bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Paradise Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 8, 10 2:01 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Paradise Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by linda102 on Oct 10, 10 4:03 PM
Ok, I have downloaded everything you suggested, uninstalled and reinstalled, and it still doesn't work. Tomorrow I will contact the online help and see if they can help me. If not, I give up!

[Post New]by linda102 on Oct 11, 10 8:52 AM
Today I have update everything that was suggested and now I have a 'blank' screen instead of the jumbled one. Can I choose a different game and get rid of this one?

Thanks,
Linda

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 12, 10 6:52 AM
well i want to buy....but...got almost thru first level...yeah ...first..it froze up...was on the demo...will wait for to fix...lately i had lots of games completely refuse to work...my puter is all updated everthing...noticed some fishee's here have gone on playing to higher, higher, higher levels....not i

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 13, 10 5:04 PM
i luved it so much...hoping to have a fix it cuz i do not want to give it up....PLEASE TELL ME WILL RUN A FIX?...PLS...PLS..PLS..i have done this one time before to a game...and are doing it now with this one...
install
uninstall
play...freeze
turn off puter
reinstall
play a few levels
freeze
turn off puter
uninstall
reinstall
play a level...maybe
turn off puter
uninstall - leave in purchase history for now.....
believe me i got thru that past game BUT NOT WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN!
i am not giving up ... will fix....later...
-

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 20, 10 10:04 PM
darn...this thread died....guess i am some of the few that are still having problems...so insane...i like playing games for relaxing...now i do not even want to BUY ANY GAMES FROM BIG FISH...would be nice if they let us know why?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 20, 10 10:49 PM
I am so sorry to read this frustration over tech issues on this game, since I admit I've been loving it for well over a year and on several pc OS. I hope by now you have contacted CS green envelope and sent a RX Doc Felix so they can see if there is a compatibility issue and a simple solution. I've had so few games not running right from BF, or would run on pc but not Vista laptop, usually the graphics card couldn't handle it. This game is very very graphics intensitive so ram could be the issue. I have 2 games that freeze up if Ii play more than 2 chapters at a time, Murder She Wrote and Gardenscapes. But run as long as I want on laptop with W7, just not older pc 512 ram. I exit, disk cleanup, dump temp files etc, and start clean where I left off.

Just to add, BF can't fix a game they didn't make, but can hopefully fix the problem with your pc compatibility, maybe update Flash or whatever for animations. I'd say it is worth the time on this, others I just canned and got a coupon. I bought PQ over a year ago on another game club and played up to L150 on old pc XP 512 ram. It's the only game I bought from them, higher price. Later BF got it and I bought it again on DD or COW because I couldn't reinstall on new W7 laptop so have 2 copies, one on GMgr, other the icon, both no issues at all and over 150 levels now.

Please please let CS have a look at your sys dx. I had a game that would not run on my other Vista laptop, one of the top ten favs, ran in slow motion to stop. Turned out a graphics card, altho new laptop the graphics card was 2 years older than the laptop and no driver upgrades. Got a coupon. Strange but recently now that I have W7 just curious I reinstalled on that and works terrific. So, just saying it is usually our stuff needing fixed rather than the game, with exceptions of course. But if PQ plays fine on 4 yr old XP and also brand new W7 then I'd say it isn't the game but a minority of machines not compatible.At least you will know if you contact CS
Good luck

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 20, 10 10:54 PM
Just a thought but are you playing timed or relaxed? There is another M3, I think one of the Jewel Match versions that was freezing for folks on timed, but not on untimed for some mysterious reason. I don't play timed so can't know if that is the glitch.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Nov 30, 10 5:12 AM
puzzledone...have done all that up to this date...even has a 'real live tech' out to home to update and kill all the virus's...still doing the same...i have installed/uninstalled....did a dr fixit....u name it...this game so far as i have been able to play is AWESOME....do not want a credit...so am tired of all the posting as other gamers seem to be enjoying it....guess it was not meant for me to 'try it'...'luv it'...'buy it'...now stuck with it...oh well....later

[Post New]by lconner on Apr 4, 11 7:33 PM
It has been getting more and more difficult to get paradise quest to stay up when first starting it. Now it doesn't at all - it minimizes and will not open up. I have to go to task manager and end it. What do I need to do to play this game???????

[Post New]by bcross1 on May 1, 11 4:52 PM
I can not finish level 18. I do not have any vines just a Machet

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 5:06:05 PM PST

aawee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by aawee on Sep 6, 11 2:04 AM
Hello,

I've bought Paradasie quest, but all I've got is a link for a 200kb application which is opening a window called "Big fish games", and showing nothing.. there's no button working (sign out, options..), and I cannot even close it, it doesn't react. The only thing is working is a banner for this site.

Can you at least direct me to the list of the soundtrack for this game, this is the only reason why I'm trying to download it on PC.

Paradise Quest

[Post New]by zzmel2 on Apr 15, 12 9:40 PM
I'm not sure if I am posting this correctly. I didn't really want to reply but to start a new question. I have purchased paradise quest and really liked this game until I hit level 50. For some reason I am unable to pass this level. I tried five times already but I keep going round and round. There is no map search. You have to pass each of the quests and this level has all sorts of darkness problems. I light each one of the torches and if you don't go fast enough, the torch goes out and have to relight them. I have passed other levels with the torches and had no problem. First I thoght I did not accomplish everything. I realized I had more pictures to take with the camera and maybe that was why I couldn't go ahead. I completed all the pictures and tried once more to complete the level. I don't know whats wrong and when I go to the journal, it shows no parts of pictures to assemble. I am really frustrated and ready to call it quits. I must have spent at least 25 hours doing this game. I'm really stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks lots,

Mel

[Post New]by sandeeowen on Oct 11, 12 1:15 PM
What is the raft used for? can't get enough points in any catagory to go beyond the beginning

[Post New]by giavonni on Mar 8, 14 12:23 PM
I too. have purchased this game some time ago and I LOVE it. I got to the end and just started all over again! Well to make a long story short I went into the hospital to have surgery and when I returned it won't start . So I followed all the rules and uninstalled it but now I"m tring to re-install it and don't know how. I was given a registration key# but it won't work---what's up with that? Ripped off I"d say and I don't like it!!!!! I have purchased many games from Big Fish and this is not the way to treat a good paying customer!!!

Go to: