Zuzu & Pirates

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Zuzu & Pirates

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 6, 10 12:05 AM
Defend Zuzu from the pirates! Find the stolen honey, and build a castle to protect your Zuzu family in Zuzu & Pirates! Journey to the amazing Zuzuland in this fun Hidden Object game! Meet cute characters as you build up defenses and prepare a strategy to deal with the evil flying pirates. Stop the enemies from taking even more of the treasures of the Zuzu!

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Zuzu & Pirates

[Post New]by dcairns on Oct 6, 10 12:27 AM
Are you kidding me? What is going on BFG? Another atrocious game that I tried for 10 minutes and deleted.

I am dying for a good game to play, but lately there has been nothing of substance.

Others may enjoy this one, but I sure didn't.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 6, 10 12:31 AM
I am beginning to wonder if we IHOG fans are being punished for something. This is the worst streak that I can remember... I think there have been 4 games I want in a 5 week period or close to it - and two of those were CEs that I am waiting to be released in SE version.

What the heck is going on???

ETA: There is a one day subscriber's sale today and ONE game I want to buy - WHAT A BUMMER!!!!!

What do you want to bet I get cyber-tarred & feathered for this post!?

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 12:34:00 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Oct 6, 10 12:41 AM
Usually I try to find the good in a game or game(s) but I can't find anything good of late when it comes to the offerrings here the past few weeks. I'm losing my interest and have even reverted to my Nintendo DS to pass my leisure time! A new Professor Layton is keeping me happy -- not any games I've downloaded here, that's for sure!

The only good thing with this run of horrible games is I'm saving bunches of money!

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 12:42:35 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 6, 10 12:51 AM

I gave this a good demo endurance time but my overwelming impression is that the graphics were very clear but just plain UGLY.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Oct 6, 10 12:53 AM
Oh, my. Yesterday the Venus Wiliams vanity project. Today, this. Oh, my. The game is a junkpile HOG with a little pirate shooting involved on the side. The HOG scenes are fairly blurry and older eyes may have a problem. It is definitely a game for children. The characters and the plot are aimed at a young audience. But I would not purchase this game for my 7-year-old godson -- he would find it boring (it moves very slowly) and childish (he is a huge fan of Star Wars).

Yesterday some people were wondering about the lack of good games and BF's motives for have a $4.99 sale today. After seeing this game, I, too, am beginning to wonder what is going on.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Oct 6, 10 12:56 AM
Seriously?

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Oct 6, 10 1:07 AM
You got to be kidding me. I am saving a lot of money also. This is another terrible game. I been getting up at 2am in the morning just hoping for a good game. Things are getting worse instead of better.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 6, 10 1:07 AM
AAAaaarrrrggghhh!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Oct 6, 10 1:12 AM
I think Big Fish should just give up on publishing a game every day and start paying attention to QUALITY, not QUANTITY. Can you imagine the kind of money they are losing by us downloading these horrid games and then deleting them? I would much rather have one quality game than 10 or 15 'worthless' games and I think most of you, from what I read between the lines, would agree. It's quality that matters to gamers, not quantity. It's just a waste of space and time.

[Post New]by stormyyskyy on Oct 6, 10 1:15 AM
For the past MONTH i've been reverting back to the total list of each genre of games. i'm working my way through adventure right now, but that is the only reason i'm still downloading games. from what others have said i expect to be disappointed with this game, so things can only get better from here.
Edit: I was wrong. it was worse. I played 6 minutes (including through one round of the invading pirates that CANT DIE) & hit delete. If i ever see a person talking like in this game i'm lible to run screaming in the opposite direction. bring back the GOOD games!

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 1:27:31 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 6, 10 1:16 AM
Zuzu and the what??? Sheeh, after all the "shining reviews", dont think I will bother even downloading it. My bank called and asked why I havent been using my credit card lately. LOL My hubbies is sooooooo happy Oh well guess I will have to go back and re-play Drawn. Seiously hope things pick up soon.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 6, 10 1:30 AM
My first thought was "What nice music, I like that" ...

ing while I'm waiting ...

OK now you have picked yourselves up off the floor I will continue .

While the graphics looked reasonable I did not find some of the objects very easy to see and had to use a couple of hints which are rechargeable thankfully. The custom cursor felt strange to use ... well it did have a bee attached to it by an invisible string ... but it worked OK.

While you are finding objects (which can be hidden as I found out when I was in the attic) if the alarm sounds you have to go and defend your honey from the pirates. The only thing I will say about this part of the game is that the pirates will be bathing in honey for many years to come as they escaped with sooooooo much of mine as fast mouse movements were required to stop them. I then decided to quit the game before I lost all the honey Zuzu starved.

Sorry developers not a game for me.

Cherb

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Oct 6, 10 1:46 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmm really starting to think of moving to another site.
Games recently have been utter rubbish.
Come on BFG pull your socks up or you just might find lots of fishies jumping out of your food pool!!!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Oct 6, 10 1:57 AM
utter rubish never give us another game like this it a kids game
come on lets see some better games for my fishie friends and me besstan

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 6, 10 2:11 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I am beginning to wonder if we IHOG fans are being punished for something. This is the worst streak that I can remember... I think there have been 4 games I want in a 5 week period or close to it -

What do you want to bet I get cyber-tarred & feathered for this post!?

I said something very similar a few days ago and got blasted for it. I keep waiting and waiting but...................

Edit, still I had to try it didn't I. !0 minutes in and deleted. I sure hope the person who chooses our games comes back from holiday soon!

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 2:21:11 AM PST

jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on Oct 6, 10 2:12 AM
I am completely dumbfounded at the crap BFG has been trying to pass off as playable games in the past few weeks. Except for "Drawn", there has been nothing of any quality whatsoever. I am usually the type who buys extra credits each month and uses them quickly. Lately, however, I have been able to save and save and save due to the ridiculously poor quality of these games...

Someone at BFG needs to do something or I (and I am sure many others from reading the recent comments) am going to jump ship and go elsewhere to spend my money.

BFG, you really need to apologize for the recent lack of any quality;

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Oct 6, 10 2:31 AM
i totally agree i log on just to see what BF has and its been a bunch of junk

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by irishmist on Oct 6, 10 2:34 AM
I'm sorry to say I agree with almost everyone.I've been a member for about four years this is the worst spell of awful games I've ever seen.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Oct 6, 10 2:51 AM
irishmist wrote:I'm sorry to say I agree with almost everyone.I've been a member for about four years this is the worst spell of awful games I've ever seen.

I have to agree. I have 3 credits from games bought early last month and am starting to wonder if I will ever find anything to buy - esp. since I cannot use them for CEs.

Last game I bought was Columbus - what a disappointment. Have the devs figured out that we estimate the length of games based on the first chapter? That was nice and long at 50 minutes - the rest have been 15-20.

I'd say Happy Gaming but that doesn't seem likely this week.

Go to: