HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

Re:Post any Hotel technical issues here only

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Jul 30, 10 5:55 PM
I'm getting the dreaded "your computer has encountered a serious error" because both times that I tried to walk up the steps to the right of the reception area, my computer shut down completely and restarted. Microsoft error reporting refers to it as a "stop" or "blank screen" error and advises removing the software altogether. Will do! (And I'm not risking my computer on some "fix" update that obviously has problems as well.)

[Post New]by lpoetschka on Aug 4, 10 11:11 PM
Hi,

I'm at the point where I'm down the well playing the stone carving game (to complete the truth test) I can't grab any of the tiles to place them on the puzzle, I only get the option to rotate. I've tried putting the mouse in different spots, right clicking etc. If I hold the mouse button down the hand icon appears briefly, but I can't grab the tiles to move them onto the board.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a technical thing? All the other mini games have worked fine?

When the game runs a cut scene, I just get wavy green and white lines.

[Post New]by patti85stu on Nov 3, 10 1:05 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

isis1313
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by isis1313 on Dec 16, 10 12:39 AM
Hello,
It's now December and I STILL can't get this game to load, I've uninstalled so many times it's really ridiculous, and all I get is it loading then back to game manager, noticed others having the same problem, should I give up on this one?

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Mar 18, 11 8:01 PM
Have a brand new MacBook Pro, and game won't download at all. Sigh.

[Post New]by Pilot1 on Mar 19, 11 8:21 PM
I 'walk' the character to the closet in room 27 but it will does open. Can't go on with the game unless it does.

68bird
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 68bird on Apr 8, 11 9:10 AM
Not sure what is with this game. The first time I loaded it, I couldn't phone the boss. Now the second time I can, but cannot put the suitcase into the big wooden closet. Guess I won't be trying this game

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Apr 17, 11 4:40 PM
Won't load on my new MacBook Pro at all - get an error each time I try to start the game: 4/17/11 7:37:17 PM Hotel[841] Hotel Error
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script

ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/ogremac_ppc/renderer/OGRE/_ogre_.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/ogremac_ppc/renderer/OGRE/_ogre_.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Reinstalled game twice and got same result.

[Post New]by survaykat on May 4, 11 11:35 AM
My game just stops with no warning at the same spot every time! I can only get as far as looking at the first photo off of the digital camera card from the crime scene room, and the game shuts off and says "Thank you for playing" What do I do to fix this? I purchased the full game, but I can't play it. Please help!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 4, 11 12:42 PM
Welcome to the pond, survaykat!

It may help to run some quick updates for your video card driver and DirectX. There are some steps in this help article if you'd like to give this a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you have any questions on the steps, or if the trouble persists, then please contact our Customer Support team and they'll gladly assist. Customer Support can be reached anytime by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by survaykat on May 5, 11 11:22 AM
I tried everything you said and it's still not working. Ugh! I think I'll have to try that live chat =/

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Warlady1 on Jul 13, 11 11:47 AM
I can't even get the game to load.

ivanbral wrote:hey everyone!
we apologize for any inconvenience! we'll do our best to correct this asap.!

meantime, you can continue playing if you press "space" key on your keyboard. so, when "not found" is displayed, and everything disappears from the screen, just press Space and the game will resume like nothing happened.

Edited on 07/13/2011 at 11:49:18 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 13, 11 12:57 PM
Hi Warlady1!

I'd encourage you to give the steps in the following help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're still unable to load your game after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support for further assistance. (you can click on the bold words for more info)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by kernriver on Sep 27, 11 2:14 PM
It would be really nice if someone would actually post a solution to this problem rather than cutting and pasting the link to the "Game Crashing, Freezing" link. If that worked, we'd know about it from this forum. As it is, I've got an enticing game that is looking for some PPC thing on an Intel-only mac; it's the only program that does this. the logical conclusion is that it's the game's problem, not the user.

[Post New]by katiafrye on Oct 23, 11 4:31 PM
Running Mac OS X 10.6.3
Cant play game
Hotel Error
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script

ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/ogremac_ppc/renderer/OGRE/_ogre_.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/Hotel.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/ogremac_ppc/renderer/OGRE/_ogre_.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

[Post New]by enchantme57 on Sep 8, 12 11:37 AM
I put the blue stone in the right eye of the statue and then found out from a walk through that I should have put it in the left eye. How can I correct this without starting the whole game over? I can not get it to go in the left eye.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 8, 12 1:29 PM
Hi enchantme57,

Welcome to the Pond! That problem might be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You can find information on how to do that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, and you're unable to progress in the game, please let our Tech Support team know and they can assist you further.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by mustangluvstj on Sep 10, 12 5:36 AM
Am having the same problems with loading Hotel onto Mac Book Pro as every other Mac owner has said in this thread that I've read.
Might I add that no one seems to have responded to the Mac ppl, which would be kinda nice, seeing as the game is sold for Mac also.
Sooo Mac owners that have this game, have you had the issue resolved and if yes, how?
Have put a help question through to customer support but would like to resolve this if possible within the predicted 72 hr response time.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Dec 17, 12 1:50 PM
Am trying to play this on my Mac(book pro) and I get this never before seen error message whenever i try to run it at all..so it has never succesfully opened:

Shoot I tried to copy & paste but it wont allow but the first parr says
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script.

Import Error: dlopen/ and then tons of lines of stuff ending with the words but wrong architecture.

Re:Cemetery - is there a trick to rotating the light?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Aug 30, 14 9:03 AM
I placed the 5 stones, put the momento in the center and now have the "rotate" icon but it does nothing. I have clicked it and also tried holding the mouse down & rotating but nothing moves the light. Any ideas? No way do I want to restart this game! UGH!

Go to: