Senior Citizens sign in!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 21, 17 5:43 AM
With the world leader stamp on passport, I also got a star on my face on the level I'm playing. I can see one on my friends faces too, even the ones who haven't played in over a year. So I don't know if the world leader bit is for unlocking all current cities or for everyone.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Sep 21, 17 5:53 AM
I didn't get that world leader stamp... Am in Berlin after restarting the game on my iPad.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 21, 17 7:20 AM
Congratulations to you "World Leaders" you know who you are! Hey Jules, just out of curiosity about your iPad issue, I'm using an iPad 3 with the 32gig memory and haven't had any of the problems you've been seeing, some of my friends have older iPads with 16gigs and they've had some of your issues with certain games. Just a thought.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 21, 17 8:37 AM
Just about to log off, stayed up longer than I should but tired now. Just saw your post, my ipad is also an ipad 3, its also a 32gb. I have no issues with the ipad in any other respect, battery life great, memory not full, ipad in good nick been always looked after, never given me a problem, bought it the day this model was released and thats a fair few years ago now, running the latest IOS etc. Would like a new model, but as there is nothing wrong with this one, no reason to just go and buy the latest. No idea why, but is only on GD it has these issues. Nothing else whatsoever. Anyway, off for some sleep now.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 21, 17 9:02 AM
Okay, it must be a game issue because the only time I had a similar issue was last year when I was playing "Mobile Strike" very system intensive.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 21, 17 9:26 AM
Thanks for your advice.
I've finally chosen Cannes ...
Back to th festival

[Post New]by NancyKnits on Sep 21, 17 10:16 AM
I am a retired senior pushing 70. What I enjoy about Gummy Drop is the variety. I am currently building Tokyo and find it more difficult than Sydney. But I am enjoying the challenge! Don't recommend playing before bed. You tend to dream in gold bars, blue mortar boards, and pink gems. Lol

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 21, 17 11:28 AM
I'm playing two versions of GD, and thought I had no problems with the most recent upgrade. However, my Facebook version required that I pay to open the Sydney shipping port (again) and for more coins to increase the port to maximum capacity, a step I have yet to take. I originally opened the port prior to moving on to Tokyo, months ago. I've submitted the problem to the support peeps. Anyone else encounter a similar problem?

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 21, 17 1:11 PM
Hello NancyKnits, welcome to the senior citizens thread. As you can see by the number of pages we've been at this for awhile. Since you're in Tokyo I will give you a few tips; if you have reached level 45 you can open the drill so that you can trade resources for green gems, you will need them as you progress with the game. Also one of the best tips from our pro players on here is when you first open a level don't make a move right away, study the layout to see if you can get a boost on the first move, if not you can then hit the green button in the upper left corner then hit the red X to back out and start over without losing a life.

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 1:12:36 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 21, 17 2:51 PM
A quick word for those helpful people adding to the "requirements for monuments" thread. I guess you know but once you add a message it would be great if you could delete that message once the updates to the various cities are done then the thread will be much easier to read. Many thanks to the contributors, I'm sure lots of players are thankful for that advance notice!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 21, 17 5:44 PM
There's a nice surprise in Sydney I just found earlier today. Some of the new Helping Hands are not levels to play. Just click them and you'll get a pile of resources. Look for the ones that have no path leading up to them.

Has anyone noticed that the Earthquake boost seems to be gone? I haven't checked the Store, but it doesn't appear anymore in levels where it used to. I liked that boost!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 21, 17 6:00 PM
Thanks lawaters, I just went back to Sydney to have. Look and there are 5 figures that you just tap on and they give you a heap of resources - very clever!!

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 6:02:17 PM PST

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 21, 17 6:02 PM
It was a fun surprise! And I just checked and the Quake boost is still there. It just doesn't show up during level play like before.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 21, 17 6:20 PM
Big thanks ? to lawaters - yippee - FREE goodies

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 21, 17 7:29 PM
You're welcome kailuaauntie! It was fun to have good news to share. I'm such a geek about GD, I still get excited about the helicopter drops in the cities.

nlphouston
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nlphouston on Sep 21, 17 7:51 PM
Thanks lawaters. I doubt I would have noticed this without your pointing it out.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 21, 17 8:45 PM
Thanks lawaters, that was pretty sharp catching that, like nlphouston I don't think I would have noticed them either.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 21, 17 9:27 PM
@nlphouston and @GamingGrampa - I'm just glad to have had something to add here. You all have posted tips that helped me a lot.

I was tapping to see if the costs were different for the Helping Hands. Felt like a kid getting the prize in the cereal box or Cracker Jack.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 21, 17 9:44 PM
Right back at you, lawaters. A while back you posted a list of what it would cost to complete New Orleans, marie1931 and I found it "educational"! Just wondering what city you're doing now, Trav3lbird and I have been building a thread about the resource requirements for monuments in each city and a lot of them before Monaco have no info, we've been asking players to send us a PM when they complete a monument. We can really use the help.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 21, 17 10:21 PM
GamingGrampa - Sure, I'd be glad to help. On my phone I'm close to the end of Seoul, but left it via travel vouchers for Amsterdam. With the latest GD gift I opened Hawaii. On my iPad I'm almost done with New Delhi. I'll check out that thread and PM results for any not listed.

Go to: