bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 8, 10 12:05 AM
Go on an adventure with Inspector Dupin! Monsieur Mark Davies has reported his wife, Sara, missing and now it’s up to you to track her down and solve the mystery! Follow a mysterious black cat, who seems to be purposely helping you, and discover helpful clues in Dark Tales: Edgar Allen Poe’s The Black Cat. Use your Hidden Object talents to tackle the case, and discover the evil culprit behind Sara’s disappearance.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 8, 10 12:19 AM
I'm really happy for those who have been looking forward to this game - it's a terrific game. But it's been 8 days for a good new game for me! I didn't go for the Time Inheritance game and have already bought Dark Tales and Drawn as CE's.
Just venting my rapidly waning patience

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 8, 10 12:35 AM
I am sorry katejoe!!! I know the feeling - up until midnight I was in the same boat as you!

For those of us who have been waiting for the release of the SE of this EAP game... LET US REJOICE!!!

THANK YOU BFG!! Picman said yesterday for us to keep the faith that it is going to be a very busy and very good Fall and Winter.... Maybe this is the first sign of good things to come.

Eagerly expecting Mystery Age: The Dark Priests tomorrow... (hope-hope-hope)

shadowfax

TSM5960
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by TSM5960 on Oct 8, 10 12:48 AM
same here katejoe999. maybe soon a game to play.

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 8, 10 1:04 AM
Hey guys,
Was wondering what the major difference between the CE and the SE was. I know there is meant to be bonus game but how long is the bonus game?
Decisions decisions. lol

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 8, 10 1:16 AM
missillusioned wrote:Hey guys,
Was wondering what the major difference between the CE and the SE was. I know there is meant to be bonus game but how long is the bonus game?
Decisions decisions. lol
How about if you can, download both and check. If not, usually there is a strategy guide in the CE and as you know the bonus level. As with all games, the bonus level length depends on how fast you play it. Just checking both for you now. Will post more if no one else replies to you before that
Edit. Have now done the bonus content, it took me just over an hour. The extra content was not much interest to me personally, usual wall paper, movie, music etc. Although I did love the game, I did not feel that the bonus content was worth twice the price. Having said that BF charge the least for the CE than other sites that I have found when I bought the CE. Hope this helps with your decision.

Edited on 10/08/2010 at 3:17:55 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 8, 10 1:32 AM
Best. Game. Ever. Seriously, I thought this was even better than Dire Grove, which is the gold standard for me.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 8, 10 2:04 AM
In trying to reply to missilussioned, I DL'd both versions. I cannot believe that I did not complete the bonus game!!! How can anyone do that? I usually delete the games from my system when I have completed them as I did with this one. Well at least I have a game to play today. Am off to play. I hope you all enjoy the main game as I did.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Oct 8, 10 3:25 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I am sorry katejoe!!! I know the feeling - up until midnight I was in the same boat as you!

For those of us who have been waiting for the release of the SE of this EAP game... LET US REJOICE!!!

THANK YOU BFG!! Picman said yesterday for us to keep the faith that it is going to be a very busy and very good Fall and Winter.... Maybe this is the first sign of good things to come.

shadowfax

Where did he say this?

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Oct 8, 10 4:26 AM
I am really happy for those who were waiting for this. Unfortunately, I bought the CE, so this leaves me without a new game again. Darn! I know... patience, patience, but I want to play something good!

I don't know about you, but I don't really enjoy playing a game over and over, especially HOG's because I remember them as I get into them again and it takes the fun out of it. I always delete after playing to make room for the new.

Maybe tomorrow?

[Post New]by baglady159 on Oct 8, 10 5:39 AM
Now that this game is finally out (one I have been waiting patiently for ) I will patiently wait for a new Mystery Case Files. Surely they're working on a new one. Dire Grove and RTR were the best games ever.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 8, 10 7:59 AM
bball111 wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:I am sorry katejoe!!! I know the feeling - up until midnight I was in the same boat as you!

shadowfax

Where did he say this?

Hello Bball111 !!

If you are interested in reading what he had to say:

Here is the link to the CCC discussion that Picman posted in - look towards the bottom of page 3 of this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/40/120616.page

[Post New]by eula81 on Feb 2, 13 2:31 PM
I cannot get past connecting the wheel to the oil drum. doing that will open the next door.

Go to: