Re:Your Comments and Review for The Inquisitor

[Post New]by jkwerner on Jun 7, 10 10:07 AM
Well, I unfortunately bought this game without reviewing first. Boy, was that a mistake. This game is sooo boring I don't think I can stand going through the whole thing. Really, Really Bad.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 7, 10 3:12 PM
I am surprised at the plethora of negative comments for this game. I admit that I was put off by the opening narrative and a tad offended. I'm glad I stuck with it, however, for all is not what it seems - it turns out I was misunderstanding the thrust of the story at the time.

This is a story-driven game. The cut scenes are two-tone drawings that scroll by with text at the bottom. It takes a long time for the words to pass, so I recommend clicking on the SKIP button, then reading it all in your journal - Every single word from the cut scenes will be there, and you can read it at your own pace that way

The graphics for this game are quite nice, with my only qualm being that some scenes are dark, and items can be VERY hard to find, even with hints. Still, the overall tone of the game fits well with the artwork, and the plot sufficiently eerie enough to keep me interested.

This is an interactive hidden object game, so there is a bit of wandering around, but not as much as in some of the IHOG-adventures.

I was unhappy with some of the plot points, but since the game is from a specific time in history, those points were very appropriate. Overall, I give the game a thumbs up I bought the game after only 45 minutes

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 9, 10 9:36 AM
Just finished the demo. Great graphics, the story seems quite interesting, never turns on the music on so I can't say anything about it. Anyway, it looks like a great game, the point is : how long is it ???? I really would like to buy it. Anybody finished it ? Is it worth the price ?? Ouch ! My credits are burning my pocket !

Irishroan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Irishroan on Jun 11, 10 7:11 AM
What a snooze! My biggest frustration is that the cut scenes are way too long. On top of that the graphics are muddy and flat and the story is very melodramatic with no reason.

To be fair, I only played for 35 minutes but was so bored I just called it quits.

Be warned - this game has some technical issues and it is not well thought out. The play is more random and you feel like your rambling around looking for the direction - which adds to the slowness of the overall experience.

cfddutchie
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by cfddutchie on Jun 11, 10 2:28 PM
I'm sorry but I thought it was to dark, not a fun game and boring.

[Post New]by BigCheese55 on Jun 11, 10 3:05 PM
Just finished the entire game. Way too slow. Not enough challenge (except for finding hidden objects that were so blended in with the dark colors of the scenery that there was no way to see them. Usually that was on one or two a scene.) Too much storytelling, not enough playing. End was very anti-climatic.

[Post New]by BellaSwan_Cullen on Jun 11, 10 4:34 PM
The game loaded very quickly, so that was a pleasant suprise. Not too bad a story. Graphics and imager way too dull for me. I started playing the demo in the afternoon, then decided to wait until nightfall to continue. That didn't seem to make much of a difference. I quickly got very bored, and did not e ven bother to continue beyond 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I'd just completed playing Puppetshow: Souls of the Innocent CE. To go from that kind of IHOG to The Inquisitor, well, .... Very big shoes to fill! I wouldn't buy it or $6,99. Maybe for $2,99 ,I'd consider it, but then I'd have to have no other choices!

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 4:40:15 PM PST

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Jun 13, 10 7:37 PM
I agree with most everyone I like to story and the games even did the 16 slide puzzle and even got to the well, but what really got me was the ending it just did not deliver and I use and game credit ( I am sorry I paid for it) was really disappointed. I have not yet learned to read the comment and review on the demo. thank you for everyone input

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 17, 10 9:29 PM
By PrimeGames, Daedalic Entertainment

One hour demo. This game had an intriguing story line which made me want to try it. Alas.

The music and locations befit the story. Music was hymn-like voices, horns or strings ranging from soft to mild crescendo. Locations were gray on grays with touches of brown; dull but mainly clear.

Options included effects and music volume, full screen and mute all. The introduction was over 3 minutes long and can only be skipped, not clicked through. Cutscenes were similar. There are no voices.

There were about 12 objects per location; text was in a serif font which may make it difficult for some people to read. Once found, objects were crossed out, as opposed to being removed from the list. Objects were not cleverly hidden; however, there was a lot of color on color, some small objects, and objects that did not look recognizable. Even after using a hint, some objects were hard to see. The cursor was picky with regards to clicks. Also, three random or inaccurate clicks within 6 seconds caused the cursor to swirl around for a couple of seconds. Incorrect clicks are known by audio form only (and of course, not picking up anything).

The menu bar at bottom was not explained. On the left there is a journal, and an archway icon that offers continue, options, or exit. On the right is a candlestick that replays dialog and the cross that symbolizes hints. Hint refresh took about 60 seconds and was only visually clued, not audible.

Some cursor waving is required to determine where to go or what to do. Mini games are included, and instructions or at least a hint is given in text form once you start. They may not be skipped.

The game is not timed, yet high scores are offered on the menu/home page. There is some monologue that can not be clicked through nor skipped.

This game may appeal to those interested in the theme. A walk through is available at http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-inquisitor-walkthrough/

meb71
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

What Happens in the Final Scene?

[Post New]by meb71 on Jun 17, 10 10:43 PM
This game stopped working for me and wants me to start over from the beginning. I was on the final scene - what happens to the characters?

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Jun 18, 10 10:38 PM
This game may be OK , but I don't know as I cannot get it to run! See the comments under "Technical Issue"

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Jun 29, 10 8:16 PM
The graphics are rediculously terrible and I have an awesome monitor. This game was deleted immediately.........blah

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 4, 10 1:51 PM
After 3 weeks of frustration (access violation, game frozen) I was, at long last, able to play the game. I love the graphics and the story. Objects are pretty difficult to find, and you can't skip the mini games. (actually I'm stuck trying to restore the shield, I'm not too good at that). I'm not too keen either of "find the differences" and there are plenty of them. Anyway I do like the game, it doesn't go into my "best" but in my really "good ones".

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Jul 18, 10 5:08 AM
Wish I hadn't bothered. It kept freezing and forgetting where I'd last been when I logged back on... it missed out a chunk in the middle entirely at one point so I had no idea what was going on. Also some of the items I found didn't work when clicked on but when I used a hint it was the same thing I'd just tried :s REALLY annoying.
Some of the scenes are so dark that I have to move the laptop around to see the picture properly and some of the items are so well hidden they are hardly visible.
I've got as far as the slide puzzle but am going to uninstall as I really can't be bothered any more.
I would say... don't waste your money.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Finished Game

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jul 20, 10 3:19 PM
I would have to agree with everyone else..Game is too dark in places and hard to find hidden objects..Has good story line but not so good ending..

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 5, 10 10:48 AM
Just wanted to add that I only finished the game in august and with the help of my daughter, last time I buy a game with no skip button. I'm not clever enough for that type of game. Otherwise I like the story, the graphics but I could have screamed with the last puzzle.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on May 28, 11 7:01 AM
I played about three minutes of the demo when it first came out, and never went back to it until recently. I think I just might buy this one. The nitpickers are technically right, but the "Inquisitor" title is more instantly recognizable. I am sure that's why it was used. I love the storyline. And, so far, I have not found ONE spelling error! that is almost worth the price of the game Also, some inquisitors did have a heart and I am sure some of them went rogue so to speak, when the perceived an injustice. We did not live back then, so all we can rely on is history.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 18, 11 11:56 PM
I bought this game back at the beginning of the year when there was a sale. I finally got back to it in the last three days. This, in my opinion, is a really bad game. I stuck with it to the end so that I could say to myself that I finished. I am now deleting and will never look backward. Very long and boring cut scenes. Extremely muddy graphics. Really stupid storyline and ending. Rotting bodies polluting a pond and poisoning a town........ And again, absolutely terrible graphics. Well, I am done and am erasing this turkey as I speak. Sorry BF and developers got five bucks from me.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Oct 16, 11 6:42 AM
Nice atmosphere and storyline. Gameplay not spectacular but still worth the price. The only thing I disliked were the EXTREMELY ANNOYING cut scenes. They are VERY long and go by VERY slowly. Normally I do not like to skip cut scenes but with this game I had to or go insane.

That being said, I did not find the H0 scenes all that bad; I have encountered games in the past in which "hidden object" should more accurately have been called "invisible object," but this game is not one of them. Also I did not have the darkness issue that I see a lot of people have complained about; the brightness level is perfectly fine.

All in all, I'm not sorry I spent the money on it. It isn't the best game ever, but it is by far not the worst either. On a scale of one to ten I would probably give it a seven; it would have scored higher had they done a better job on the cut scenes.

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 8:18:02 AM PST

[Post New]by MeenFangrl on May 11, 12 4:46 PM
I love the story, and I want to find out what happens at the end, but I can't get past the slide puzzle, so I will never know the ending unless someone can tell me. :'( please PM me if you know because I'm not going to finish the game.

Oh, and I hated the STD mini-games. I got frustrated trying to find the tiny differences. On one of the puzzles, I clicked the Hint button several times to try to find what was so different about one object. I had to look at a walkthrough to see what I was missing.

Other than that, those are my only complaints. Sorry BFG, you won't get a review of the full game from me since I'm not going to complete it. It's not very fun because of the gameplay.

Again, someone please tell me how the game ends. That's all I want to know.

Go to: