bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 7, 10 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 7, 10 12:40 AM
I'm a big sucker for these Fishdom games and I bought this one right away even though I already have all the seasons except Thanksgiving plus every other Fishdom offering that exists.

These Fishdom games are not the most challenging (or best) match 3 games that exist but, like SpinTop HOGs, you know what you're getting with this franchise.
They always deliver on your expectations in that you know you will enjoy the games.

As always:

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 1:01:43 AM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Oct 7, 10 12:49 AM
Another sucker here: Fishdom is like comfort food.....they're comfort games for me.
Always pleasant and soothing.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 7, 10 1:28 AM
The best part about this game (so far) is that they went back to the bigger boxes!!! I didn't really care for the previous "seasonal" Fishdom games because the M3 boxes were so small - not so tiny you couldn't see, but you did have to strain a bit to find the matches. These are nice and big, and based on the grid configurations in the early screens they will be very interesting to clear once I progress to the point that all the blocks are locked or blocked.

Great job! Now I have another interesting "fall back" game to play whenever the Arcade, Adventure, and Time Management fans get their fixes.

ps. Too bad they missed Easter as a holiday - I would have loved seeing the fish in bunny ears or delivering eggs!

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 1:29:21 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 7, 10 1:44 AM
This is the only game that I buy because of it's screen savers... Playrix

I have all the Fishdoms, and just can't resist a sequel...I'm a fishie, ain't I?

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 7, 10 1:59 AM
I agree the bigger boxes are nice, and I like playing without the timer; however, I already have the Christmas area and the Halloween area from the games that were released last year. All that it is new is the Thanksgiving area. Sorry, but it's not a buy for me.

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 1:59:56 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 7, 10 2:18 AM
dlb628 wrote:I agree the bigger boxes are nice, and I like playing without the timer; however, I already have the Christmas area and the Halloween area from the games that were released last year. All that it is new is the Thanksgiving area. Sorry, but it's not a buy for me.

I also have the Christmas and Halloween versions, but there are new and different items to place in the tanks and the backdrop is slightly different, so they do look like new tanks. Give it a free trial - just the fact that the boxes are much bigger than the other seasonal ones made this a "buy" for me, but decide for yourself.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 7, 10 2:49 AM
Thanks, Sinshack, I'll take your advice and give it a closer look tomorrow. I agree it might be worth it for the bigger boxes - I never play those other games because I get eye-strain after awhile.

dandello
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dandello on Oct 7, 10 3:21 AM
I'm also a sucker for the fishdom series. I've been on hiatus from them as I was getting burnt out, but I have 2 free game codes burning in my email. I shall get this one with no hesitation!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Oct 7, 10 4:57 AM
I have them all....Happy Gaming

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 7, 10 4:57 AM
who can resist fish ??????
so much to love about the series..........
keep em coming and thx
can't wait to morph away from being a squid

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Oct 7, 10 5:19 AM
I love Fishdom and yeah it's not the absolute best M3 play and the graphics aren't the usual fairy tale or creepy I go for but I love love love Fishdom! Looking forward to this one too

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 7, 10 5:32 AM
I bought it. I liked the fact of having all of the seasons together in one game.
The music is very relaxing with Fishdom Match 3 games. Also, I like to play timed and this game actually gives you 'the time' to finish. I love the beauty, comfort and fish decorations. They are so pretty.
I have gotten caught too many times with Match 3 games that I feel pressured. I don't have the reflexes that I did when I was younger. They are almost impossible to win.
So thank you to the dev. of Fishdom Match 3's. Very nice indeed.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Oct 7, 10 5:41 AM
Also, I like to play timed and this game actually gives you 'the time' to finish.

Well put, I bought an untimed M3 once and never again, was the most stupefyingly boring game I've ever trudged through but by the same token it's nice to have the timer not be brutal. I like the super challenging ones too but with Fishdom you can chill and still have that edge of knowing you have to keep up.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 7, 10 6:05 AM
As most everyone else has stated I'll buy this also. It's one of those go-to games when I want to kill time or just need to relax. I'm over 4oo levels into the original and still going. The holiday collection is a treat for me as I only have the original and Xmas/winter.
Good use for one of my credits....

Sinshack-
Bunny ears and delivering eggs...lol. I'd like to see that too.

Rebecca Lily-
Their screensavers are nice and soothing. And the best thing...changeable!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 7, 10 7:00 AM
I have bought Fishdom 1 in 2008, but haven`t bought the other Fishdom games (but I would love to buy them as a Daily Deal someday ). I was happy to see this new Fishdom game released today and love that it combinate three seasons. Its a buy for me of course

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 7, 10 7:36 AM
jddrn wrote:I have never bought any of the Fishdom games. If you were me, would you buy Fishdom2 or this 3pack holiday game? I do like a challenge as well as some relaxing fun.

I'm not a match-3 fan usually but I have never regretted buying the first one. There is something really relaxing about this. I love the graphics and the music. The levels get progressively harder and become quite challenging and yet it still just is quite soothing.The holiday themes just make it more of a treat.
Once you create your tank you can use it a s a screen saver. And with every play as you change it you can update your SS also.
I would recommend it. Demo it and see if you feel the same as I.
It must be the fish....I can relate to.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Oct 7, 10 7:38 AM
jddrn wrote:I have never bought any of the Fishdom games. If you were me, would you buy Fishdom2 or this 3pack holiday game? I do like a challenge as well as some relaxing fun.

Wow! tough choice--ALL the fishdom games are fun! Why not do the demo of both and then decide?

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Oct 7, 10 7:55 AM
Thank you thank you...Love these Fishdoms...Have them all....They are just relaxing to play......Now if they would just get a new Rainbow Web for me i would be happy...Love that one too...

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Oct 7, 10 8:19 AM
I love the Fishdom games,especially because of the lovely fish,of the 'build an aquarium' element and the screensavers, and I never have had any techical problems with them, and there are hours and hours (days, weeks...) of gameplay, so guess what? I have to have this one as well

Go to: