care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Heritage

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 25, 11 10:11 AM
I finally finished this game. The colors were great you need to love to read. the storyline was not the greatest, it was a little confusing in the beginning.

The length was pretty good but horrible ending.

I would not have purchased if I knew the ending.

Hope other fishies out there like this game.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Mar 28, 11 7:04 PM
Same feelings here.......liked the game but I just didn't get it!

[Post New]by rspctfl on Apr 2, 11 3:02 AM
Easy game, some nice puzzles, the story was lacking and the end was so lame that it would have been shot if it were a horse. Try something else.

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Apr 7, 11 8:42 AM
Casualgran many thanks for your usual great review (I never buy without looking for you first). And as always you mention games that I have never heard of, I have found that by looking them up I have made some great purchases. Please keep up the great reviews but best of all keep coming up with the games from the past.
Once again thanks thepurplehatlady

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 2:29 PM
rspctfl wrote:Easy game, some nice puzzles, the story was lacking and the end was so lame that it would have been shot if it were a horse. Try something else.

Hi all, I love Rspctfl's comments, they made me laugh as I remember first playing this game and feeling the same way. Not a brilliant story line, in fact a rather sad and depressing one,(how do they come up with such miserable stuff?) but I got through it and may play it one more time before deleting. Need to free up space for new and more juicy games!
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Apr 15, 11 4:37 PM
I didn't really like this game. The ****-scenes were too boring and similar, the graphics weren't that good and the story was confusing and really depressing.

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Apr 20, 11 9:07 PM
[b]really easy, finished the whole game in about 2 hours, and i was taking my sweet time because im home sick today, nice graphics but the storyline makes no sense at all and that really annoys me, not only that, i would have quit it way sooner ,probably about half way through it except i was waiting for it to make some sense in the end but it never happened.

Euro1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Euro1 on May 20, 11 1:19 PM
zoohouse wrote:Although this is the type of game that I really enjoy, I found it far too easy. I was on chapter 15 out of 20 when the hour was up. Most items were easy to find and as someone else pointed out, you are shown where everything goes. Where's the challenge in that? Not worth the money IMO. Had the potential to be great, but fell way short.

Like zoohouse, I usually really enjoy FROGs, especially when you have to travel back and forth to collect items - this one was a real disappointment - you only travel to and from 2 or max 3 adjoining rooms at a time, the fragments are blatant and you don't even get challenged on where to use them. I only kept going to find out how far I could get in the hour (just started chapter 16). Although the variety of mini games was nice, they were far too easy and there's no indication of how many more bees you need to hit on the head or how many more differences you need to find until you reach zero.

This one's definitely a no go for me - shame, because it could have been so good with a little more imagination.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 6, 11 2:36 AM
This game seemed awkward. Some items too close to edge of room, and you'd accidentally go to next room when trying to click things. Sometimes the wrong game instructions would appear with games. The story appeared to be about some creepy, not very authentic characters, and the scenes didn't seem to be about the story at all, except for the part where completing a scene gave you the next part of the story as a separate event. It was somewhat entertaining during the demo, but not enough that I would buy this, even as a DD.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 10:31 AM
Graphics – 2 stars
Story – 2 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.375 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Oct 29, 11 6:26 PM
Kind of middle of the road on this one; I'm not really impressed. The graphics are nothing to write home about and the storyline is confusing. Spoiler: In one 'memory' the baby is kidnapped from her cradle, but in another, the mother writes about telling her husband that the kid died of typhus when in fact she apparently gave her away. Which is right? Also, I spotted some typos in the diary ("husbband"? really?) which always yank me right out of my suspension of disbelief.

That said, I actually rather enjoyed the gameplay and was a little disappointed when my hour ran out. I don't think I'd pay full price, but if it's offered as a DD or CotW, I might snap it up just to see how it ends. Or at least, that's what I thought until I saw all the comments here about how pointless the ending is...maybe I'll just spare myself.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 5:36 PM
I liked the game, for some reason the fragmented **** keep me going, I like this type of variations on HOG.

Beside that the story line was not that good.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 23, 12 7:47 AM
Review based on finished game.

Actually there is not much to say about it. If you've played the original Ravenhearst you know the story, only that it's told three times over. At times the story is a bit creepy, but the end did not make much sense to me. I like FROGs, so there is a lot of fragmented stuff to find. As usual, finding objects that feel out of place is not very tricky, some objects are cleverly hidden though, sometimes on the edge of the screen, where you tend not to look.

Anyway, in this game sometimes it's not that complicated finding the fragment, but rather where to place the finished object.

Minigames are varied, but very easy throughout the game.

Bottom Line: Only recommended if you are desperately trying to find another FROG.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Aug 20, 12 1:56 PM
i really didn't like this game. the graphics were very difficult too see cos they were too tiny. i didn't enjoy the music or sound effects either. i found it very irritating that after every chapter u had to open this locket thingy. the hint system loaded to slowly. come on big fish u can do better

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Apr 1, 13 3:31 PM
Just an OK game. Not thrilling. Puzzles and HOS OK. Color and graphic's OK. Music was fine. Not a lot to say about this game.

Go to: