Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 3, 10 10:48 AM
The graphics are okay. The gameplay is pretty standard M3 with some miscellaneous clicking to serve orders and get money. It's like a combination of Diner Rush and a M3 game. There is a title error: when you unlock the cowgirl, she is titled the clown and the clown is titled the cowgirl. There are speciality coffees to unlock as many side order items (donuts, cupcakes, salads and sandwichs). If I cared more about coffee, I am sure this game would appeal to me more.

This game is a B-.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 3, 10 3:09 PM
Not even a cupcake for me....

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Oct 3, 10 8:25 PM
My review after Demo:

Level: Easy.

Playability : Poor. Could be my computer, but it got very sluggish after about 5 minutes of play. I stopped, restarted the game later, it did the same thing again. I've had similar problems with Coffee Rush 1.

Likes: I loved Coffee Rush1, even if it was sluggish after a while. I also love coffee!

Dislikes: I am very disappointed in this newer version. I miss being able to shop for my new recipes and upgrades. I abhor the slide puzzle game, and it takes too long for the Skip Game option to load. I thought being able to click on extra money would be a nice bonus, but what's the point if you don't need it to buy new things? Just a higher score? I also miss some of the quirky characters from the old game, and don't want to play a minigame to unlock new ones.

Recommendations: Watch your ingredients to make your matches and don't forget to send them to the customers and pick up the money.

Will I buy it? Unfortunately not. I've been waiting for Coffee Rush 2 ever since Mr. Smokestack promised he'd be back in CR1, but this game has changed too much for me to like it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 4, 10 12:53 PM
I have bought the first coffee rush game for several months, but never finished it. The game is very similar in gameplay and not really my cup of tea. I don`t like, that its so slow - and I can play this game only in window mode (or in fullscreen, but in this mode I see only 40 % from the game).

ms_spock
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by ms_spock on Oct 4, 10 3:07 PM
I wouldn't recommend that you buy this game until they update it with the patches to fix the "bugs" ... notably level 12 in the slow mode and level 55 in the fast mode.
Mega thumbs (or fins) down for me, at the moment. Darn! at least I wish I'd waited for my credits before I bought it.

Go to: