autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

RPG Gamer Reviews For- Rainblood: Town of Death

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Oct 5, 10 3:34 PM
Hi, I am an avid RPG gamer and would like to hear other RPG gamer's post their reviews here so I can read their thoughts....i am currently downloading and will post as I finish my trial.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Re:RPG Gamer Reviews For- Rainblood: Town of Death

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Oct 5, 10 5:26 PM
Okay, Aveyond it isn't, but WOW!I I loved this game.

First off the drawings are dark, bleak, and a little hard to disseminate 9the last part was the only part I had a problem with). But the story is like on of those Martial Arts movies and kept me engrossed. Fortunately there are arrows all thru the town showing you buildings you can enter into and the white silhouettes are townsfolk you can converse with. The first part in the town I got around and questioned a few people and killed a bunch ghost servant's. I also got to kill Dada and progressed to leaving the town before my trial ended. This game is wonderful. It has the same setup in controls as Aveyond and the other RPG games so that was easy and I fought and killed a bunch of servants before the trial was up. All I can say is save frequently. I reached a headless man and his saw carrying co-hort. They are very tough to kill. I am beginning to wish I had saved in a different slot because I overwrote my earlier story and I don't think I am strong enough yet to defeat these two baddies but I will continue the good fight or restart it......one of the two. This is a definate buy. You can read the whole story as it goes along in the Organization manual and you can upgrade skills using the other manual (can't remember the other name but just read YER books .....anywho, music is good and you can just turn off the sound if you don't like it. Also the opening screen when you first hit play to play the game will give you the option if you want to play in windowed or full screen. You can use either mouse or arrow keys....I love my arrow keys and I personally think it would be hard to navigate using your mouse in this game. BUT I also recommend using the free hour trial. This game is not a cutesy......but it is a keepsy! I will be purchasing it when I narrow down my list of what to buy this month.......(in the effort to control autumn_leaf's spending!) I absolutely like this game and will be getting it........if you would like to make a donation to the autumn_leaf want's to buy every game she sees.........foundation .......i will be posting some hints as how to defeat the first few servant's since I saw a lot of people had trouble doing it, but not here since I do not wish to be a spoiler! Have a great gaming experience and please feel free to post your reviews of this game......

Have a great day! Autumn_leaf

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Oct 5, 10 6:17 PM
Yes, this isn't sweet and pretty Aveyond but I liked the minimalistic graphics....not sure what they reminded me of but it certainly created a moody and somber atmosphere.
I will be buying tomorrow because Dadadadumbo has offended my Hero's honor and must be put down. Lol.
I also thought it quite novel that Soul has such a high experience level and some very fine magic/martial skills. No grinding required, what an unusual relief !

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Oct 6, 10 7:34 PM
I enjoy this game also. It is a little bleak but I like the graphics. They reminds me of anime.

I haven't conquered DaDaDaDa yet but I will. It usually takes me a little while to get used to the skills and how to use them. It is quite unusal for both the hero and the enemies to be so strong at the beginning but that's okay. This one will be a challenge for me and it will take me a little while to play.

I know a lot of people complained about this game but I like to play many different kinds of games. Rainblood is a different type of game for a game site like this but it should not be downgraded because it is not a hidden object or adventure game. I don't care much for all the types of games that are on this site but I wouldn't denigrate those type of game because I know many people do like them. If people didn't play them, developers wouldn't make them.

Thanks for the change of game type Big Fish.

ogjennyjen
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by ogjennyjen on Oct 15, 10 9:22 PM
I have also bought this game. I love RPGs and this one is different from my usual Aveyondish game plays. I admit that this type of graphics may not be to everyone's liking but for me it was different in an interesting way. The storyline grabbed me and once my free hour was up, I immediately purchased the game (I couldn't wait for my credit). The fighting sequences need more thought. You need a strategy instead of approaching it as just hit, hit, hit, health potion, hit, hit, etc. For gamers who want to try a different RPG, you should give this a try. For gamers who are new to RPGs I may not recommend this as the first game you play to jump into the pond. That is my 2

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 5, 10 1:14 PM
Bought this game and currently fighting Tu. So far I find it an amazing game with a beautiful artwork, an even more beautiful soundtrack and a very nice -and very traditional epic oriental- storyline.

There are some parts with long dialogues, but the plot is good enough as to read them.

The battles and the few puzzles require some thinking and not just kamikaze attacking. Although I would advise to upgrade skills, you can beat some pretty tough guys with patience and strategy.

Upgrading is relatively simple, especially as the number of skills is quite limited (so far at least), which maked the available skills effective and more to the point than in other games where you might get lost with the variety of choices.

You also have the option to combine your own potions to obtain more complex compounds; IMHO this is a great way to manage your resources as you wish.

...And I love the dark, nostalgic atmosphere; the classical romanticism of "doomed" hero -antihero- who despite his tough nature is moved by love and his code of honor!

The only thing that "worries" me is whether the game play time will be short. But I guess its sometimes good to be left wanting more.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 5, 10 4:08 PM
It is short (around 3.5 hours)...

but I still love this game.

Besides, the end is promising

Go to: