Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by shawnshay on May 28, 10 5:18 PM
Loved this game, cant wait for the next one. My only suggestion for the creators, would be to make the mini games playable after the game is done. I was excited to see the locked extras at the end of the game and was very disappointed when it wasn't the mini games.

Tellah
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Tellah on May 28, 10 5:58 PM
Really loved this game, even though I think I'm 'picky' with what hidden object games I like, and I almost didn't try it because I don't really like heavy-romance stories... But I loved all the puzzles, and the characters weren't annoying like I'd feared they'd be. There's an actual plot to go along with the romantic aspects, and it made me happy. Very much looking forward to the sequel, and I think I'll even give the book this was based on a try.
Would have loved a chance to play the mini-games/puzzles as an unlockable extra too- or even the ability to skip to my favorite 'level' or something after I finished everything.

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 28, 10 6:31 PM
Rkatidid wrote:Personally, I am tired of seeing women depicted as body parts.

Hi Rkatidid - acutally, in Tiger Eye, you see a lot more of the male character's "body parts" than the female's (for instance, he's just wearing boxers in the clothes shopping activity). Our company's motto is "games designed by and created for women," and several women have emailed us saying they love the "male eye candy" aspect of the game.

Shawnshay, we're considering that idea for Part II - can't guarantee anything, but we'd love to do it

-melissa, passionfruit games

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 29, 10 7:02 AM
men never have huge bulging crotches

Sigh.....ain't THAT the truth ROFL Size DOES matter!

PS>Bad cartoons are not eye candy to me, sorry. If women are thrilled over a bad cartoon dude in boxers (FYI regular old boxers are NOT sexy in the least, they're your father's underwear), then they need to get a life.

And "designed by & created for women".....huh? Yes, tomorrow I'm going to drop everything & run off to a foreign country for a dream-predicted adventure that my pyschic powers will assist me w/ myself! And reward myself w/ a guy w/ a big bulge in his pants YAY!

When are some romance authors going to start getting that "escapism" has been done to death & try writing something more realistic to which a female can actually relate instead of roll eyes at? What's wrong w/ gritty realism & heroines who lead normal lives? The majority of casual game players are no longer 17 & flipping thru Sweet Savage Love for the wild sex scenes btwn Ginny & Steve anymore, jeez!

I'm so glad I didn't waste more than 17 min on this game, judging by the comments here.

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 7:21:20 AM PST

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on May 29, 10 10:27 AM
I kept playing and playing waiting for something dynamic, I guess, to hit me. Never did. I started skipping the storyline altogether (which I normally don't--I like to know the storylines).

Encountered a variety of mini-games but all were way too easy. I really didn't like the cartoonish-ness of it.

It did have some interesting features and I wish the developer's good luck with their next endeavor, I'd just want something less sappy and more adult.

martanded
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by martanded on May 29, 10 1:10 PM
Loved this game. Great story line. Can't wait for part two.

[Post New]by RunningQuail on May 30, 10 2:57 AM
WOW, was I impressed by Tiger Eye. Can honestly say this is one of the best games I have played on Big Fish Games. There is no doubt in my mind that when part II comes out I will be standing inline to buy this game. Congrats to the creators of this game.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on May 30, 10 7:56 AM
I'm going to add to the chorus of approval for this game. I really loved it. The puzzles were great and I really appreciated that they got harder and harder as you went on. I'm so pleased that the romance was more "adult" than is usually depicted in games such as Dream Day Wedding etc. (I'm one of those who would appreciate more bulge !!) Although being only 5 foot I don't think a 7 foot man would be my ideal!!!
I might even read the book although normally I hate romance novels.

Kudos to the developers - great storyline, great gameplay. One of the best and, like others, will be looking forward to part 2.

elenasstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by elenasstar on May 30, 10 9:48 AM
I loved this game! Can't wait for Chapter 2!

[Post New]by grandmakathy on May 30, 10 11:37 AM
I'm really enjoying this one as well. Aside from the romance aspect of it (which isn't usually my cup of tea) I'm kinda enjoying a game with a little more storyline to it. I'm pretty happy with the lenght of the game too and that doesn't usually happen. I'm looking forward to number two. Keep it up Passionfruit.

Godolfin
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Godolfin on May 30, 10 11:39 AM
Ok, so logged on under the wrong darn account again. Those post above as grandmakathy is mine. DOH!

Lunarea
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Lunarea on May 30, 10 7:09 PM
I just finished the trial and I'd put this game on my "maybe" list. There were a lot of wonderful things, but a couple things bugged me as well.

I loved the graphics. The scenes were painted and absolutely beautiful. Even the items were painted and always a part of the scene. That's great for the atmosphere, but boy was it hard to find some of the hidden items! I spent more time on the first screen than I usually do in half a demo.

The music was fitting for a romantic game, but it left me a little disappointed. Given that the story takes place in China (in the beginning, at least, I don't know if there are other locations later), I expected music to have a slightly exotic feeling to it. There was enough action and intrigue in the plot to call for some mysterious music as well. But the themes seemed to be overall happy. On the bright side, the music was well-composed and the voice-acting fit in well.

I appreciated the story, despite its occasional cheesiness. The metal "psychic" in particular was very interesting, as I've never really seen anyone use it. The story seemed a little disjointed and rushed, so the focus was on game play. I hadn't known this was based on a book (or series), but that does explain a lot - especially the pacing and having to share much information in a short span of time. In general, I often feel that characterization suffers when a game or a movie is adapted from a book. Nevertheless, I think the developers did a nice job in creating a story where the player wants to hear more.

I enjoyed the gameplay. It seemed a good mix of puzzles and hidden objects. There were also plenty of hints and no timers. As I mentioned before, I was a little annoyed about how much the object blended in and I've had to use a few hints to find the least obvious ones. Puzzles have a 2 hint, then skip option, which I really appreciated. That extra hint made me look at the puzzles in a different way and try once or twice more before thinking about giving up.

Overall, I did mostly enjoy the demo. I would definitely pick it up as a daily deal. But I'll have to ponder buying it at full price.

[Post New]by ropcak on May 30, 10 9:14 PM
I thought the game was more of a hidden object game. It is not. In my opinion there is to many games and far to much talking between the characters. Sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by ropcak on May 30, 10 9:19 PM
I thought the game was more of a hidden object game. It is not. In my opinion there are to many games and far to much talking between the characters. Sorry I bought it.

riosilk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by riosilk on May 31, 10 4:13 AM
FranklyFish wrote:
froggiefly3 wrote:how do you unlock the extras?

You have to accumulate 50 or more PSI points--I needed three runs through. Actually the extras aren't that big a deal, but there is satisfaction in getting there.

Have to accumulate 50 psi points? I am not likely ever to get there then. I kept using mine up, and hardly ever kept 20 on there. Mostly was around about 16 or so....rats!

riosilk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by riosilk on May 31, 10 4:19 AM
Rkatidid wrote:I've got a love/dislike thing going with this one. I love some aspects, but the 'romantic' stuff is horrid and women are always depicted as 3 people, where men never have huge bulging crotches. Personally, I am tired of seeing women depicted as body parts. I love the psychic stuff, and China. The games are unusual, but I turned it off when the man said he was supposed to pleasure my body, or something like that...crud.

I thought the romance thing was cute, although I must admit, I was taken aback with that kind of "warning". I don't believe I have ever seen that before...? As far as your complaint, I am not sure I understand. Women are 3 people? I didn't get that, and I didn't get that the woman was "body parts" either. I thought it was a little goofy about the "pleasuring body" thing too, but he WAS a slave, and women can be just as controlling as any man when they have unlimited power. Over-all, I thought it was sweet, and a welcome change. I am not sure I would want a steady diet of it, but I wouldn't mind more for now.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jun 2, 10 6:15 PM
Am playing the game and I just LOVE IT!!!!
Everything about it. So many minis they are fun and not too difficult. I have to admit I've stopped following the story line.
But everything else I just love. Can't wait for Part II
It's got a very good length. No glitches. Good graphics (depending on taste).
It's a different type of HOG as their is no list of items that need to be found. More like tasks to do. Thank you BFG and Big thank you to the developers!

Man it's so hard to express oneself when suffering from brain fog (fybro) forgive my writing all. I feel like such an idiot

Octor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Octor on Jun 2, 10 6:40 PM
I absolutely loved this game. The combination of hidden objects and puzzles really appealed to me, not to mention the compelling story. I will confess I haven't read a single romance book in my life (and have a Y chromosome) but if this is the kind of story you can find in romance books, sign me up! There were a ton of cinematics, all well voice-acted, and I looked forward to each one. The graphics were great, especially during the puzzles and hidden object scenes. Of special mention is the music. Apparently they did over an hour of music for the game and it shows! It never gets old. Overall, I appreciate that this game doesn't shy away from more adult themes. Not violence. Violent games are a dime a dozen (and this game does actually include some violence, part of this genre of books I suspect). But what I like is how Tiger Eye tackles adult emotion involving male-female relationships in an adult way and it's about time! It was never explicit but it was refreshing to see addressed in a game. I wouldn't object to a spicier version myself, but that would probably be a tougher sell to many.

About the only complaint I have is that the game ends on a bit of a cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what happens in part 2. Also, a couple of the objects are a little too blended into the background but I still never thought they were "cheating".

chadilia
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by chadilia on Jun 2, 10 6:43 PM
riosilk wrote:
Rkatidid wrote:I've got a love/dislike thing going with this one. I love some aspects, but the 'romantic' stuff is horrid and women are always depicted as 3 people, where men never have huge bulging crotches. Personally, I am tired of seeing women depicted as body parts. I love the psychic stuff, and China. The games are unusual, but I turned it off when the man said he was supposed to pleasure my body, or something like that...crud.

I thought the romance thing was cute, although I must admit, I was taken aback with that kind of "warning". I don't believe I have ever seen that before...? As far as your complaint, I am not sure I understand. Women are 3 people? I didn't get that, and I didn't get that the woman was "body parts" either. I thought it was a little goofy about the "pleasuring body" thing too, but he WAS a slave, and women can be just as controlling as any man when they have unlimited power. Over-all, I thought it was sweet, and a welcome change. I am not sure I would want a steady diet of it, but I wouldn't mind more for now.

I also am baffled by the "3 people" comment... will someone please explain? I think I also blushed a little when the "pleasuring body" line was mentioned but being based on a romance novel, this game actually turned out pretty tame IMO! (With that "romantic content" warning I found myself almost wishing for more... heh heh.) Anyway, I agree that the story was very sweet and this game really added to the diversity in the pond. Loved this one!

Hoochnme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Hoochnme on Jun 3, 10 1:33 PM
Hi fellow fishes. I have never posted a comment on any game before but just had to for this game. It was brill. Was a bit worried when BF said there was a bit of romance in it but if anything it added to the overall game. The mini games were plentyful and varied. Really enjoyed playing. Cant wait for Part Two. Don't keep us waiting to long BF.

Go to: