bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 7, 10 12:05 AM
Celebrate the holiday season with Fishdom, a fun Match 3 game! Solve immersive puzzles and build up your Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas aquariums. Get yourself into the holiday mood: recreate the festive atmosphere of three great holidays in your tanks! Have fun taking care of quirky tropical fishies and adding amazing themed accessories to your virtual underwater kingdoms in Fishdom: Seasons under the Sea!

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea

[Post New]by dcairns on Oct 7, 10 12:11 AM
I was really hoping for a good game today, but we got this instead.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Oct 7, 10 12:18 AM
Oh well, I guess I can go to bed now. May tomorrow we will get an good IHOG game. It's still early in the month.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 7, 10 12:30 AM
Another day of disappointment. It must be drought season at BFG even though we are heading into fall. So sad tonight since nothing to play.

I keep replaying all those I have purchased over the years but they are getting a little stale. I need something new and challenging. Please, I have credits I want to use.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Oct 7, 10 12:47 AM
"Nothing to play"?? Does that mean you've played all the games out there?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snide; I really am curious. Do you buy every new
iHOG game, and play it right away?? I ask because I am wondering 1) how can you afford that, and 2) how do you have the time?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 7, 10 1:09 AM
Please remember, this site releases a game a day - not your favorite game a day. Just because it is not your favorite genre, please don't put it down unless you, personally, have tried it and can say it is a bad game.

Among Match 3 fans, the Fishdom series is one of the top sellers - a good reliable set of games with stunning artwork, unexpectedly humorous tidbits, and an interactive fishbowl to play with as a "perk." My favorite is still the first in the series, probably because it's easiest on the eyes - the little boxes were biggest in that game.

I had my first Fishdom loaded on my computer for nearly two years, until a computer meltdown. At that time, I decided to not reload it, not because I didn't like it any more, but because I wasted a LOT of time playing it. I can't remember my eventual score, but the numbers spread out beyond the borders of the score box.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 7, 10 2:34 AM
tuttepeever wrote:Another day of disappointment. It must be drought season at BFG even though we are heading into fall. So sad tonight since nothing to play.

I keep replaying all those I have purchased over the years but they are getting a little stale. I need something new and challenging. Please, I have credits I want to use.
Someone in yesterdays forum pointed out that they had missed Sherlock Holmes v Arsene Lupin, as had I, as I love that sort of game. Yes it is a big file and no demo but you may like to play it? Just a thought

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 7, 10 2:44 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:"Nothing to play"?? Does that mean you've played all the games out there?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snide; I really am curious. Do you buy every new
iHOG game, and play it right away?? I ask because I am wondering 1) how can you afford that, and 2) how do you have the time?

I see more and more personal comments in response to an observation that is being posted. Mine was addressed to BFG. If you have personal questions, write a message and I will respond. The Forum is not the right venue IMO.

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 2:52:58 AM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 7, 10 2:54 AM
peglegann wrote:
tuttepeever wrote:Another day of disappointment. It must be drought season at BFG even though we are heading into fall. So sad tonight since nothing to play.

Someone in yesterdays forum pointed out that they had missed Sherlock Holmes v Arsene Lupin, as had I, as I love that sort of game. Yes it is a big file and no demo but you may like to play it? Just a thought

Thanks, I will check it out.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 7, 10 7:20 AM
tuttepeever wrote:
peglegann wrote:

Thanks, I will check it out.

I love it too and it looks like a good one, got an A+ in some of the reviews.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Oct 7, 10 9:01 AM
Well I am thrilled to find a new Fishdom! Didn't think it could get better than the first, but it did. I like the no timer option. Now I can play it both ways.

Note to tuttepeever: Kinda snippy back to alvertis5706 don't ya think? Better go take a grumpy pill, and then search the whole wide wonderful web if you've already played all the BF games. I'm sure there are more out there.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Oct 7, 10 2:06 PM
And there are thousands of console games too. I played lots of the Playstation ones... not much these days though cause they are a lot more stressful than the ones here! I still have a bunch to play on my PS2 but I am glad to have found HOGs and good MATCH 3s as Fishdom.
I will give this one a try because of the relaxed mode and see how the gasmeplay goes, and how it affects scores (with the timer we get high bonuses).
I have got take another look to Spooky Splash as well.

Have a great weekend, fishies from around the world.

nehklh
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by nehklh on Oct 7, 10 4:29 PM
I absolutely love all the fishdom games out there and have them all, thats why i didn't even hesitate on just using my game on this one. But after the download and playing a minute of it, I was a little dissapointed of the fact with all the different types of tanks that you can actually think up, they did the same ones that everyone has. the game is great but I wish that it was all different themes instead. How about tanks with different country themes....china....united states....mexico....italy....etc.....different types of exotic fish such as sharks.......sting rays.....eels......crabs......jelly fish....i think that would make it interesting....anyone else have an opinion on this?

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Oct 7, 10 5:23 PM
Why only 3 tanks? There are many other backgrounds while we play and it would be nice to be able to use some of those. Also, I wish we could size the objects. Not just by bringing them up front but keep them in place and size them.

Ruth58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Ruth58 on Oct 7, 10 5:41 PM
I absolutely love all the fishdom games out there and have them all, thats why i didn't even hesitate on just using my game on this one. But after the download and playing a minute of it, I was a little dissapointed of the fact with all the different types of tanks that you can actually think up, they did the same ones that everyone has. the game is great but I wish that it was all different themes instead. How about tanks with different country themes....china....united states....mexico....italy....etc.....different types of exotic fish such as sharks.......sting rays.....eels......crabs......jelly fish....i think that would make it interesting....anyone else have an opinion on this?

I would have to agree with nehklh on this. I really do like the Fishdom series and the fact that I can play them in relaxed mode -- it is enjoyable and challenging enough for me.

I would like to see more variety in the tanks and type of fish as well as the "creature comforts" -- the air filter, vitamins, etc.

Hopefully Fishdom will continue to make new games but give us some more variety.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Oct 8, 10 2:26 PM
Oh I like the idea of different country theme tanks. And a wider variety of fish is great too. There could also be country life theme, city life, disco, so many to chose from! Thank you Fishdom creators, we do love our Fishdoms!

Demiguise
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Demiguise on Oct 11, 10 11:07 AM
sinshack wrote:Please remember, this site releases a game a day - not your favorite game a day. Just because it is not your favorite genre, please don't put it down unless you, personally, have tried it and can say it is a bad game.

Agreed.

Go to: