katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

No cursor control

[Post New]by katy12250 on Nov 16, 08 4:58 PM
I tried this version because I have a previous version and have enjoyed playing it. Not this one. Did anyone else have problems with cursor control? On my system everythiing else in the game ran fine, but the cursor was sluggish and unresponsive. I finally gave up and trash canned the game. I'm glad I didn't buy it just because a previous version was good.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:No cursor control

[Post New]by BossBrat on Dec 15, 08 1:38 PM
A LOT of people have reported having trouble controlling the cursor. It was sluggish and blinked all the time and that was the main reason I chose not to buy this game. I have the first two 7 Wonders games and loved them. This one falls short in a lot of ways, including having to tilt your board. How silly.

[Post New]by pepper137 on Dec 25, 08 8:39 PM
I'm also having a lot of trouble with the cursor control especially on game 7 of every level does anyone out there have a solution

2oma
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by 2oma on Aug 22, 09 6:40 AM
should be little cursor control and very sluggish response ( like molasses!)

I trust tech is checking on the posts..... this is what I've done to try to amend the problem.... 1) I'm running XP
2) but I'm also using Foxfire
3) changed my battery ( nope)
4) changed my mouse ( nope)

I've experienced this with another game and wonder if it's a system problem.... a virus??

would like to know the answer..... I enjoy the game-- even like the flipping the directions of the square-- would prefer more instructions-- found the "black hole" option by accident... as you can see, I'm not really a gamer...
thanks all...

[Post New]by Calcul8tor on Aug 30, 09 9:42 PM
I too am having trouble with cursor control. It ruins the fun of playing the game. I wish I had tried the game before I bought it as I would not have purchased the game.

tomysgma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tomysgma on Sep 25, 09 9:06 PM
You can change the screen resolution in the "Options". I changed to the lower resolution and this helped with the cursor.

[Post New]by nadiamuhd on Jun 17, 10 7:10 AM
I just bought this game last night so frustrated cannot play is there anyone out here can help me, can I use my mouse to solve this problem and I love the old version but like to play this new one............................pls help me any solution???????????????????

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Dec 26, 10 1:53 AM
indeed! this is just unplayable.

Re:No cursor control resolved

[Post New]by livock2 on Jul 18, 11 12:19 PM
Go To:
control panel,
Mouse,
Pointer's options,
Untatch every thing, especialy, show pointer's trace

fifi949
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by fifi949 on Jul 27, 11 12:22 AM
How clever livock2, in this Game there is no Pointers Option

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Aug 8, 11 5:00 PM
Is that a way to get rid of the custom cursor livlock? Why wont these game makers learn we would all be a lot happier if we could get rid of the custom cursors they put in. I have never found one that works properly and it really disgusts me that at least fifty percent of the games have them and you can't get rid of them. Thank goodness for the other fifty percent who either don't use one at all or give you the option to remove it. Once again "NO Sale" and all because of that slow a/// cursor.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Aug 8, 11 9:58 PM
No cursor problem and love the turning board, makes the game more of a challange. Gets trickier as game goes on. A bit of skill needed, Love not having a timer deadline.
Sorry for those having trouble, I like this game very much.

Edited on 08/08/2011 at 10:01:11 PM PST

Go to: