked out. I went in (like a dummy) and tried to play again and got to level 15 this time---now it's kicking me off as soon as I click on level 15. Obviously this is a case of "It's not US it's you" (game-makers) So----when should we expect a fix?

[Post New]by basilea71 on Dec 23, 17 3:41 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hey challis3 and Saxonator,

It sounds like there's been some troubles with the game closing unexpectedly either when trying to start it up or during gameplay. I'm sorry to hear this is happening! Let's see what we can do to try to get things working better.

A game closing or crashing can be caused by several different things, so let's go over some of the possibilities really quickly. Sometimes it's due to a video card driver not getting along well with the game. Checking for updates to that driver can help correct issues where that's the cause. It can also be due to the game not having the permissions it needs to properly access the files it uses. In those cases, running the game in Administrator mode can fix things up.The following links have steps for both of these subjects:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

For Windows 10 users specifically, we have some additional troubleshooting tips that may be helpful in this situation:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230458408">Windows 10</a>

Should those steps not resolve the issue, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll have the tools to take over and assist from that point. You're also always welcome to send a PM to me or any other Moderator if there are additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by chesherecat on Dec 23, 17 3:43 AM
Having same issues on Win 10 with being kicked out of the game and not able to build roads - level 13. Love the game but full of bugs so disappointed of this game wish I had never bought it!!

cowclaudia
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

WHEN is this game going to get fixed?

[Post New]by cowclaudia on Dec 28, 17 5:16 PM
There have been issues with this since day one and nothing has been done about it. This is happening on windows 7, 8 and 10 and all we hear is numerous things we have to do to OUR systems and nothing about when the developer is going to send a fix.

Love the ROR games and this is really disappointing!

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Jan 3, 18 3:00 PM
The level 6 loading screen pops up but then the game crashes. Very annoying since I just bought it on Monday.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 4, 18 1:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your continuing patience. Our Moderator team has not received any new information about possible updates or fixes for the crashing issues some players have experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused, and I want to reassure that our Moderators will make an announcement as soon as we hear anything more on this subject. Thank you for your understanding.

In the meantime, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance if the troubleshooting steps from this thread have no improved the issue. Our Moderators are also available by PM to answering any lingering questions there may be. We will do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by magnoliamoon on Jan 8, 18 9:57 AM
Kicked off on levels 17, 27 and 38 multiply time.

[Post New]by reidun70 on Jan 14, 18 2:29 PM
Arrrggh the game stops, the man in the boat is roing on land! i got no technical skills so this game is ruind for me (

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 4:28:51 AM PST

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Jan 18, 18 8:31 AM
My game just goes back to desktop at level 13, very strange, playing on Windows 7, will wait for a fix I guess. I have never had a problem with any of the Roads games before.

[Post New]by ladyred69 on Jan 27, 18 12:12 PM
I downloaded this game but it would crash and sometimes shut down my computer or just stay frozen. I deleted it and re downloaded it. The same thing happened with the second download. I have yet to be able to play the complete game. Please advise as I enjoy this game. Thanks. Martha Greer

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Jan 28, 18 7:09 PM
So basically all you are offering us is for us to change or check our systems. Is this because the game developers have said nothing is wrong on their end or are they just not saying anything at all---because that in itself says a lot.

[Post New]by borcor on Feb 12, 18 6:54 AM
Come on Big Fish-sort it out!! Constant crashing -very annoying- waste of money.

[Post New]by Coffesaurus on Feb 25, 18 5:00 PM
I'm on Windows 10 and just downloaded the game for the first time mid-February. It seems to play fine without glitches until Level 13, and a worker in a boat starts cruising around on land and tries to pick up resources and gets stuck so I'm unable to finish the level. I've try to click on the resource to uncheck it and sometimes that works, but then he cruises around some more and goes to block another resource.

Editing to add: I just got to the tail end of 13 and it completely crashed.

Edited on 02/25/2018 at 5:19:12 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 25, 18 11:35 PM
nibblet123 wrote:Having same issues on Win 10 with being kicked out of the game and not able to build roads - level 13. Love the game but full of bugs

Same here, so it's not the video card. Somethings wrong with the game itself

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 4, 18 2:17 PM
Please ask the developers for a fix as this keeps crashing during play. Very annoying

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 4, 18 3:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

We apologize for the issues some of our players have continued to experience. We have forwarded the reports from our players to the appropriate teams, but we have not yet heard anything about a potential update for the game. As soon as such information becomes available, one of our Moderators will post an announcement on the main page of the game's forum. Thank you, everyone, for your continuing patience and understanding.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Alexiell on Mar 16, 18 8:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

Same problem as the others. Game close without any warning. That's definitely a programming problem not a user problem. A game should not be release until this kind of issues are fixed. Players have build a trust and this kind of situation broke it. It's frustrating and we all have the right to be frustrated. You play for several hours and then the game does not open ! You lose all your progress. A coupon code won't do anything and won't solve the problem ! This is not a way to treat this kind of situation.

If a developer is not able to be professional and take their responsibility than they don't deserve to right to sold their games here. We can assume that much more users have this problem but just didn't post here, so it's a HUGE bug not only a little tiny buggy. This game is not fix and still on sale. That's not responsible either : /

Tip for those who cannot enter a particular level : DEACTIVATE THE GAME CURSOR - it worked for me. From my experience, game cursors are frequently the source of bugs and not using them could also prevent any intempestive closing : ))

Edited on 03/16/2018 at 12:12:09 PM PST

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lingerda on Mar 16, 18 9:38 AM
windows 10 and I get kicked out on several occasions and levels Patch anyone? I have eraised the game 4 times and reloaded it now and still the same

Go to: