Honey633
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

spices in the pot

[Post New]by Honey633 on Oct 4, 10 12:35 PM
What's the trick to putting the spices in the pot!?!?! I have tried everything!!

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:spices in the pot

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Oct 4, 10 1:36 PM
I just had this problem too. What I had to do was exit out of the stove scene, and try to exit the door. Then go back to the stove, and it worked, got the spices in the pot. I had to do it with the oil and leaf too. Good Luck

shortgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by shortgal on Oct 4, 10 7:23 PM
I am having the same problem with the spices, I tried what Mrs Skippy said, but it didnt work.The spices kept going back to the list.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 5, 10 4:17 AM
One of the other threads had a hint to click oustide the pot each time, and it worked for me. For every new kind of ingredient, just click on the recipe again, then close the recipe, then click on the spice and it will go right into the pot. Crazy, but it worked. I had to do that for the first spice, then again for the oil, and again for the bay leaf.

shortgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by shortgal on Oct 5, 10 11:21 AM
Ok, now this is get frustrating. I tried what Sin and Mrs. Skippy suggested and neither idea works. The only thing that happens is the old woman keeps saying "No this is not the recipe.It will not work.

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 11:24:17 AM PST

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Oct 5, 10 12:22 PM
What I found is you had to make sure to put in spices [not bay laurel leaf but other spices and not garlic as that is considered a vegetable in this game] one at a time and after each addition, click on 'Mom's' comment regarding the addition of the spice. In this way you get to add them all, one at a time.

It is a challenging game that way. Often if you find things will not go into something, try clicking on Mom's dialogue bubble.

Also there are many weird labels for things. One example is that 'garnet' stands for 'pomegranate' in the market scene but for a grenade in the scene in front of the Antique Store.

Good luck,
Happy Gaming!

shortgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by shortgal on Oct 5, 10 4:26 PM
Ty Sheila, after clicking on moms diaglogue and exceeding at cutting the walnut, it finally worked and I could move on. Thanks again everyone

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 4:27:40 PM PST

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 5, 10 6:17 PM
Thats really weird you are having that problem. I had no issues.
The only thing I found was to make sure thaat Mom's comment box is gone

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 6, 10 4:07 PM
One of the things I found is in dealing with the purple leaves, I thought they were chopped up and kept trying to put in pot and needed to chop them up. Then they went into the pot just fine.

esthers2
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by esthers2 on Oct 11, 10 11:22 AM
have to light the fire first and then get the knife and chop each one
now i am at the oil but cannot open it so can't get it in

gailssong
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by gailssong on Nov 7, 10 1:03 AM
Yes I was ready to quit was so frustrated tried all your great tips nothing worked. Turned out it was the bunch of spices. Just like you.... I hadnt cut them up altho i thought i had. I was so frustrated I didnt play it for over a week. then tonight I did and tried cutting up the bunch of spices ( with the purple) and everything went in. I know i had tried cutting them and it wouldnt let me for some reason. But I am glad I didnt have to delete this game it was fun up until this. But it was fun and now i am working on the bonus game
So....just be sure everything is cut up!!!Thanks everyone for trying to help!

Go to: