JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

No enjoyment

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Oct 6, 10 12:41 PM
I can say with truth, that I have never played a game that there wasn't something that I enjoyed. That is until I got to this one. I played the first one and enjoyed it so I thought I would enjoy this one. WRONG. In my opinion this is a child's game that is so hard that a child couldn't do it. As you can tell I don't enjoy it at all.OH I will finish it sometime, but I have to take a rest from it or I would lose interest in all games. The trouble being it has been sooooooo long since a new good game out I don't know what or where to go. I have several credits and no place to use them. Every day I think there will be a good game but NONE. Thanks for your ear. I will step down from my soapbox now. JKPHEP

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:No enjoyment

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 7, 10 5:00 AM
What are you finding so hard, JKPHEP?
Franklin's advice (on the left) should be just the nudge you need on most occasions (I never used hints), and every mini-game has a ? at top right of screen to give you instructions if you can't work out yourself what you should be doing.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 16, 11 10:38 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:What are you finding so hard, JKPHEP?
Franklin's advice (on the left) should be just the nudge you need on most occasions (I never used hints), and every mini-game has a ? at top right of screen to give you instructions if you can't work out yourself what you should be doing.

JKPHEP, i agree somewhat. I loved the first one. However, for me, this one was quite often more confusing than fun. I love the graphics and fairytale type story. It is a beautiful game and there were parts of it I loved but I often quit just to get away from the frustration. Are we the only 2 that felt this way? What confused me the most were the directional arrows. If I go left twice to get to a screen, I expect to return by going right twice, not by going down once.

Mr-Russ, so glad you never needed a hint, though I doubt that many others would say the same. I didn't see anything constructive in your post. I felt is was written just to be insulting. I guess some of us are just too stupid to live.

Edited on 01/16/2011 at 11:23:21 AM PST

[Post New]by welcomeautumn on Feb 25, 11 3:33 PM
same here, not enjoying this one. To start with, the voiceover is not my cup of tea, a bit too wannabe-thespian sounding. But what stopped me playing the trial after 16 minutes where the dead end hints. And then after quitting the game this trailor pops up; mmh a bit too much in your face and it does certainly not sway me to buy it now.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 8, 11 8:44 AM
cll1950 wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:What are you finding so hard, JKPHEP?

Mr-Russ, so glad you never needed a hint, though I doubt that many others would say the same. I didn't see anything constructive in your post. I felt is was written just to be insulting. I guess some of us are just too stupid to live.
I think you missed the point about graded hints - advice on the left, more detailed help on the right. I didn't need the hints because the advice was enough.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 8:45:51 AM PST

Go to: