Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by Honey527 on May 27, 10 7:51 PM
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, all of the above. This game still does not work. I would like a refund.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on May 27, 10 8:30 PM
Well I have to say, I am getting really good at this game.

Played the trial to Ch 8 or 9 with no issues.
Bought the game and then at chapter 13 it sent me back to Ch1.
Installed the fix.
Played Chapter 1 to 18 this time. Went through the door in Ch 18 and was back at Ch 1.

I must say I am getting faster going through the chapters but I really would like to someday get to the end and see how the story plays out.

Also I cannot turn off the sound. I can get to theoptions screen but it does not hold my choices the second screen is missing when you try and save the option changes.

I have a Dell Studio running Vista.

After reading the probability that this is a Vista issue I will download the game to my other computer that is still running XP Media and see if I can finish the game.

Peace
B

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on May 27, 10 8:48 PM
brutomemo wrote:
chris122049 wrote:I was wondering which machines are having trouble with it. I have a compaq Presario with Vista.............

Yes, it looks like it is Vista only.
If you don't mind saying, what is the chapter number it shows when you are stuck? It is showing the chapter you should be at? And the mouse over "menu" or "close" actually produce some sound or graphic effect (like flashing)?

I'm sorry to report that I also got stuck with an empty locket after chapter 1 and had to quit with the task manager, but I am running XP SP3. I did have the smoke. The only button that worked was the Help button.

(But I like what I saw so far!)

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 8:50:17 PM PST

[Post New]by grace4free on May 27, 10 9:38 PM
I am also running Windows XP (Home) SP3. Did both updates and like many others, just get to the end of Chapter 1 and it freezes. So it doesn't appear to be a particular Windows OS.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on May 27, 10 10:02 PM
Well, I got much further this time after the uninstalled and reinstalled and coming in under a different name. But guess what? It did it again. What do I have to do to get through this game. I really like playing it but this is getting so frustrating when you play the first scene over and over and over again. Please BF get this fixed.

I'm using HP Windows Vista Home Premium

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 12:19:05 AM PST

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 27, 10 11:30 PM
Isn't there a place on Vista where we can run it as another program? I wonder if that would work.

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 28, 10 9:26 AM
nantyglyn and grace4free, thanks for the info. The more we test, the more it looks like the processor is skipping an event, rather than a problem specific to an Os, even if it happens with Vista more frequently.

chris122049, yes if I'm not mistaken; Right-click-> Run as...
however, by the info above it looks more like the processor is skipping an event rather than a saving issue OS related. A fix is already being tested on the many machines BFG has for testing.

Thanks again

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 28, 10 9:30 AM
Great.............I just hope you can get it fixed. I LOVE FROGS! And it's killing me to not be able to play this one..........

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 28, 10 11:25 AM
brutomemo wrote:
chris122049 wrote:I was wondering which machines are having trouble with it. I have a compaq Presario with Vista.............

Yes, it looks like it is Vista only.
If you don't mind saying, what is the chapter number it shows when you are stuck? It is showing the chapter you should be at? And the mouse over "menu" or "close" actually produce some sound or graphic effect (like flashing)?

Im on windows XP and I cant play it . it has never worked for me so its not only a vista problem

[Post New]by LisaWebster on May 28, 10 1:39 PM
I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one frustrated with this game and the fixes. We have all spent the free time continually going through chapter 1 only to have it either take us back to chapter one or freeze wasting the 60 minutes to see if we would like to buy the game. With all these problems I wouldn't spend .69 let along 6.99 for it. Take it back to the drawing board BF this is a big fat flop!

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 28, 10 3:35 PM
The problem has been found and fixed as of now. A new build will be available once all the tests are done on several different machines, to ensure the save and loading functionality on a maximum variety of computers and OS.

Again, my apologies to every one.

Reba7
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Reba7 on May 28, 10 4:46 PM
I have installed and reinstalled many times and I still can not get passed the 1st chapter.

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 28, 10 4:48 PM
Yeah! Bruto!!! I sure hope you are right...........

[Post New]by grams5b4g on May 28, 10 5:32 PM
THIS GAME STILL ISNT FIXED. HOPEFULLY WILL BE SOON. KEEP WORKING ON IT.

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 29, 10 11:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

the new fix is out! Thanks to BFG who helped in the testing as they could reproduce the issue in some of their machines.

Make sure the text "The Heritage 1.0.4" is displayed on the bottom right of the main screen. This guarantee you have the latest version.

Also thanks for you players for your continued support and patience.

All the best and have a great weekend/holiday.

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on May 29, 10 4:33 PM
Yay!!! It's finally working! Bought it and now I'm up to Chapter 6 with no problems so far. Thanks for getting this fixed

[Post New]by Bertlee on May 29, 10 5:06 PM
YES!! I finally finished the game. I lost count of how many times I had to start over. I had to start as a new player, and did not touch the locket until the end of the game. When it came up I closed that screen and continued to play. At the end, I went back to read all the entries in the locket.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 30, 10 3:06 AM
Hello and thank you!
The locket problem seems to be solved with version 1.0.4.
Can't say for sure, cos I've just been demo'ing for the umpteenth time into chapter 1.
As I have been testing with 2 player profiles, I noticed: Now the game doesn't remember the music and sound settings. I believe I didn't have this problem the first time I downloaded the game. Both settings go back to Zero, each time, both players, and already when I return to the menu only - via "Quit and Save".

brutomemo wrote:Hi Everyone,

the new fix is out! Thanks to BFG who helped in the testing as they could reproduce the issue in some of their machines.

Make sure the text "The Heritage 1.0.4" is displayed on the bottom right of the main screen. This guarantee you have the latest version.

Also thanks for you players for your continued support and patience.

All the best and have a great weekend/holiday.

terri88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by terri88 on May 30, 10 5:19 AM
thanks for fixing it!!!
i have now been able to play this game all the way through!!

thanks again

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on May 30, 10 7:16 AM
Good Morning Big Fish and my Little Fish gaming fanatics!! A big HIP HOP HOOOORAAAAY that we're now able to play this game. After reading the Moderator's recent post that a new version (1.0.4) is available, I redownloaded the 'demo' and - surprisingly with 36 minutes left of playing time and tentacles crossed - was able to FINALLY advance to chapter 3 or 4 (can't remember which). Following all the issues the game was having when it first released, I posted that even if the game should get fixed, I didn't think that I would purchase it. But the thought came to me that at 30% off all ($6.99) games for the weekend, why get bent out of shape at paying $3 and some change?!? With BF's 96% - 98% performance rate (using this rate for the sake of my point), I have absolutely NO complaints (this is the FIRST game in over a year of membership that this situation has happened). Kudos to BF and the game's producer(s) for addressing all the unhappy responses, fin & lip flappings and nose-slammings against the tank's glass!!

Happy Memorial Day and will see ya round. . .and round. . .and round the pond!!

[color=#993400]
Oh, and ps: Is it my imagination or did annyone else notice that the husband's profile in the locket seem to resemble that of Bruno Memo's profile on the game producer's logo page at the beginning of the game?

Go to: