Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

What the fish wants

[Post New]by Zacx on Oct 8, 10 9:37 PM
Sometimes one of the fishes wants shows a fish head that's gray with a stripe and I think a small orange fin. The fish is pointing to the left. It's eating something. I can't figure out what the fish wants. I can't find this fish head in the fish or in the beauty or in the comfort. I've had this problem with other Fishdom games too. Can anyone tell me what the fish wants and how to find it?

Kymberlie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

Re:What the fish wants

[Post New]by Kymberlie on Oct 9, 10 9:15 AM
Hey Zacx,

I've had the same thing happen. I own most of the Fishdom games and that particular fish wasn't immediately familiar to me, and I went through the list of fish available for purchase a few times, and haven't been able to find him either. Is this possibly a glitch? It seems like my little sea turtle is always asking me to "buy" that gray fish, and I've seen other fish ask for him as well. I even thought that since it appears that the gray fish is eating something, maybe the turtle was trying to tell me to purchase a particular kind of food. Looked on that list too, but couldn't find any other food than what I'd already bought him. Maybe this one will remain a mystery?

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Oct 9, 10 10:44 AM
Thanks, Kymberlie. I bought the food once and thought that made the fish happy but you can only buy comfort items once and in the same game the gray fish was asked for again. Maybe the fish are playing with our heads?

Kymberlie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by Kymberlie on Oct 9, 10 2:03 PM
Zacx,

I Googled for an answer on the gray fish and it led me back to another post on the BFG forums with the answer we'd been looking for:

The gray fish means the fish is hungry. The nurse fish means the fish needs vitamins.

At least now we'll know what the fish is asking for! I already thought I'd fed the fish, but I'll go back and see if there's anything I'm missing.

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 2:05:41 PM PST

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Oct 9, 10 2:21 PM
I'm not surprised if I missed the vitamins but I thought I'd already fed them too. Thanks again!

Kymberlie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by Kymberlie on Oct 9, 10 2:27 PM
Ok Zacx, NOW it makes sense. You know how the fish normally uses the thinking bubble to tell us what he wants? Well, I checked my feeder, and as I'd thought, I'd already bought one. So....the next time the gray fish came up in the thinking bubble, I watched to see what the fish did next (the fish who had thought about the gray fish). Low and behold, he swam to the feeder and ate, and then stopped thinking about the gray fish for awhile. I then watched two or three more fish go through the same routine (including the turtle).....same thing. Apparently in this case, if you've already bought the feeder, the fish think about when they're hungry anyway, and then just go and eat. Funny I never noticed this in any of the previous Fishdom games I've played.

Incidently, I bought both the Seasons Under the Sea and the Frosty Splash on the same day, and the same gray fish comes up on the Frosty one as well.

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Oct 9, 10 2:29 PM
I did buy both the vitamins and the food and you can't buy them again so I don't know what the heck is going on. Oh well.

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Oct 9, 10 2:31 PM
LOL, I hadn't seen your reply before sending my second one. I wonder if I can nudge the fish toward the feeder. Thanks for your great investigative skills, Kymberlie!

Kymberlie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by Kymberlie on Oct 9, 10 8:06 PM
You're very welcome. I'm just glad we understand what the heck the fish are doing now! LOL

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Oct 9, 10 11:46 PM
My fish turn Green even though I've bought EVERYTHING on the list for them! Stupid game ...

[Post New]by zimziesue on Oct 12, 10 1:58 PM
I hope the people in charge look at these forums and fix the glitches! I think that gray fish is a glitch.

[Post New]by hootowlb4u2 on Nov 3, 10 6:34 AM
About the little grey fish, I too see that coming up all the time from all the fish. They do go to the feeder but have you ever noticed the feeder doesn't really look like it has any food in it? I can't find any place to buy FOOD for the feeder. But thats what I always thought the fish wanted. About you people complaining because a match 3 came up and not another Hidden Object Game, now you know how I feel every time one of your games come up instead of ANY one of the others. Play nice Kiddies!! Everybody need a Turn.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 1, 10 9:00 PM
I have the same problem ... the fish turn blue grey asking for food even though I've purchased EVERY single item for them! They should really fix this problem once and for all.

knorthup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by knorthup on Jan 6, 12 7:39 AM
I agree that the fish keep acting hungry, the food dispenser looks EMPTY, and there is no option to buy food! That part was just confusing for me.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 6, 12 6:09 PM
Evidently the glitches have not been fixed because it is now November 2012 and I've been trying to find out how to feed my fish. I'm glad I read about what is going on because I'm only on the demo and now will not buy this game.

Thanks, fishies. You've saved me a lot of aggravation and some money, too.

[Post New]by TylerQuilter on Feb 6, 13 2:56 PM
There is a moon fish that looks just like the white fish with vertical grey strip and the little orange fin, but it is only on a different tank. The nurse fish is the "I need my vitamans" dream.

Go to: