bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 5, 10 12:05 AM
Step into Venus' world and help her win another Grand Slam championship while she's being hounded by an unknown stalker. Solve the mystery by unlocking clues and playing exciting Hidden Object games. Get an insider's view on Venus' life and passions, which include tennis, interior and fashion design, and dogs in Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen. Help Venus win her championship, and put on a fantastic fashion show!

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 10:45:52 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 5, 10 12:23 AM
11 minutes proved too much for me. It may appeal to tennis fans or 10 year old girls but....tedium ensued. Oh how I long for a quality HOG.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 5, 10 12:30 AM
I completely agree! The silly 30 seconds of for mis-clicks and the pixel hunt to find the photo images.....
Not my cup of tea!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 5, 10 12:46 AM
I only downloaded this because I am a big tennis fan. Not sure what I was expecting but that wasn't it LOL

wipeyourpaws
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by wipeyourpaws on Oct 5, 10 1:01 AM
I tried to like this game, but after 34 minutes of play ,
I deleted, far too many spot the difference for me personally,
other wise the game played fine, graphics were crisp & clear,
No problems at all

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Oct 5, 10 1:06 AM
This game is terrible! I still had 22 minutes left on the demo and it said I would have to purchase it to play the rest. I hated taking the photos as the cursor was so sensitive you had to get it just right which was really fiddley.

The chapters flew by in a matter of mere minutes. This game would probably only last a fast gamer about an hour that I can see.

This game may be some of the fishies cup of tea, but it sure isn't mine.

Geez, I am getting pretty bored, I want an exciting, fun game. Oh well, maybe tomorrow?

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 1:07:29 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 5, 10 1:15 AM
I am going to heed your comments and pass on this one, but also partly because I find the topic of Venus Williams being STALKED in a computer game tacky, distasteful and just a really bad idea in general.

On a good note: Mudrock says that FINALLY Mystery Age: The Dark Priests AND the SE version of EAP: The Black Cat will be here this week. I certainly hope so, I am getting downright despondent about the recent offerings. Please, BF, give me hope!!

shadowfax

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 1:16:18 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 5, 10 1:24 AM
Spot the odd is right! I personally do not like STD's, in this case when I had completed 1 and another came straight after did it for me! As has been said, taking the pics one needs to be VERY accurate, I found this a little frustrating. Not a buy for me today.
Can someone please tell me how you get to know what is coming out on BFG? Thank you in advance

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 5, 10 1:27 AM
Every Monday someone named mudrock posts in the CCC about a few of the games that will be coming out during the week. I have never been successful in finding out if he is a BFG employee or not, but his posts seem pretty accurate.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 5, 10 1:55 AM
To find Mudrock's posts, click on the Chit-Chat Corner tab at the top of this screen, then look at the first few sticky threads at the top of the list. He posts on Monday afternoons (usually - he has a brand-new baby in the house, so his timing could be a bit later occasionally) and his threads always start out with the date and something alliterative with his name. This week's thread is "October 4 - Mudrock's Multi Masks."

And yes, based on Mudrock's comments in his thread, where he refers to "we" when talking about BFG, I'd say he's certainly an employee.

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 1:58:20 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 5, 10 1:59 AM
He is with the company and my impression is since its founding. Picman jokes about him from time to time, remember last week the sale, oops no sale, oops we'll let you know when, then said blame Mudrock and his fat finger whatever that means (?) May be head of sales and promotions but don't quote me, I read a lot of articles and posts but memory is more like aged Swiss cheese. Best do your own detective work to blow his cover LOL.
His Monday inside tips about what games are coming is off occasionally, when he named Reincarnations2 way early

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 5, 10 1:59 AM
sinshack wrote:To find Mudrock's posts, click on the Chit-Chat Corner tab at the top of this screen, then look at the first few sticky threads at the top of the list. He posts on Monday afternoons (usually - he has a brand-new baby in the house, so his timing could be a bit later occasionally) and his threads always start out with the date and something alliterative with his name. This week's thread is "October 4 - Mudrock's Multi Masks."

And yes, based on Mudrock's comments in his thread, where he refers to "we" when talking about BFG, I'd say he's certainly an employee.
Thank you Sinshack for that. Great screen name by the way

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Oct 5, 10 2:25 AM
wipeyourpaws wrote:I tried to like this game, but after 34 minutes of play ,
I deleted, far too many spot the difference for me personally,
other wise the game played fine, graphics were crisp & clear,
No problems at all
me to a load of rubbish besstan

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Oct 5, 10 4:12 AM
I decided not to try this game after reading the reviews. Thanks for saving me the disappointment!!

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Oct 5, 10 4:54 AM
I'll always give a game a trial (maybe the exeption being one that is obviously aimed at very young gamers...which I definately am not!) BUT...although I tried my best to find something to enjoy, I failed

I hope that Venus doesn't expect this game to enhance her reputation....in all honesty, including a STALKER is in my point of view (I'm being careful not to upset anyones sensibilities here ) more than a little "tacky"! (sorry, that's an English word for tasteless)

The whole experience dragged on & I didn't even use up the hours trial, the curser was very sensitive, the "spot the difference" scenes had obscure changes....I could elaborate, but enough...

I hoped, as someone who loves the game of tennis, that this game would have plenty to offer me...sadly not!

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Oct 5, 10 6:10 AM
Anyone know what her birthday is so I can get to chapter 2?

Mamaduke

Zurenda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Zurenda on Oct 5, 10 7:32 AM
[b]Any game that i have to play with the mouse to get a picture, I don't want I really disappointed in this 1. I did even get 10 minute in when I said the Hell with it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 5, 10 9:30 AM
dcairns wrote:This game is terrible! I still had 22 minutes left on the demo
No you didn't. It's a sample version which isn't timed. "For one hour " isn't specified as it doesn't apply.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Oct 5, 10 1:14 PM
mamaduke63 wrote:Anyone know what her birthday is so I can get to chapter 2?

Mamaduke

It is June 17th.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 5, 10 1:57 PM
Littleswimmer wrote:I decided not to try this game after reading the reviews. Thanks for saving me the disappointment!!

Come on Littleswimmer, download, and try the 1 hr demo. Try it for yourself. Join your fellow Fishes who did, and remember the old saying, "misery loves company". By the way, nice screen name.

Go to: