peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Luxor: Quest for the Afterlife - Released on November 17, 2008

[Post New]by peh4psu on Nov 17, 08 7:00 AM
I'm having problems playing this game. I seem to have no control over the "cursor" during game play and it is very jerky.

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Nov 17, 08 7:03 AM
I not only have that problem, Peh4psu. My game is so slow. Bogs down so bad. Also it takes forever to get through all of the talking scenes and when I wanted out of the game, it took almost 10 minutes to do so.

It would be a fun game to play if this didn't happen.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Nov 17, 08 8:48 AM
I was downloading the game when I saw this thread. Not going to play it now and will delete. Is that wrong?
giggyann

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 18, 08 1:34 PM
Be sure you have updated video drivers and all service packs and updates for your Windows OS. Make sure you have the latest DirectX. Those are the easy things to do. But even after all that, the talking scenes bog down, though the play is now up to speed on all the levels. I've played here and another site, so got two hours into the game. I like it, but will not buy it yet.

Twigletto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Twigletto on Nov 19, 08 11:05 AM
Despite doing all the things that were suggested another duff game, totally hacked off and have lost a credit hoping that if i owned it it would perform. My mindless relaxation has caused me to want to kill... again.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Nov 21, 08 5:41 AM
If a level is slow or jerky, go to options and switch to Low Detail. It doesn't make any noticeable difference to the graphics and it can speed up game play.

[Post New]by rmadsen on Nov 30, 08 4:21 PM
You can visit http://forum.mumbojumbo.com then go to the "Bugs" forum to find information on fixes and patches that will solve these problems.

Robert

Twigletto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Twigletto on Dec 22, 08 12:45 PM
thanks

[Post New]by meschatons on Dec 27, 08 10:51 AM
I cannot get past the City of "Rey." It's in a small boat. I created another profile and can't past it there, either. In the first profile I have over 11,000,000 points and in the second I have over 9,000,000. I have TRIED AND TRIED FOR AGES to get out of this city. Please give advise. Thanks. MesChatons

[Post New]by SharpayEvants on Feb 6, 09 11:26 PM
Everything is going very good and nothing is bad or jerky And I think the game is... FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Owlish
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Owlish on Feb 7, 09 3:20 AM
This is what CheerfulDragon8 suggested on the games forum and it worked for me. By the way Thank You CheerfulDragon i forgot to do this because once i could play the game i forgot, Sorry! High/low Detail if game is slow or jerky, go to your options in the game and switch from High detail to low Detail. This will make little difference to the graphics, but this did improve my game. I hope this helps, and don't thank me Thank CheerfulDragon, i hope he is still around to see this?

Go to: