bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Incredible Adventures of my Mom

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 4, 10 12:05 AM
Help Mrs. Burley, and her detective son Sammy, as they dive into the Incredible Adventures of My Mom, a fun Hidden Object game! After the Chief of police is kidnapped, Sammy is put in charge of an extremely dangerous case. Mrs. Burley decides to travel to Italy to help look after her son and ends up in an Incredible Adventure. Travel to beautiful Italy and experience once in a lifetime excitement!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Incredible Adventures of my Mom

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Oct 4, 10 12:13 AM

Looks like fun.

Got my fingers crossed.

Angel

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 4, 10 12:19 AM
Me too! Am downloading now.....

ETA: The game downloaded and played fine for me but it just is not my cup a tea. A couple of years ago I might have been really happy with this one but my tastes have changed and I need more of a challenge these days.

This is a straight HOG with a tiny bit of interaction (open cupboard door, turn on a light that was about it in the first 30 minutes). The graphics are bright and clear - it would definitely be a lighthearted story. I didn't play long enough to encounter any mini games (well, one safe that wasn't really a mini game at all) but I would venture a guess that if there are any mini games they won't be too difficult. HOG scenes are fairly easy.

For those who like this one, have fun!! For others like myself, there is always hope that tomorrow will be our day (although I have been beginning to wonder about that the past few weeks!! LOL)

Cheerio!!

Edited on 10/04/2010 at 1:16:51 AM PST

mommykim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

It won't download

[Post New]by mommykim on Oct 4, 10 12:24 AM
I have tried 4 times this has never happened before

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Oct 4, 10 12:29 AM
I DOWNLOADED THE GAME AND GET AN ERROR MESSAGE AGAIN ON ANOTHER GAME. THIS SEEM LIKE A NEVER ENDING STORY.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 4, 10 12:31 AM
There seems to be a theme developing here. The game won't run for me. I have done all the usual things, reboot, uninstall, reinstall etc. All I get is a black screen forever. The game will not start?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 4, 10 12:42 AM
My comments after downloading perfectly and playing for 30 minutes. The screen width can be altered, will help some people that have found this to be a problem. The music is not annoying but I thought repetive. Reasonable easy HOG scenes, but is that really a suitcase? LOL. Predictable with having an idea of what you would have to find for the next list. I do not want to spoil it so you will see what I mean by various items of the same type lying around. The hint recharges pretty quickly,( I wanted to try it out). If an item looks out of place it is probably on the list. A definite buy if you want a lighthearted game, the problem is that I cannot guage the length without a walkthrough. Apparently there is a bonus game as when I pressed the about button it showed a sign for bonus game. Will buy if I feel the length is ok. Happy gaming
Sorry, forgot to say the graphics are very crisp and clear and could be considered an IHOG. I am not as good as some of you on my reviews but hope that this helps.

Edited on 10/04/2010 at 12:48:56 AM PST

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Oct 4, 10 12:56 AM
I did the beta of this and thought it was quite good but had a lot of mistakes with the items to be found names .
I told them this in my questionaire and will be looking to see if anything has changed.
I will report back when I have tried the game .

dcaj
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dcaj on Oct 4, 10 1:03 AM
Same as some of the posts, black screen.. Will delete and NOT reinstall..

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 4, 10 1:12 AM
This is a very nice game. The graphics are very clear, and items are easy to find. There are mini games, and hint fills up fast. I also like the fact that the skip button fills up very fast. I will have to see how long the game is, before I buy. I enjoyed my 1 hour demo.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Oct 4, 10 1:23 AM

For a good laugh, misclick too many times!

Very light hearted and fun.

Enjoyed my demo.

A few annoyances, like the sound when you find something, the exactness needed when using inventory items, a few minor vocabulary issues.

You just KNOW she is going to get into all kinds of trouble before this is over

This one goes on my maybe list.

Angel

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 4, 10 2:13 AM
Not sure which thread to put my comments, I guess leave Reviews for those who have played the whole game, length, glitches, difficulty etc.

I enjoyed my hour, I don't take my games so seriously as the pros here. I'd just say that if this is a game you would have liked a year ago, then that would imply that new gamers to the genre, or those who don't care for dark gruesome stuff, well here's a great little interactive HOG one to start with. Or, those who struggle through games with teeny faded out objects challenging you to hit hint more times than desired. Or those who find complicated puzzles between hog scenes a turnoff so skip skip skip.

I thought the Mother concept was rather tongue in cheek for humor. Cleaning up clutter in every place she goes is just what most (I said most) mothers would do, and especially if it is after a beloved son who rarely calls home. It's those games with a young highly educated career woman who are commanded to fix their boss a meal or clean up his mess before she can even perform her own talents that drive me close to Exit. I got a widowed born mom friend who could slip right into this role easily, so it's believable for me.

There is some "stop and think" to interact us use some inventory, wet a sponge to clean his badge, but wait, must think how to do that, what to use. And a Hint may just say Interact with something or try another location. Oh...what, where? How do I get there. Adventure 101. And just when the music was monotonous and you go outside the music fades to barely hearing it out in the yard. Plus for that music edit.

Loaded on XP with 512ram min req just fine. There is a widescreen option so anxious to try it on W7 laptop, that is a rare feature. OK, for nit pickers let me be first to point out his name Burley is spelled Berley or however, with an e on his badge. Now you got me editing copy slowing me down. Italian music was nice for environment on Main page, but sadly switched to some soft jazz on next scenes, unless I'm just not up on what's "in" in Italy these days, lost some ambiance leading to Mute if I went more than the hour later.

The right game for color, objects big enough to identify, casual beginners or intermediate for just some light hearted entertainment (sign me up there). I'm sure there are some zany adventures up ahead if they can pull it off right and not let me down.
(out of space, cont)

Edited on 10/04/2010 at 2:24:04 AM PST

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Oct 4, 10 2:15 AM
Well I played 58 minutes and then got "access violation " so I have deleted it.
They have changed some of the item names but not all its an okay game but not for me .

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 4, 10 2:23 AM
NOTE TO DEVS
Main neg for me is how an item immediately blips off the list when hit right. But if hitting the wrong item thinking it looks like what you guess it is, there it goes off the list before you know what it was. No penalty for misclicks, but I consider that one because I should be able to see or know what I just found by random or my error. Especially if the same item is in a subsequent scene.

The list items may be a bit "off" from what we'd call them, like "screw" I'd call a corkscrew, had to use a hint on that and some others. I did guess what your suitcase was only by process of elimination. But maybe that is part of the challenge.

I'd rate it very good for quality, clear graphics, user friendly, a good amount of work went into this. This is just my demo impression with 2 min left. If I decide to buy not important how long it is. In fact, if too easy or boring the shorter the better so it doesn't get tedious. I like games I can play to the end in one sitting in continuity, so this may be one of those for me. I'd say I'm an experienced intermediate, long time player but I was entertained for the hour, it held my interest and smooth going, no walkthrough needed (so far LOL)

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Oct 4, 10 2:57 AM
Someone asked about getting the keys to work in the doors, you have to be patient and try them all over the door, there is no specific place to put it and you have to try all over the darn door, it was very frustrating for me to at first I thought that it was a glitch until I hit on just the right spot that they wanted you to....

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Oct 4, 10 3:25 AM
This HOG has an interesting premise; a mother looking for her son instead of the other way around. However, you really have to disregard reality if you think 1) that her son is a detective in Italy and 2) that his mother is going to go chasing after him and the mafia. The HOG part is pretty easy; difficulity in finding objects is due to 'hidden in plain sight', rather than obscure art; graphics are sharp and attractive.
This is trying to be an iHOG somewhat, but the 'tasks' just feel like busy work.
I beta'd this game, and it was chock full of translation mistakes, and it looks like they cleaned up much of those (labeling vinyl records as "plates"!).
I know the mother (who looks more like a grandma) is supposed to be amusing, but I just don't care about her adventures enough to finish this game.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 4, 10 5:01 AM
For those of you having problems with a black screen or other tech issues, the best place to post those is in the thread titled "post technical issues only here" so the tech people spot thrends quickly.

Also, instead of just dumping the game in the trashcan, use the "We're here to help" link in the right column - the tech people really ARE here to help, and they will bend over backwards to walk you through getting the game to run on your computer. Please don't expect instant answers, though - it's not a Live Chat help, and it can take a day or two for them to get to you, but they WILL get to you.

Customer Service at BFG really lives up to it's name, so please give them a chance to fix your problems.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 4, 10 5:28 AM
Well, if he is old enough to be a detective, I'd guess she is old enough to be a gramma, he must be a bachelor unless later we find there's a mother-in-law problem. I thought it in character she still calls him my boy, and must take fresh vegies for a growing boy, and can't leave home without all those pictures of him.

Is her adventure any more absurd than our trite characters dropping life to enter time machines to save grampa or daddy from some magic event. All of them rummage through stranger's rooms with no search warrant, open safes and locked chests. Nobody is ever around to catch our snoopers. I think we got so used to accepting outlandish stories and tasks it's a stretch to have Mother do the same.

Anyway, I posted on the other thread my thoughts so far, but I think I'll stay over here at the kids' table where there are a few that did like the game, or thought it was a little fun. Mainly I wanted to report that IT HAS A WIDE SCREEN OPTION that really works on my Win7 15.6 widescreen laptop!!! It fills the screen side to side, no black borders. That alone makes it a BUY for me. Stretch distortions are too minor to even notice, other than a round clock may be a little wider. The graphics are clear, crisp, colorful and big enough to see for once. Like I said on other thread, at this point I don't care if it's tic tac toe it's a buy. This is just the 4th game of over 200 that the dev put the widescreen option in settings. A few others do, but when you click Wide they shrink even narrower.

So, I'm having some light entertainment and happy to see a good game for new players to learn, Adventure 101, very player friendly. No tech problems so far, but if your game won't open or black screen, try right clicking on GMgr, on menu don't open, click on run as Administrator, that may work if you get access denied. Or, black screen maybe just not waiting long enough to open. I've got only the min 512 ram on my xp pc so chances are it may minimize on me after more chapters. Then you just have to dump some temp files, disk cleanup too maybe, restart then resume game.

As for mumsy taking off to help solve her son's case, maybe in the 2 years she hasn't seen him she's been watching too many old Murder She Wrote or Mrs Marple? Got to give some creative license here Going back to see what games are supposed to look like on my new laptop. And, good one to spend a bonus coupon on I haven't used yet from August, what's to lose?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 4, 10 5:39 AM
Oh the keys on the doors. I found they work if you put them high on the door, not down where a keyhole would be. Same with keys on pegs on that board, place them higher up from the hook to drop down. Hope that helps. A few times when there was a sparkly area I had to click around a few times to open up to something.

If you start and there is an empty items list, just click on Items at the top tab and then words appear, unless there is something you had to do first. Once I just had to click the journal and read, close it, then a list appeared.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Oct 4, 10 6:41 PM
Puzzledone mentioned Murder She Wrote or Mrs. Marple......I was thinking Mrs. Pollifax !!! LOL !!!

Go to: