bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Renovate & Relocate: Boston

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 9, 10 12:05 AM
Help Olivia renovate her new penthouse suite and begin a career in renovation & interior design. Overcome construction issues and convert old houses into gorgeous homes by choosing all new finishes, décor and more! Go from refurbishing small homes to ocean estates and penthouse suites! Travel around Beantown and search for thousands of cleverly hidden objects! Discover your inner-designer talent in
Renovate & Relocate: Boston, a fun and unique Hidden Object game!

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

Re:Renovate & Relocate: Boston

[Post New]by poopysue on Oct 9, 10 12:16 AM
Loved the concept, but the items were too small for my old eyes!

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 12:16:45 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 9, 10 12:27 AM
Yet another dissapointing game and and a really bad week here at BFG. Also what is the story regarding Sherlock Holmes and Arsen Lupin? I bought that last week here at BFG. I am desperately needing a really good IHO.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 9, 10 12:28 AM
I have to agree with poopysue. Although the grapics are almost like a photograph, very crisp.I found that if I clicked on the smallest item, that usually was one of the list. Just too small. Then decorating the rooms. Not for me sorry.

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 12:33:06 AM PST

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Oct 9, 10 12:35 AM
hi fishes just now d/l will have to see what its like .they cant all be 5 star all the timeha so this makes the great onesreally shine.i will let you know what i think later off to try it see ya fishes

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Oct 9, 10 12:35 AM
Another dissapointing game. A lot of these new games are not working full screen on my computer. This is the case with this game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 9, 10 12:38 AM

I've been looking forward to this game for a couple of months but it turns out to be a little different than what I expected.

There are renovations but so far (the demo) its mostly straight HOG and there are some spelling errors that detract (skrewdriver for screwdriver for instance). The voice acting was OK to me but the music was not.

The infamous rubber duckie is alive and well in Boston, apparently!

Its OK but not what I was expecting so I'm a little disappointed.
I'll likely wait for a DD on this game.

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 1:39:48 AM PST

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Oct 9, 10 12:40 AM
I usually have a full punch card by now............

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Oct 9, 10 12:40 AM
I am not interested to pick up some junks in a rich people home, they can call the cleaning company or their grandma to do that, no buy.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Oct 9, 10 12:55 AM
another game that will not work in fullscreen, anybody else have that problem

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 9, 10 12:56 AM
mmemubon wrote:I am not interested to pick up some junks in a rich people home, they can call the cleaning company or their grandma to do that, no buy.

Ditto LOL

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Oct 9, 10 1:00 AM
roxycavalier wrote:another game that will not work in fullscreen, anybody else have that problem

I have a widescreen, no problem here. I had to turn off the sound because I couldn't stand that voice. Items were too small for my old eyes too. Not a buy for me.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Oct 9, 10 1:08 AM
Nilosh wrote:Yet another dissapointing game and and a really bad week here at BFG. I am desperately needing a really good IHO.

DITTO!!!!!!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Oct 9, 10 1:17 AM
Straight HOG except for the renovating which I hated so definitely a No Buy for me.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Oct 9, 10 1:24 AM
I agree with all the above, tiny items, REALLY irritating voices (even Tony the handyman), I didn't actually like any of the kitchen decoration choices, basically you chose one colour scheme and then everything else followed, because everything else was colour coded (I suppose you could have blue walls, green units and red tops but eughh! lol).

I spent ages clicking the container the flowers were in because I was looking for a vase, and then found another one.

Enevelope, not envelope
light post not lamp post
container(!?) was a dustbin (wheelie bin over here in the UK but I don't expect it to be that specific!).

So I am going to splurge a credit on Arsene Lupin, and carry on playing the old game I redownloaded - Treasures of Mystery Island, which I played so long ago I've completely forgotten everything!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 9, 10 2:01 AM
Thanks for all of your comments and reviews everyone!! I saw the TGT at the stroke of midnight and almost had a stroke myself... (jk).

It so much looked like a game that I wouldn't enjoy playing that I thought I would let some others do my dirty work and download and trial the game and then pop back in here for the verdict. Sure enough... it doesn't sound too promising. Thank you for all of the info!!

If they don't release Mystery Age: Dark Priests this week, I am never going to believe another word mudrock says in his weekly posts. EVER!!

Have a great weekend everyone...

shadowfax

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 9, 10 3:39 AM
Do this. Do that. Bring me my meal. Lean forward. Bend over. Grab your ankles.
Let's get back to less servantile games, shall we? Jeez.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 9, 10 3:45 AM
"Renovate & Relocate : Boston".....Well.............why in the world would you want to renovate & relocate Boston!!?? I mean.........okay, I could see the renovate thing but.......................WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RELOCATE IT????What's wrong with where it's at????
Nothing around here for me today, guess I'll go away.
Dr.good
p.s. And to every one that thinks this is a great game and really enjoys the premise of it..................ENJOY!!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 9, 10 3:51 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:

If they don't release Mystery Age: Dark Priests this week, I am never going to believe another word mudrock says in his weekly posts. EVER!!

I don't think that it's appropriate what BF is doing: Empty Promises, with Junk Offers!

Mudrock, how would you feel, if your wife cheated on you???

Shame on you, BF!

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 3:56:59 AM PST

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Oct 9, 10 4:20 AM
What a junky game! Old style, unimaginative and boring. I agree with the posters above asking where games like Mystery are! Where is it? Where is Ancients Spirits: Columbus? Where is the Antiques Roadshow game that was promised a couple of weeks ago?

Go to: