bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Aug 5, 10 2:17 PM
Same issue here for MAC

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 5, 10 4:16 PM
Wrazzled wrote:Well, now that terih has both bought the game and replied here, Mac users now know that this glitch---clicking on the strategy guide stops the game and brings us to the walkthrough (wow!)---is not related to the demo but is a major glitch.

Worse than a major glitch. According to CS there is no strategy guide or bonus levels…
"…we can confirm there is no Strategy Guide for this Collector's Edition as a Mac game. We are working to change the messaging and content on the site so it's no longer advertised as a part of the Collector's Edition experience.

The current Collector's Edition bonus content includes:

Music
Wallpaper
Screen Saver
Concept Art

There are no bonus levels and no integrated Strategy Guide. "

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Aug 5, 10 11:39 PM
Well CS is wrong..not about the build in strategy guide since there is not one in the game, eventhough there is a in game button and it's been advertised.

But there are bonus levels. After the main story ends, you get access to the extra content section. But the extra content, which are as stated, is still locked and in order to get access to them you have to play extra levels first. So I'm guessing those are bonus levels.

I'm wondering if players have a right to refund since the product is not as advertised. I know quite a lot of people buy CE's for the integrated strategy guide..the game has been advertised as having one, but after buying you find out that there is none. I expect a full product as advertised and I'm not getting one.

I'm even wondering if there is one in the pc game, since I read a lot of complaints about people getting errors when trying to access the in game strategy guide there and from what I gathered they still have not fixed that.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 6, 10 12:41 AM
Mentalistlvr wrote:

I'm wondering if players have a right to refund since the product is not as advertised. I know quite a lot of people buy CE's for the integrated strategy guide..the game has been advertised as having one, but after buying you find out that there is none. I expect a full product as advertised and I'm not getting one.

I'm even wondering if there is one in the pc game, since I read a lot of complaints about people getting errors when trying to access the in game strategy guide there and from what I gathered they still have not fixed that.

If I had bought the game I would definitely be requesting a refund on the basis the game falsely advertised its content.

There were some PC players who said they were able to access the guide, one even said how nice it was that they did not have to leave the game to use it, so I guess there was one.

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Aug 13, 10 3:37 PM
I've got the same audio problem as in Elixer of Immortality.

After some time of gameplay the music is still there but the sound effects are gone.

[Post New]by silverclouds on Aug 16, 10 6:46 PM
I have a Mac OS X. I played for the 60 minutes, of course for this game you can't go far in 60 minutes. Purchased the game and found there is problems with the Game.
I went to Quick Time and downloaded a new QT, then CleanMyMac (free @ Apple), Stuffit Expander (Systems/Disk Utilities@Apple). Then I was able to fill the oil can, WOW. Now the game is just a bucket of worms, six hours later- (I was further on the 60 min.) I changed names, reinstalled the game, cleaned my Mac, read every POST
hoping that there would be a way for me to get to the end. The game will be deleted and that's how I got to the end. Since May to August is enough time for a fix.
PJR

[Post New]by bluevervain on Dec 24, 10 4:36 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
I keyed in the code on the owl statue and the bookcase/secret door opened, but I didn't get the rune the guide says is at the base of it.
I can't remember exactly but I have a feeling that you get the rune automatically. The one that most peope miss is the first one at the elevator.

Evidently not, as I definitely don't have it. I only discovered I didn't have it when I went to unlock the final door and found I was missing a rune, so if I had gotten it automatically, the issue would never have come up. It was the fact that I didn't have the rune that led me to check the strategy guide to find out where it was, backtrack to the owl statue to get it, and find that I could no longer access that area. So no, it's not automatic. I wish it had been.

I suppose I could try restarting the game and playing it through again to see if I can grab the rune before I open the door, but after spending so many hours to get to that point only to get locked out, I;m too annoyed to bother. In fact, I haven't played the game since.

[Post New]by actionnewsat5 on Feb 23, 11 8:59 AM
Strategy Guide - quits the game and takes me to the internet walkthrough site-slowly. Will you advise people who already bought this game of any fixes available, please.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 4, 11 7:04 PM
I bought this game a long time ago when it came out and have only now (March 2011) started to play it and wouldn't you know, I"m having the same problem as everyone else--can't get to the strategy guide. I'm going to write to CS right now and ask for a refund or a partial refund because after all this time there's obviously no fix for this and this is robbery.

I NEVER EVER use strategy guides. I also RARELY buy CEs (and my non-use of SGs is part of the reason why). But I bought this game based on the beauty of the graphics and because I like the developers and wanted to support them. I only wanted to access the SG to see what it looked like, since I PAID for it...but now I can't get to it!

So regardless of the fact that it is about 99% unlikely that i would actually USE the SG to play, I want it, I paid for it, and I"m requesting a refund for the fact that I cannot access it.

I'm really quite disgusted; one of my few CE purchases, I wait a long time to play (because I wanted to play this excellent game when I was really in the mood and could concentrate on it fully) and lo, I'm missing half my extra content!

Great.

[Post New]by pam64024 on Apr 6, 11 3:21 AM
I am stuck on level 12 find hidden objects in the estate. I need the coffee grinder it says it is in right hand corner but nothing is there. I am suppose to have a purse with letters and a chair with sewing they do not come up or are there. I just bought this game so I am asumming no update is needed. This is the 2nd game I have that is not any fun because they do not work right. Please answer

[Post New]by Denny_71 on Apr 7, 11 12:38 PM
I finished the game and beat the bonus level. I want to play the bonus level again, but it has disappeared. I can still access the bonus content(screensaver, wallpaper, etc.), but I cannot play the game.

[Post New]by missyandhooter on Sep 3, 11 6:25 PM
This game freezes when I push something! Every time! I wait and wait..it finally plays, UNTIL I try to go up..or down...
Please HELP!

[Post New]by Hamish_MacEwan on Sep 14, 11 12:49 AM
Denny_71 wrote:I finished the game and beat the bonus level. I want to play the bonus level again, but it has disappeared. I can still access the bonus content(screensaver, wallpaper, etc.), but I cannot play the game.
Ditto.

[Post New]by copycop on Sep 18, 11 5:48 PM
I finished the game The Lost Town Collectors but can't get into the Extra's. The game freezes everytime. I bought the full version.

[Post New]by LadyJag on Nov 20, 11 8:06 PM
having trouble with extra bonus game, won't open. I've played the game twice and it still won't open. Help?

[Post New]by 8chakra on May 4, 12 4:26 PM
I cannot access the strategy Guide.on this game as others have stated. When I purchased the game a year ago it worked fine. I have the current Adobe Flash version. I wonder if the one of their updates disabled the Guide??? since the game worked fine when purchased. Adobe frequently update their player and I have had problems with other programs after they update....Whatever

[Post New]by slaraway on Dec 17, 12 6:45 PM
I can't access the extra content after finishing the game Souls of the Innocent, CE. Igot into the extra content once, but after playing again under the same profile, it wont let me access the extra content. Just music and screensavers.

Is the solution to play the game under different profiles each time to insure you will have access to collectors edition extra levels?

Using brand new PC with Window 7.

[Post New]by PUZZLED_CA on Jan 30, 13 9:45 PM
Just installed game, so I presume it's latest version.
Strategy guide opens, but paging takes "forever".

I'm totally stuck in the forge with the masks game.
Everytime I try to play it crashes.

Have had no problems with other games.

Go to: