Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Faded Reality

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 28, 12 3:25 PM
(Based on most of the demo): Oh, how I wanted to like this game! But I found the items in the HOS so minuscule (tiny doesn't even begin to describe them) that I discovered all I was doing was waiting for the HINT Button to recharge.

Why bother? Sometimes I couldn't find the item even after it had been pointed out. I was clicking in the general area and hoping. That is not fun.

If I can't even complete the HOS without so many hints I'm not going to enjoy this game and I want to enjoy them! Duh!

I can't even give a review as I couldn't get far enough to really get into the story, if there is one. At first I thought it might be like Enlightenus, one of my favorite games, but no.

I'm happy that some people like the game. I wish I did.

I'm sorry. This one gets a thumbs-down. Please, BF - please offer some games for people whose eyes don't work as well as they used to.

And one extra for the headache I got while trying to squint and focus to find those itsy-bitsy items.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 23, 12 6:09 AM
Boy, didn't even make it through the first HOS. Too "cartoony". Felt like I was just transported to an old **** and Jane first reader. Definately not my style so its a no buy for me even as a DD.

[Post New]by nordeast1 on Nov 24, 12 6:27 PM
I can't even get it to work, load, play
I have explorer 9= windows 7
how can i fix this

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 24, 12 11:46 PM
(Based on part of the game): I posted a negative review for this game but bought it as a DD by mistake.

I tried playing it again and I have to admit that I am enjoying myself. I like the story; I want to know what happens.

I am having problems finding all the items in the HOS but that is probably due to my poor eyesight.

The music is great. I really like it.

I like the puzzles with the lamps. They aren't difficult - just interesting.

Except for the poor spelling and grammar (is this a foreign game?) along with my poor eyesight, I am finding the game to be quite relaxing and certainly worth a trial.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 29, 12 6:40 AM
Review based upon completion of the game.

I bought this during a daily deal because it looked like a different concept from the standard HOG that was common back in 2010. The twist is that you will have to find 10 letters on the object list to insert them into the "description" of some items. What the screenshots did not tell me was that the game was horribly repetitive.

The Good:

+ colourful backgrounds
+ most items true to size and fitting with the environment
+ lamp puzzle
+ letter search and the piecing together of the final clue

The Neutral:

o main character looked reasonably attractive
o hint refilled reasonably fast

The Bad:

- disappointing ending
- story only told through clippings that you find
- repetitive mini puzzles
- for the "find the shapes puzzle" (that you repeat like 12 times) I had to find a personal "additional challenge" (like insert all three items at once) in order to not fall asleep

Bottom Line: Only bother with it if you are still into straight HOGs, and then only while it's on daily deal.

Go to: