bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 7, 10 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Post any Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 7, 10 1:50 AM
I have played this game from dev. site with no problems. I get an access violation everytime I hit the play button. I have spent the past two+ hours updating drivers, changing aero to vista basic, updating flash player, and anything and everything else your help articles have told me to do. I even uninstalled the original game from dev site and BFG and then reinstalled it from my purchase history, still getting error. To add insult to injury, I have tried dozens of files to 'attach' to the help entry page to contact customer service and all of them are either too big, no path and other error messages, so it won't even submit my cry for help to customer services team. What file do you want me to attach? Guess I'll have to do this the old fashioned way and pick up the phone. I have restarted my darn computer three or four times between all the updates, that I can't figure why they are even necessary since game played fine from dev site. Very frustrated. Would appreciate any advice since this seems to be the only cry for help I can manage.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Oct 7, 10 2:59 AM
hi dee,

sorry to hear that you are getting that dreaded error. the file that you need to send to big fish is a dxdiag file.

what you need to do is go under your start tab and type in dxdiag where it says start search, a file will come up and you want to save to your desktop, that way when you go to attach it to your tech issue you will be able to find it easily.

hope this helps.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 7, 10 3:07 AM
Thank you so much for responding to my plea for help! I did as you suggested and get an error message that states "The file could not be successfully uploaded. Either the file was too large, or the path to the file was incorrect" I went into the dxdiag properties and confirmed that it is the one I did 2 min ago, so now what? So sorry to be this clueless!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 7, 10 5:13 AM
Contact the tech folks by clicking on the "We're Here to Help" button in the right-hand column, but this time DO NOT try to attach the dxdiag file, just mention in your message that you tried and it is too large. I also had the same problem of not being able to attach my dxdiag file, so the tech walked me through sending him the file through his email - it has a larger capacity. He got me up and running again.

Keep in mind that it says it can take up to 72 hours (3 days) for a reply - a gamer on another BFG forum started complaining (loudly) just a couple of hours after sending his/her request for help that nobody had responded yet. It usually takes less than a day for them to get back to you, but most of the techs have weekends off (just like most workers) so if you turn in a report late Friday it might take a longer time.

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 5:15:32 AM PST

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 7, 10 5:41 AM
Thank you very much! I created a new customer service screen and filled it out, minus the file attachment attempts and it sent! YEAH! I can't believe I was getting so frustrated over tech issues on cute goggly eyed fishies! I am very relieved just to submit my cry for help to tech support, I am very grateful for your help!

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Oct 7, 10 6:24 AM
Game black screens immediately with 0x0050A7C7 terminated message. Maybe I'll try it on my XP Toshiba next.

I demo'd this game from the author's site and after 10 mins my computer was over heating - the CPU temp was 75, after 10 mins and the fans were nearly at 100%.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 7, 10 6:37 AM
That was the same code #'s and letters that my error message stated too. Are you running Vista?

geas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by geas on Oct 7, 10 9:43 AM
Crashed and locked my computer after 5 minutes. First crash I got an error message code violation, second time, black screen no message. I couldn't even control, alt, delete to shut down the computer. Had to do a hard reboot. Running Windows Vista. I'm afraid to play this game any more.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 7, 10 11:06 AM
Hello everyone,

If you've played the developer's version of the game and are now running into an Access VIolation, please contact our Tech Support team, which you can contact by clicking on that green envelope to the right. They will be able to provide you with instructions to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 2:19:47 PM PST

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Oct 7, 10 11:28 AM
Dee_H wrote:That was the same code #'s and letters that my error message stated too. Are you running Vista?

I'm on a 6 month old Windows 7 64 bit Toshiba Gaming Computer.

Since the post I played Fishdom 2 with no problem other than overheating, and I played Royal Envoy with no problem.

I thought the installation might have corruption some Video Drivers, but it didn't.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 8, 10 5:48 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

If you've played the developer's version of the game and are now running into an Access VIolation, please contact our Tech Support team, which you can contact by clicking on that green envelope to the right. They will be able to provide you with instructions to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but from this comment it sounded like this was an easy fix that tech support already knew about and had a pre-scripted solution ready in waiting? Or maybe I was just hoping... Either way, I am trying really hard to wait my '24-48' hrs, but am itching to play. My little girl is so excited to see the fishes dressed up for Halloween on my screensaver! Silly right? Just forget my ticket and post it here so all (ok, both) of us can start dressing up our laptops for the spooky season

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Oct 8, 10 8:34 AM
Is thia glitch? My fishes are unhappy!!!!! Some of them are sick, some want food or vitamin! But they have all the comfort I can give them. I don't like having unhappy fishes. Please help!

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Oct 9, 10 9:10 AM
Is anyone else having the problem of unhappy fishes? This is annoying. Bigfish--either answer or do something about it. Otherwise, I want my money back. This game is not working as it should.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 9, 10 2:59 PM
Since I seem to be the only other person on this page, and cannot even open the game, I can only respond from my experience with the other Fishdom games (I have all the others, and by the way they play fine). Can I assume that you already purchased the fish feeder and vitamins from the comfort section at the shop? If so, you should not have problems. If you still do, definitely contact tech support with green envelope.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 9, 10 3:02 PM
Dee_H wrote:
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but from this comment it sounded like this was an easy fix that tech support already knew about and had a pre-scripted solution ready in waiting? Or maybe I was just hoping... Either way, I am trying really hard to wait my '24-48' hrs, but am itching to play. My little girl is so excited to see the fishes dressed up for Halloween on my screensaver! Silly right? Just forget my ticket and post it here so all (ok, both) of us can start dressing up our laptops for the spooky season

Sniff...still looking for answers on this issue, no word from tech support.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 9, 10 8:35 PM
Thanks to tech support for contacting me! Dr. Felix is on the way! Which means I am that much closer to adorable fishies dressed up for the Halloween season!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Oct 10, 10 1:15 AM
Hi-I'm running this game with Windows 7 on an HP laptop that's only 2 months old. All my drivers are up to date, I checked. This game is making my computer crash big time. Any ideas? Should I try reinstalling? I've played at for quite a while, but now every time I play, the game crashes, taking me back to the same spot every time I try to restart. I've never had this problem with s Bigfish game. Help!

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 11, 10 3:11 PM
Tech support is working on this and I'll gladly forward any advice (if applicable) when I hear back. Did you contact them brooklyn blonde? Just curious, have you ever played this game (demo) from developer's site or other Fishdom games?

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Oct 13, 10 1:49 AM
Hi thanks, I did contact tech support. I have played other Fishdom games, but not on my current computer. Haven't tried reinstalling yet, which may fix the problem. Really like this game, so hoping I can fix this issue!

Go to: