bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Update! New Version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White October 5, 2010

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 5, 10 4:41 PM
We have a new version of Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White available now. This new version of the game fixes the corrupt file issue.

WARNING: Previous save-game data will be removed on installation.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Re:Update! New Version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White October 5, 2010

[Post New]by ShellLady on Oct 5, 10 4:49 PM
Yeah, can't wait to play again. Thanks for fixing the problems.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Re:Update! New Version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White October 5, 2010

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 5, 10 5:40 PM
Thank you.
Where is the link for the installation of the new version?

thackrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by thackrk on Oct 5, 10 7:03 PM
Nope game still fails to start....trial worked till I paid then nothing have uninstalled and reinstalled....update everything...

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 10:49:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Fletchersmum on Oct 6, 10 6:10 AM
Have now tried to download this on three separate occassions, still will not open - very frustrating!!!

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Oct 7, 10 11:01 AM
I bought this game with the sale code yesterday. When I demoed it recently, I had no problems with the game at all. After I bought it, and tried to start the game last night, it would not open either. First time I thought maybe I didn't click on the Play Now button, but when it wouldn't open the second time either, I decided to check the forum. I have had this computer with Windows 7 64 bit since mid February, and never had trouble with any game, old or new, playing. After reading the posts that said the game still wouldn't play after reinstalling, I didn't hold much hope that it would work for me either--and figured I would have to contact CS. I have never had to contact them because of a game not playing. Anyway, I did uninstall this morning, and reinstalled, and it worked! The game started, and I played a little while. Yayyyyy!!! For those of you who uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and still could not get it to play---did you uninstall by using the game manager? I always uninstall through the control panel. I don't know if that made a difference for me, but if you didn't use control panel, you could try it----and then try reinstalling again. Just a suggestion. Good Luck and thank you to BF for the new version which obviously fixed my problem!

bobbiberta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiberta on Oct 7, 10 5:03 PM
Same thing happened here -- I played the demo with NO problem, even leaving and exiting a couple of times -- opened right back up! Then, when my time ran out, I purchased the game using a free code from my "punchcard rewards." Now the game will not open -- it goes to the black screen, then immediately back to my desktop! I uninstalled, and re-installed, to no avail.

Great -- you get hooked on a game, want to play it, buy it, and now can't play it. Disgusting... I will wait a couple of days to see if another "fix" actually fixes it. If not, will be asking for a credit.

SPIRIT59
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by SPIRIT59 on Oct 8, 10 2:23 PM
I just bought this game today ! because the update worked!! Oh yeah ! and so worth the effert and wait !! Thanks BF for fixing it !! GOOOO

Edited on 10/08/2010 at 2:30:38 PM PST

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Oct 8, 10 5:05 PM
Fletchersmum wrote:Have now tried to download this on three separate occassions, still will not open - very frustrating!!!

try changing your screen resolution down to 800 X 600 before you start the game!

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Oct 8, 10 5:06 PM
thackrk wrote:Nope game still fails to start....trial worked till I paid then nothing have uninstalled and reinstalled....update everything...

try changing your screen resolution to 800X600 before you start the game!

bobbiberta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiberta on Oct 9, 10 1:17 PM
Thank you -- that actually worked! Kind of a pain to have to keep switching back and forth, but if it lets me play the game, I'm all for it!

Thanks again.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 9, 10 1:25 PM
Wow! Version 5! I missed this. Try 1024*768 or 1280*960 instead of 800*600. Same aspect ratio.

boa519
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

I installed the update 3x nothing is better in fact its worse

[Post New]by boa519 on Oct 14, 10 3:26 PM
Ok I uninstall and download VMWW 3X. I have activated the game I get a message that a game is already started. i get out of it and push play the screen turns black quickly and then it a screen asking if I want to play the game again I push it and then nothing happens. I would like to finish the game. Please Help

[Post New]by Lightbrz on Oct 15, 10 4:08 PM
I have now uninstalled 3 times and installed 4 times and I am still getting the same black screen and no game just the "would you like to play again". I do not want to have to mess with my graphics settings just to play a game. Please fix this issue as I was looking forward to playing this game. It's 4pm on the West Coast on October 15.

bgtts
Clownfish
Clownfish
610 Posts

[Post New]by bgtts on Oct 17, 10 8:16 AM
FYI I purchased Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White after the new version. Was doing well until the labyrinth doors. I exited and when I went back in, I was at the start of the game. The following is the msge from tech help:

"Not to worry, below you will find a link to the Victorian Mysteries Woman in White Forums. The Big Fish Games Forums are an excellent resource where you’re encouraged to ask questions about our games, share tips, and connect with other players and game fans. By posting a question about a specific game puzzle or level in the forums, you can reach experienced players who may have the answer you’re looking for.

Victorian Mysteries Woman in White Forums

Here is a also a complete walkthrough for Victorian Mysteries Woman in White that might help you out.

Victorian Mysteries Woman in White Walkthrough

Go ahead and give this a try and check back with me on your progress. If you continue to experience any problems with this game I would be more than happy to explore the situation further until we work a working solution. Of course if you continue to experience any further issues, I would be happy to issue a free coupon as a replacement for this game. If you have any further questions feel free to get a hold of me at any time. You can respond directly to this email."

Sorry, but I found this a "lame" answer!

Finally broke down and uninstalled, reinstalled (over half hour), changed profile and played from start to end.

There is a glitch in this game if one has to change profiles and replay from the start!

Good luck to the rest of you!! PS on intel MacBook Pro 10.6.4

[Post New]by garbski on Oct 17, 10 11:34 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled it today (10/17) - I can't change my resolution because it will carp everything else up. All it does is start and then flash a few times, and then the "Do you want to play the game again" screen shows up. Very sad....

Talloulah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Talloulah on Oct 18, 10 9:32 AM
I have tried three times to uninstall and install this game and it still isn't working. Help!!!

[Post New]by BlueBird08 on Oct 19, 10 10:10 AM
I have recently purchased this game. I am using the Mac version and have got as far as mixing the paint. Unfortunately it does not allow me to mix the paint. I can only pick up the mixing stone but not able to mix and advance. Would someone help me? I am not sure what to do.

Thanks
Blue

[Post New]by garbski on Oct 20, 10 4:06 PM
Yay! I used another uninstaller and installed again. I lost my saved game but I'm back in business!

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Oct 20, 10 5:07 PM
For me, and my computer this game still does not work. Black screen and back to game manager asking if I want to play again. I really wanted to play this game but if I can' play demo I'm out of luck.

Go to: