bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 8, 10 2:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by bumblebea on Oct 8, 10 10:39 AM
game keeps crashing. I got to the inside hall and got and error message. Restarted game under differant name and didn't get that far when it crashed again

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Oct 8, 10 12:26 PM
game crashed when I was in the garden..going to restart computer and hopefully is will iron itself out.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 8, 10 2:59 PM
Game crashed ib me in the clock mini!

Ilkie
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Ilkie on Oct 9, 10 5:10 AM
A lot of us had the same problem with the CE. Got an error message, "corrupt file, unable to save your game".
BFG are aware & working with the developers. I suggest you contact Customer Service and let them know. They have been really helpful so far.

[Post New]by loopynemo75 on Oct 9, 10 5:24 AM
I played the collectors edition at first but purchased this version - this meant I had to do the first bit again (not a problem). However, I have been playing it for at least another 2 hours (in the arbor in the garden) and it switched off. Started it again and it says my saved file is corrupted and I have to choose a new one! Soooooo frustrating! Can't even face doing the start again (for the third time!). Will have to have a lie down in a dark room and think about it later.....

zunan
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by zunan on Oct 9, 10 7:16 AM
please help...there is no hidden object game by the fountain....walkthrough says to get sack there.. is anyone else having this problem...if so what do i do? un install and then re install? this is not the CE..thanks for help

[Post New]by GirlWithManyEyes on Oct 9, 10 7:17 AM
This game is virtually unplayable on my computer. It installs and opens OK but once in the game everything is soooooooo slow that I am unable to play. Sad it looks like a good game.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Oct 9, 10 8:23 AM
zunan wrote:please help...there is no hidden object game by the fountain....walkthrough says to get sack there.. is anyone else having this problem...if so what do i do? un install and then re install? this is not the CE..thanks for help

zunan, the hidden object game is not really by the fountain, it's by the tower where you find the ballet dancer and the gnome. Good luck!

I can't find the H O G for the upstairs corridor, lol.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Oct 9, 10 3:18 PM
Had the 'save file corrupted' message with the CE version and customer support couldn't help. I was hoping that this version would have had that bug worked out but unfortunately not. A real pity 'cause I really want this game. Unfortunately also have the same problem with Redemption Cemetery which showed up after I have done the trial and bought it. No solution there either.

xeexee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by xeexee on Oct 9, 10 9:33 PM
I started the game and it says my exe file has stop working... didn't have this problem when I was playing the trail version in the collectors edition. Have bought the game and really really want to play...

mdaring
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by mdaring on Oct 10, 10 10:29 AM
I am getting the save file corrupted error as well. I have started over twice and my progress has been lost. The first time I had to start completely over. The second time it just started me about halfway through where I had left off.

ARGH! I really wanted to play this game, too.

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on Oct 10, 10 10:58 AM
I accidentally picked up the drawer handle while reading the notes, and couldn't put it down again. I had to close the game to get rid of it

[Post New]by talleulah on Oct 10, 10 1:14 PM
Twice now got the "save game file corrupted" message after crash . The first time I think I was pretty near the end of the game. Is there an update coming? Cuz I'm not going to start over for a third time unless I am confident I can play it all the way through.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Oct 10, 10 7:59 PM
can not get the pick to do the door..have tried to uninstall and re install 3 times..any help I would greatly appreciate

[Post New]by Tomcat460 on Oct 10, 10 11:19 PM
Having same 'crash' problems and getting "save game file corrupted" message. Have notified BFG. Suggest all who are having this problem do the same.

[Post New]by JadeAcres on Oct 11, 10 3:51 PM
Same problems here. Hours and hours spent, only to have system crash, boot you out, and then save file error message. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. Have even uninstalled and downloaded game again.
Am on third attempt and am about half-way through again, so far only had it stall once. Had to C-A-D to fix, but luckily it saved the game this time and I was able to continue. But now pliers won't work on coat-hanger... so stuck, can't advance further. Anyone hit this same problem and have possible fix?

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Oct 11, 10 7:59 PM
Got to Chapter 5 and Game suddenly shuts down. What's happening?

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Oct 11, 10 8:58 PM
The whole game has played okay for me until you try to use the magnet to get the gear out of the jar. Then the dang thing won't work. It doesn't pick it up. I've messed around with it for about an hour, very frustrating!!

mdaring
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by mdaring on Oct 12, 10 8:13 AM
So I am wondering what the solution is for me on this game. I'm not sure because out of the many games I've bought here, I've never had a problem where I couldn't play the game.

Do I just sit it out and wait for BFG to give an update, or do I conclude that I will not be able to play this game and ask for a credit?

Go to: