bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 5, 10 4:44 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

helpme60
Clownfish
Clownfish
708 Posts

Re:Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by helpme60 on Oct 6, 10 7:31 AM
The newest version issued on 10/5 still does the same thing the last version did. "There is nothing to do here now"..will not let me go to the Balcony or the Boatyard and I've done everything there is do EVERYWHERE else.

I did uninstall the last version, installed the new version, used a different player name this time. Uninstalled the new version, reinstalled the new version, used a different player name and AGAIN the same thing happens.

I will never buy another Freezetag Game !

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Oct 6, 10 10:28 AM
Same problem here. Worked fine up until the same point. Disappointed I thought it was fixed with the new version.

[Post New]by jennydawn7405 on Oct 7, 10 12:19 PM
me too, same problem. I want my money back!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 7, 10 1:26 PM
Hey Fishies,

If you've uninstalled and reinstalled to get the newest version (10/05) and have also started with a new player profile, but still cannot progress, please contact Customer Support so that they can replace this game for you.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by LSRTJLT on Oct 8, 10 3:53 PM
Telling us to visit the green envelope is not specific enough. It is worse than being put on hold then being passed from person to person. Please be specific abouit where to go to request refund for faulty game... very disappointing.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 8, 10 4:01 PM
Hey LSRTJLT,

After clicking the green envelope to the right of the screen, click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Hope that helps.

-bfgArnoStyx

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Oct 9, 10 2:47 PM
the game just wouldn't work for me. Kept bringing me back to "thanks for playing you have 60 minutes left" tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Oh well another game shot in the ****!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Oct 9, 10 4:49 PM
Cut me off at beginning of last chapter. I have been playing and enjoying this game most of the day off and on without any problems at all. THEN Just as I was trying unsuccessfully to hang the chimes on the clock and ready too start the final chapter I was cut off and when I tried to start again, it started at the beginning all except for the journal which was up to date. I tried everything. No luck. Now what? Please advise

[Post New]by gun11ner on Oct 9, 10 5:44 PM
While trying to paint the picture it will not cross off the #1 colors so I can not go on. What is the problem. Please help!! Thank You

MarinaBlu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MarinaBlu on Oct 9, 10 7:44 PM
I just installed this program yesterday and I got to the graveyard. I did everything it said I needed to do in the walkthrough for this section, but it will not let me through the gate. It says, "You have unfinished business." I picked up the letter from the gravestone, then tried to go through the gate.

All the other areas say, "there is nothing else to do here." And I can't go back any farther than the church and the church yard. I got the ladder rungs and put together the pieces of the letter in the back of the church, got the crowbar and went through to the graveyard.

Did I miss something?

[Post New]by nilmdts on Oct 9, 10 10:28 PM
I can't go through gate either, and i get the same message...... someone help please, i would like to finish this game.

pattb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pattb on Oct 10, 10 7:27 AM
Im tired and frustrated, I enjoyed the game up till the graveyard where I was not allowed thru the gate. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and started all over...I got to the part where I need to put together the fishing reel, realized that I had not retreived the spool went back to retrieve the part and it will not allow me in.....this game is no longer fun..I will be looking for the little green envelope!!!!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Oct 10, 10 10:04 AM
Is anyone else having trouble saving the game and having it open in the correct location? I downloaded the new version, played until I got to the second house, then exited the game for the night. The next day, when I opened the game to play, I was back at the first house with all the items from the second house, and got the dreaded 'There is nothing left to do here' regardless of location. I'm stumped! Guess I'll try uninstalling, reinstalling and then playing again under a new name. Pretty soon I'll have this game memorized!

[Post New]by buddygrandma on Oct 10, 10 10:29 AM
i just uninstalled and reinstalled this game...now it won't let me into the garden/lake/or anyother places i was before although the journal is up to date...and now am trying to figure out how to get a refund

[Post New]by Redcrake on Oct 10, 10 5:59 PM
I just purchased this game today and when I shut the game off I was in the graveyard. When I restarted the game I was back in the house with NO way to get back to the graveyard where I need to be, please help.

[Post New]by Redcrake on Oct 10, 10 6:10 PM
cagamenut wrote:Is anyone else having trouble saving the game and having it open in the correct location? I downloaded the new version, played until I got to the second house, then exited the game for the night. The next day, when I opened the game to play, I was back at the first house with all the items from the second house, and got the dreaded 'There is nothing left to do here' regardless of location. I'm stumped! Guess I'll try uninstalling, reinstalling and then playing again under a new name. Pretty soon I'll have this game memorized!

Yes same problem here, and this is with the new version.

MarinaBlu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MarinaBlu on Oct 10, 10 9:12 PM
I finally got thru the gate! I had to uninstall, reinstall and create a new character, the old character still did not work.
I have now finished it twice. It works great with a cool ending.

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Oct 10, 10 9:41 PM
I am also stuck in this game. I am supposed to pick up the Spool Handle "J" in the garden. I must have missed it the first time there while collecting the other items but I just can't get back to that screen. I can see the spool handle in the walkthrough screen shot but it is not in my screen, nothing sparkles, and I am told that 'there is nothing to do here at the moment. It also sounds as though the new version is not going to be any better, it's a shame I was enjoying this one.

[Post New]by rereandtc on Oct 11, 10 8:08 AM
Tried the 60 minute free play. I have 10 minutes left to play but I only got to play 5 minutes! It took 25 minutes to load the first chapeter then froze at the first hidden object scene. this am loaded a little faster but froze after the first hidden object scene was completed. what a shame! It seemed like a great game. I always play the free hour before buying for this reason. Have had the same thing happen with other games

Go to: